Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
In this case, the majority are getting the Govco they didn't vote for, lol.

No put down to Lassiter intended. The guy has my support. He is walking into a true Hornet's Nest with the fiscal problems facing this city.
IMO Lassiter was a weak/passive candidate and ran a bad campaign. He should've played hardball and painted Foxx as a taxing and spending Obama disciple. The big O's policies are unpopular right now as the Governor races are a referendum on how people perceive his policies. Many saw no difference between the 2 candidates (foxx/Lassiter).....negative ads work and it was Lassiter's race to win or lose. Too nice of a guy .....he blew it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 04:22 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
IMO Lassiter was a weak/passive candidate and ran a bad campaign. He should've played hardball and painted Foxx as a taxing and spending Obama disciple. The big O's policies are unpopular right now as the Governor races are a referendum on how people perceive his policies. Many saw no difference between the 2 candidates (foxx/Lassiter).....negative ads work and it was Lassiter's race to win or lose. Too nice of a guy .....he blew it.
Funny - New Jersey got rid of their tax-and-spend leader and Charlotte acquired one, lol.

I wanted to see Lassiter win but I am going to be supportive of Foxx. It doesn't matter, tho . . . cause once the tax-and-spend Democrat machine takes over, there is gonna be a lot of moaning and groaning going on in this city. Nothing I can do about it so I figure - sit back and watch the show begin.

If I can't take it, I can do what hundreds of thousands of New Jersey folks did - and move. Or we can just hang on til the next election. Either way, it is gonna be a thrill a month for the next few years here in Charlotte.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:58 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Funny - New Jersey got rid of their tax-and-spend leader and Charlotte acquired one, lol.
As NJers keep fleeing South, we can't be surprised if our local GovCo keeps getting bigger, thirstier, more corrupt, and less efficient.

No ill will to transplants, just a poke at the out-of-control tax & spend system you left.
Once the machine is in place, there is just no dismantling it...

Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
As NJers keep fleeing South, we can't be surprised if our local GovCo keeps getting bigger, thirstier, more corrupt, and less efficient.

I'm a transplant and I vote conservative a good majority of the time (just because this is what I believe is better for me and the country). Most of the transplants here I know vote similarly or share similar views.

Bev Perdue/Kay Hagan are natives the last time I checked and are true blue liberals.....

Old 11-04-2009, 06:36 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Bev Perdue/Kay Hagan are natives the last time I checked and are true blue liberals.....
Post of the Week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte