Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 02:34 PM

25 posts, read 68,479 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving and looking in a lot of locations in South Charlotte/Union County, including Providence Plantation. Anyone have any experience there or have friends with kids in Crestdale? I've heard great things about Providence Springs and Providence High school, but not much on this middle school. I've searched Greatschools.net and other sites online, but thought I would ask here as well. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 02:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
My family and I are moving and looking in a lot of locations in South Charlotte/Union County, including Providence Plantation. Anyone have any experience there or have friends with kids in Crestdale? I've heard great things about Providence Springs and Providence High school, but not much on this middle school. I've searched Greatschools.net and other sites online, but thought I would ask here as well. Thanks in advance!
No personal experience, but friends with kids there really like the school. It has a pretty good reputation and doesn't seem to have the issues with problems the way some other middle schools in Charlotte do.

Providence Plantation is an awesome neighborhood!

Old 02-03-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No personal experience, but friends with kids there really like the school. It has a pretty good reputation and doesn't seem to have the issues with problems the way some other middle schools in Charlotte do.

Providence Plantation is an awesome neighborhood!
Thanks for the information! I just don't know anyone who has any kids there, unlike all of the other middle schools in South Charlotte.

Providence Plantation is definitely a great location with great homes.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:42 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,530 times
Very good school that feeds into 2 great high schools. Nice area too.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:57 PM

370 posts, read 753,153 times
We love PP...

We have one that will be in middle next year and we chose the magnet lottery. We have heard good, but not great things about Crestdale from our neighbors. My thought is if it were that bad, some of them would pull and place them a CLT Latin across the street. I think the elementary, Providence Springs, is so incredible ( and it is IS incredible!) that people are a bit disapointment with the challenge level at Crestdale. And the distance is a factor as well. Overall, I think it is a good school and if we do not get in the TD or IB magnet, we will give it a whirl!

That said, our area is so convienant and beautiful, I truly love it. Welcome!

Old 02-05-2010, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordysmama View Post
We love PP...

We have one that will be in middle next year and we chose the magnet lottery. We have heard good, but not great things about Crestdale from our neighbors. My thought is if it were that bad, some of them would pull and place them a CLT Latin across the street. I think the elementary, Providence Springs, is so incredible ( and it is IS incredible!) that people are a bit disapointment with the challenge level at Crestdale. And the distance is a factor as well. Overall, I think it is a good school and if we do not get in the TD or IB magnet, we will give it a whirl!

That said, our area is so convienant and beautiful, I truly love it. Welcome!

Thanks for the information! I have heard how amazing Providence Springs is and that makes sense that expectations may be a little too high upon entering middle school. Good luck on the middle school lottery and thanks again!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:39 AM

370 posts, read 753,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
Thanks for the information! I have heard how amazing Providence Springs is and that makes sense that expectations may be a little too high upon entering middle school. Good luck on the middle school lottery and thanks again!

Good luck to you!

We should know the first week of March, so not much longer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: