Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

I would speak to the landlord. No way I would try to communicate to the parents that their kids are peeing all over the property. I'll bet $10 they KNOW the kids are peeing all over the place, and since this is probably b/c they are being potty trained, the parents are fine with it as long as they don't pee indoors on the floor. If they are too small to be potty trained, momma has probably found teaching the kids to pee outside saves on Pampers. You think I am kidding . . . but I am not. I actually KNOW someone who bragged about how she had cut down on $$$ spent on Pampers by keeping her kids outdoors in warm weather and teaching them to pee outside. She said she just washed them off w/ a hose b/f bringing them into the house! She even kept a towel in the garage to dry them off with after they were hosed down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,629,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I would speak to the landlord. No way I would try to communicate to the parents that their kids are peeing all over the property. I'll bet $10 they KNOW the kids are peeing all over the place, and since this is probably b/c they are being potty trained, the parents are fine with it as long as they don't pee indoors on the floor. If they are too small to be potty trained, momma has probably found teaching the kids to pee outside saves on Pampers. .
Please tell me you are kidding. Pretty please...

Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,923 times
Well - if you have a garden, it'll keep the deer away from it!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
My dog pees outside exclusively, and while I think it is weird and wrong that these parents are letting their kids do this, I wouldn't be too concerned about it as a health issue any more than I would my dog. If that makes sense.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
My dog pees outside exclusively, and while I think it is weird and wrong that these parents are letting their kids do this, I wouldn't be too concerned about it as a health issue any more than I would my dog. If that makes sense.
But is your dog peeing outside your front door and around your car?? I don't think so!

It is so hard to imagine the parents don't know better than this

Old 10-01-2009, 08:49 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,219,334 times
This may be the oddest thing I have seen in a long while.

Um address it however you see fit, but ya.. thats not a good thing and it almost probably makes you laugh a the absurdity and then you get angry.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:49 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,629,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

But both stink and who wants to live like this. BTW, I don't like it when people let their dog pee in my yard.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:54 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Please tell me you are kidding. Pretty please...
Nope. Absolute swear-on-the-Bible truth. She encouraged me to do the same with my then potty-training aged son. She said I could make a game of it . . . just teach him to pee off the back porch first . . .

When I said - but but but - he can't run around naked!- she said - just have him wear swimming trunks. When I said - peeing off the back porch would kill my flowers! - she said - Just put out a good thick layer of mulch and as long as you water down the area well every evening, it won't kill your plants. When I said . . . but but but - who wants to put their hands into urine filled mulch - she lifted her eyebrow and said "Don't you have a person who does your landscaping?"

I am so so so serious. And this woman was not only a graduate of a prestigious college, her hubby brought home the bacon to the tune of placing them in the top 5% of wage earners in this country.

I had an acquaintance who bathed her kids (5 and 7) every night and put them to bed in their complete school clothes, down to socks, so when they got up in the morning, all they had to do was brush their teeth and hair and eat a bowl of cereal - and ZIP! out the door. They only wore knitted type outfits or jeans and tops and yes, they slept in their jeans.

She called it "instant ready."

You just never know what folks do in their own homes and with their own kids. That bell curve has a lot of fringe territory at the edges!!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:56 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
But both stink and who wants to live like this. BTW, I don't like it when people let their dog pee in my yard.
She only pees in my backyard. LOL. It's fenced.

I agree that is really strange that they let their kids do this. Do they pull down their pants and actually go potty outside, or are they running around nekkid? Which is another issue w/ all the pervs out there, not to mention it's getting a little chilly out.

Weird. Idk, I'd say something to the landlord.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:14 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsandlimes View Post
Hey All,
I need some advice about how to handle a situation with our neighbors and I would like to handle this correctly. We are currently renting and we have shared outdoor areas with neighbors. The issue were having is they have two small children who are urinating all over the place. At first I thought it was just child without a diaper thing but now it is come to the point where it is a daily basis and on our area and in front of our door and behind my car. The neighbors do not speak english they are from India and I am not sure what to do. I find it to be really gross and unsanitary but they do not speak english should i approach the landlord? This just can not go on...grrr...
I love our place it is in Myers Park and it is in a great area it seems crazy that this is even an issue. I appreciate feedback and what my rights are and how to approach the situation.
Hang a Pakastani flag on your porch. Not only will you not see them again, they will likely build a 12 fence. If that doesn't work, hang a sign on your porch that says that you are a convicted child molester (a picture of a child with a red X across the face might work). Lastly, find out if they are Hindu or Moslem. If they are Moslem, consider buying a frisky puppy. Everytime the kids come around turn the puppy loose so the puppy can jump on and lick the kids. This is taboo for them. If these suggestions don't work, move. I could give other suggestions but they might not seem wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte