Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,905 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I'm new to the forum! I am graduating from Charlotte in the Spring GO NINERS! I am planning to attend Winthrop University for Grad school in School Psychology. I have been searching the board for the last week trying to find a decent area in Uptown to live along with my woman and pup Bella (she was abandoned). I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on decent set ups in uptown or maybe a little closer to Winthrop (I dont mind the 30-35 Minute drive) The lady is starting her job as a special education teacher after december. We are looking for 2br but she wants 3br I understand those are hard to come by in uptown. We really like going to the frazier dog park and wouldnt mind living around there. We occasionally hit up the Attic Bar. We currently live off Mallard Creek around the university area. Our price range is no more than 1500 a month. We could stretch that a little more, but I prefer not to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also another thing if our credit is pretty prestine and at our current apartment we qualified with flying colors and even did not have to pay the security deposit what am asking is, is it more difficult to qualify for an apartment uptown. Thanks guys sorry this was long winded. I'll continue searching the rest of the housing threads for more advice. Thanks again.
-James
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 06:56 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,496,835 times
Hi James,

Are you looking to rent or buy? Sorry... couldn't tell by your post.

If you are looking to rent, perhaps one of the larger property management companies can help. They are TR Lawing and Meca. You can get their URLs from Google.

Good luck!

Old 12-16-2008, 07:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,905 times
Looking to rent. Thanks for the info. Anyone else have any input. I looked through here and saw that the Belmont and Mt. Holly area is decent. Anybody live there and have opinions. What is that one placed close to Frazier park 501 or 510 apartments? Anyone have any comments on those? I tried searching the apartment rating guide couldnt come up with anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: