Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2007, 12:06 PM

26 posts, read 72,976 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to the Charlotte area from California. We are hoping to find something at Lake Wylie. Any suggestions? We are semi retired, but do some work from home, would not have to commute except for meetings, etc... I was born and raised in Charlotte, but I moved to California in 1975.
We are looking for a place in the $275-300K range near or on the Lake. Trying to stay away from mega HOA fees, but will consider them!

Would appreciate any suggestions as to the best possible laid back areas!

Wally217
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 02:36 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,489,202 times
We looked on the lake and the cheapest house we could find ON the lake was $400,000 and it was in pretty rough shape.

If you find something though, snatch it up!

Do you need good schools? Kids?

Dawn

PS: We moved from SoCal 2 years ago

Old 05-15-2007, 02:47 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally217 View Post
We are looking to move to the Charlotte area from California. We are hoping to find something at Lake Wylie. Any suggestions? We are semi retired, but do some work from home, would not have to commute except for meetings, etc... I was born and raised in Charlotte, but I moved to California in 1975.
We are looking for a place in the $275-300K range near or on the Lake. Trying to stay away from mega HOA fees, but will consider them!

Wally217
hey there wally217 - we moved from CA a little over 3 years ago to Tega Cay, SC (www.tegacaysc.org) and love it! While I am not a realtor...if the area happens to appeal to you...feel free to send me a PM and I will be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Best of luck to you!

Old 05-15-2007, 03:56 PM

Thanks to everyone that posted to my original post, on moving to Lake Wylie. Over the years since moving from NC to Los Angeles, I've visited my folks who live in Charlotte, but I never took the time to visit Lake Wylie again. After considering moving back to Charlotte, Lake Wylie was my first choice.

Thanks again!

W

Old 05-16-2007, 12:04 PM

174 posts, read 732,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally217 View Post

Wally217
Wally check out our neighborhood on the southern end of Lake Wylie....www.mysunsetpoint.com

Old 05-16-2007, 03:28 PM

Thanks Lukepoke for the tip on Sunset Point. It looks very interesting! I'm in the entertainment industry here in CA and I am moving my Management and Booking Agency to NC or SC. Will be looking to develop new upcoming Artists in the Carolinas.

God bless,
W

Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 PM

316 posts, read 395,077 times
Default reflection pointe

This is a neighborhood on Lake Wylie in Belmont. Very nice and you feel like you are in a mountain retreat!
Reflection pointe, Belmont, NC -

Old 05-18-2007, 12:47 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union county hopeful View Post
This is a neighborhood on Lake Wylie in Belmont. Very nice and you feel like you are in a mountain retreat!
Reflection pointe, Belmont, NC -
While nice (Reflection Pointe)...is this not out of the OP's price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: