Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 12:52 PM

46 posts, read 210,911 times

Advertisements

[quote=dsolnmsol;651219]Mind if I add one more thing to that??? Ok....good. *** DON'T GIVE UP! ***
Alot of unhappy neighbors have shared their horror stories with me only to just throw in the towel and give up. Believe me, just like insurance adjusters, the builder hopes (sometimes in vein) that a homeowner will give up, too.

Thats a provincial statement about builders. Thats like saying all car salesman are sleazy. There are good builders out there that want to do the right thing and unlike insurance adjusters, we at least have a soul.

Last edited by ganggreen; 08-31-2007 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 04:40 PM

4 posts, read 7,565 times
Glad to hear it seems like you've gotten your easement taken care of.

I, on the other hand have BOULDERS the size of Texas in my backyard that they won't remove. They knew the boulders were there - put the sod right smack on top of 'em - which of course means that there's nothing for the sod to attach to....so I can't seem to grow any grass in a good portion of my backyard. I thought they were going to remove them last Friday - they sent 2 guys with shovels...would only remove the rocks the two guys could lift. What a joke! So now I'm trying to get them to come up with an 'alternative' solution since I can't seem to get grass to grow... any suggestions?

Old 09-04-2007, 08:13 PM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
We have the same boulder problem in our backyard, my hubby has already removed two, one of which he couldn't even pick up. He had to roll it next door to the open lot under construction since he couldn't even lift into the dumpster. We still have many more but we found to just fix ourselves. We asked them to fix at least 3 times and each time they have done the same thing, remove the smaller then throw another piece of sod over the open hole. We now have half fescue and half crabgrass as the newer sod is all weeds. We are doing a complete yard overhaul this fall. Let the games begin. LOL

Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 PM

414 posts, read 1,380,668 times
When I went to this community it was like the nicest community I had ever seen. I still like it to this day. it was a little out of my price range. I can't believe they have all these issues. Hope you guys can get it right because its really nice!

Old 09-13-2007, 05:39 AM

118 posts, read 444,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsolnmsol View Post
I tried that on my drainage issue. The regional manager at the time addmitted in front of a county engineer that it was, in fact, dangerous, but, refused to rectify the problem. We got into a slightly heated arguement standing on the edge of this drainage area and the manager blatantly refused to do anything to make it 'safe', citing it wasn't their responsibility.

While I did not get the results I wanted for safety, currently, the situation is under 'control'. Now, whether or not the drainage holds and doesn't cave in anymore is a wait-and-see issue. To date, this drainage issue has been 'addressed' a total of 5 times. I've lived here less than two years. The builder still did not 'fix' it the way the county told them it was to be fixed. The builder took the 'cheap' way out and did it 'their' way. (not surprising) So, we're watching to see if this last 'fix' holds up. So far, it's held up for about 7 months. Having said that, we're in a drought. If and when the rains start up again.....we'll see if it holds up.

You might also want to try one of the "On Your Side" news coverage. These companies hate that type of publicity. Good luck.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,245 times
Default Lot 43 - Turkey Oak Drive

Hi:

We just went into contract on lot 43 - one of the last spec homes on this street.

I'd LOVE to hear if I should be concerned or ecstatic about our pending purchase. Anyone else with ideas?

Thank you!

Old 01-16-2011, 11:56 AM

22 posts, read 43,241 times
Default Fairington Oaks today

I've been trying to read through all these threads and get a fair picture of people's experiences. All these things didn't happen in Fairington Oaks, did they? How are things today in Fairington Oaks, especially now that McCarr Homes is gone? (We've seen properties on the web that we might want to come down and see.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte