Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:50 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
McClure's home was invaded and he was definitely a victim. I think any and/or all of the perps could have and should have been shot while inside his home. However, I think he lost that benefit of the doubt when he got into his car to pursue the suspects. He could easily have found and shot the wrong guy. I disagree with the DA's decision.
Yo. The punk killed pointed a gun at the man just seconds BEFORE he fired in self defense. The man fired a warning shot and intended to shoot out the tires to delay them getting away with HIS things but the punk then got out of the car and pointed a gun at him.. DUH!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:53 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Yo. The punk killed pointed a gun at the man just seconds BEFORE he fired in self defense. The man fired a warning shot and intended to shoot out the tires to delay them getting away with HIS things but the punk then got out of the car and pointed a gun at him.. DUH!
Those details certainly are relevant.

I guess I just don't have enough information to form a real opinion. I mean, I wouldn't kill for my TV...or really anything that's replacable....but I don't know what these thugs stole.

Like I said, it's a very sad situation and I suspect (though I don't know) that even the victim might have second thoughts about ending a 15 year old life.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:57 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,213,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
.....What's not to say that McClure couldn't in turn, counter sue for "emotional stress" and "trama" from the incident?
Indeed they can. This would be a civil suit. It has no bearing on the criminal prosecution decided by the DA.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:15 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Those thugs beat the man and his wife - both elderly folks. And they threatened him, from what I understand. He didn't chase them down to retrieve anything - he chased them down to try to prove to police (who hadnt arrived) that these were the thugs who had beat him and his wife up and who had THREATENED TO COME BACK. Now that is what I understand.

You point a gun at me and tell me if I call the police, you will be back and finish the job - and you can better believe I will be in fear of my life. You already pointed a gun at me and pistol whipped me!

If more of the thugs in this town realized that folks are no longer gonna take this crap, maybe things will settle down and we won't have these home invasions anymore.

Used to be thugs knew they would get shot if they crossed a threshold and threatened folks with a gun. Why are kids not home studying to make something out of themselves? Dang.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:17 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Those details certainly are relevant.

I guess I just don't have enough information to form a real opinion. I mean, I wouldn't kill for my TV...or really anything that's replacable....but I don't know what these thugs stole.

Like I said, it's a very sad situation and I suspect (though I don't know) that even the victim might have second thoughts about ending a 15 year old life.
Well, I'm jaded enough not to worry too much about a stolen TV, knowing that even with my deductable, I could replace my 47" with a 55".

But in the old man's case, those kids stole one of his guns, which would lead me to believe that this fact may have influenced the old man to fire, as the kid stopped and turned around.

As to whether the old guy will feel any guilt about shooting the kid, that may well be determined by other things that were stolen and the trama caused to his wife. If, in the same situation, I could think of a thousand rationalizations for doing exactly what he did, that would cause me not to lose a moment's sleep over it! But that's just me!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:23 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
And if he would have wounded or killed an innocent person?

What then?
What if Mr. McClure had delayed and the thug had a chance to get a shot off first?

See, you can't make tangible decisions with what-if scenarios.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:25 PM

16 posts, read 33,534 times
Default This guy is a hero.

It is unfourtunate that the 15 year old died. Although if he would have let the kid get away, the very next home invasion could have been at one of you guys house that sayes the DA should have charged this old man and could have ended up alot worse. So yes I think this guy may have saved a few lives and is a hero. Unlike others that would have let those kids get away and only worrie about themselves.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:26 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,005,469 times
A couple of things. If you read the article I linked you will see the 76 yr old man chased the kids to try and keep them from getting away until the police could arrive. Secondly once he caught up to them he did not try to kill them just stop them. So the DA determined that he still had the right to defend himself under those circumstances. Those kids then did something to cause him to fear for his life and defend himself. I know at some point they had police helping protect this poor man and his wife. I hope they continue to do so just in case one of those thugs tried to exact revenge.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 PM

16 posts, read 33,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
A couple of things. If you read the article I linked you will see the 76 yr old man chased the kids to try and keep them from getting away until the police could arrive. Secondly once he caught up to them he did not try to kill them just stop them. So the DA determined that he still had the right to defend himself under those circumstances. Those kids then did something to cause him to fear for his life and defend himself. I know at some point they had police helping protect this poor man and his wife. I hope they continue to do so just in case one of those thugs tried to exact revenge.
Great post! I will pray for the guy and his wife. I am sure this has been very tramatic for them. We would not have all these crimes taking place if we brought public hanging back. People would think twice before they commited these stupid crimes.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Why are kids not home studying to make something out of themselves? Dang.
This incident occurred a few days before school started. A poster on another thread suggested these 'kids' just needed some quick cash. Yeah...like they were going out to buy school supplies.

I'm sorry the boy died, he should have thought about it before he committed an armed home invasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte