Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 06:29 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,978,185 times

Advertisements

If your realty agent is not performing, complain to the real estate broker in charge and be released from the listing. Most real estate brokers want to cultivate a good service image with the public - and being held to a listing agreement that isn't working, does neither party any good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 06:51 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,984,198 times
If there are 80 homes in your neighborhood for sale then where is your house positioned price wise? What is the absorption rate for your neighborhood? How many homes have sold per month and how many months of inventory are on the market. Your agent should be able to tell you.

Sounds like you have stiff competition. With 80 homes to compete against then you better be priced lowest to get sold first. Even worse if your are competing against new construction.

If you have had 16 showings in 3 months then it is only two things, price or condition.

Open houses rarely sell homes but are great for agents to find unrepresented buyers.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:59 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,209,727 times
Ahh this must have been the big open house thing in Plaza-Midwood. Lots of people there are stuck in houses that had gotten to be extremely overpriced and as a result, sales have completely stalled.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:03 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
1) You can have an automated notice placed with your email (by your realtor) that CC's you fom Central Services of all showings. As part of this service you will see "comments" IF the real estate agen t that showed the property di their job.

2) Don't fire anybody. The system in CLT is 6% commision split between listing agent and selling agent. For this % the listing agent has a "horse in the race" and would have NO REASON to lie to you. Think about that! He/she wants to sell your house. Why not? He gets 3% for sitting back and letting one of the hundreds of MLS agents sell your house.

In summary, the listing agent you go with must be the person that advises you about the best statergy/price to sell you house and then. . .

Old 10-03-2009, 07:31 PM

172 posts, read 465,487 times
If you want a different agent get a different agent but really your house hasn't been on the market that long in this market.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 AM

905 posts, read 3,453,969 times
Thanks for the replies. I plan to meet with the realtor and discuss my concerns.

The realtor and I both agreed the original asking price was market value. I was willing to go into the contract a little under value to garner interest. After having a couple good weeks selling houses in my neightborhood the realtor thought the house would be a quick sell and we agreed on a listing price. The price has been dropped $15,000 from the original price. The condition of the house is pretty good, there are a couple of issues but I am willing to address those in negotiations.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
If you want to see how many people actually viewed a house, ask to look at the sign in. All open houses have a sign in. Chances are that a realtor will not lie to you. That is against the law. As a matter of fact, it is against the law for the realtor to "not" disclose any problems with the house for which he is aware. Chances are that there is a clause in your contract that says that you can fire your realtor at any time without being liable for costs.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:19 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post

What to do? I "really" need to sell my house. .
Well, if its been on the market for 3 months and no legitimate offers from qualified buyers then you most likely are overpriced and/or you house is not staged properly....

Old 10-04-2009, 02:02 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,488,479 times
80 homes were open???? Wow, that many are for sale in your neighborhood?

Dawn

Old 10-04-2009, 05:50 PM

201 posts, read 670,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
If you want to see how many people actually viewed a house, ask to look at the sign in. All open houses have a sign in. Chances are that a realtor will not lie to you. That is against the law. As a matter of fact, it is against the law for the realtor to "not" disclose any problems with the house for which he is aware. Chances are that there is a clause in your contract that says that you can fire your realtor at any time without being liable for costs.
Thank you for posting that. I've always been asked to sign in at open houses. Did you realtor have a sign in sheet at your open house?

Also, is the realtor counting twenty five people as twenty five possible buyers, or a few buyers who came in with three or four of their friends or family.

Finally, if you aren't sure what any of the terms are, such as an e-mail blitz, ask! Ask them to explain in detail what these terms mean in terms of marketing your house.

If that many homes are the market in your neighborhood, then talk to realtor about how your house compares with the other ones on the market. Is there anything minor you can do to make a difference, so that if a buyer has looked at five similar houses, yours stands out because of x, y, and z?

Don't get me wrong--I'm not saying to pour in a bunch of money, but often some minor changes can help if you are up against other similar type of houses. Paint colors, re-arranging of furntiure, etc. Sorry--got a little off topic, but wanted to throw that in there as well.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte