Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:53 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecologito View Post
They mentioned awesome parks, my favorite Mc Dowell since I live across the street from it. You were talking also about YMCA, there are 17 in the charlotte metro area. Not including 2 Camps, one on Lake Wylie and one about 1.5 hours towards the Mts.

If you wanna go about 45 minutes out of town there is Crowders Mt. where you can hike and there are some good routes for rock climbing. 15 minutes out fo town towards Gastonia there is the US National White Water Center, they have good biking and hiking rails. Climbing walls and of course the artificial river where you can go rafting or kayaking ( I was there last wekend) it's free to go in and walk or ride your bike.

If somebody tells me that there are no options in Charlotte it's because they are looking inside their closet.

Enjoy.
Wow! Great info! I was going to give you a positive rep point, but then I read your last comment and took it personally. I never wrote that Charlotte had no options, I was merely stating that I didn't do enough research.
How rude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 12:21 PM

291 posts, read 1,113,546 times
You know, where my husband grew up he was used to getting out and finding a pickup game of basketball any day of the week. Here in South Jersey, this is not the case and although it may seem like a small thing, it's something he really misses. He's always pleased when we vacation down in Florida that it seems to be easy to find a game to join and there are people out and about enjoying the outdoors. Is this the case in the Charlotte area?

Old 05-15-2007, 12:24 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHBR702 View Post
You know, where my husband grew up he was used to getting out and finding a pickup game of basketball any day of the week. Here in South Jersey, this is not the case and although it may seem like a small thing, it's something he really misses. He's always pleased when we vacation down in Florida that it seems to be easy to find a game to join and there are people out and about enjoying the outdoors. Is this the case in the Charlotte area?
LH where in South Jersey are you?

Old 05-15-2007, 12:25 PM

Atlantic County, right outside of Atlantic City.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:28 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Atlantic County, right outside of Atlantic City.
gotcha im in jackson we have 2 weeks and counting until the kids and I leave for charlotte

Old 05-15-2007, 12:36 PM

Oh wow, you must be so excited. When you have a moment and if you don't mind sharing, please PM me about how you went about your move and what your impressions of Charlotte have been so far. I'm assuming you have visited in preparation for your move. We haven't been down there yet, but have family who have moved there from Long Island and love it. I wish you and your family the best of luck!!

Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Any input on this?

Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
The Charlottesports center may have pick up games or a rec league.

www.charlottesportscenter.com

Old 05-15-2007, 08:27 PM

25 posts, read 127,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Wow! Great info! I was going to give you a positive rep point, but then I read your last comment and took it personally. I never wrote that Charlotte had no options, I was merely stating that I didn't do enough research.
How rude!
I didn't mean to be rude, I appologize if the message came across that way. Enjoy the parks and the great outdoors,specially right now with this awesome weather.

If you join the YMCA their big sport is Basket Ball. Everytime I go there I find people playing and willing to let anybody play. It is a little harder for me to find a place to play volleyball. That is probably why I switched hobbies and now I fly R/C planes which require a lot of open space.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:31 PM

Thanks everyone for all of your responses!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte