Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 01:05 PM

117 posts, read 386,063 times

Advertisements

Does anyone on here know anything about this community or possibly live there? Just wondering how it is over there....Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 01:10 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,555,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighBound View Post
Does anyone on here know anything about this community or possibly live there? Just wondering how it is over there....Thanks!
It is right at I-485 & Exit #14 (Mt Holly Rd).

It is not far from Mount Holly & Mountain Island Lake area.

They have alot of plans for that area. They are gonna build a shopping center, a hotel, 2 car lots, Home Depot...etc...so give it a few years and the now deserted area will be built up.

Other than that...don't know alot about the immediate area as far as crime or anything. Can't be any worse than other areas of Charlotte.

You and other 1/2 could both be at work within 30 minutes. Not a bad commute for Charlotte standards.

I think the shopping area is gonna be called "Rhyne Station"...you might can google it.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:11 PM

239 posts, read 878,026 times
I seem to remember someone starting a thread not too long ago about Cedar Mill... I live abt 30 sec from there, and I remember posting something!

Try a search...

Old 04-28-2008, 01:13 PM

...oh and @ 704- I didnt know all of those plans were in the works... thanks!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannaCT View Post
I seem to remember someone starting a thread not too long ago about Cedar Mill... I live abt 30 sec from there, and I remember posting something!

Try a search...
Since you live so close do you have any 1st hand experience with the school, Paw Creek Elementary?

I saw the thread but there wasn't much info on it.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Since you live so close do you have any 1st hand experience with the school, Paw Creek Elementary?

They are building a brand new Elementary school very near there called Belmeade Rd Elementary...so not sure if kids would go to Paw Creek next year anyway.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
They are building a brand new Elementary school very near there called Belmeade Rd Elementary...so not sure if kids would go to Paw Creek next year anyway.
Thanks! You are so knowledgeable (I hope I spelled that right ) I'll go to the CMS School website and check that out right now!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks! You are so knowledgeable (I hope I spelled that right ) I'll go to the CMS School website and check that out right now!
Not 100% sure and not sure where the boundries are for the new school....but it is not far from Cedar Mill at all. A couple of miles.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:

My children go there... It's a decent school. It doesn't have the best ratings on greatschools.net as compared to Mountain Island Elementary (the next closest elem school) since more of the children belong to a lower economic group (among other factors also described on the website, teachers, experience, etc, etc...) than those @ Mountain Island.

My daughter surpasses her classmates, while my son is a class clown and doesn't get fantastic grades, but I don't blame the school nor teachers for that one!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 15,045 times
Default Cedar Mill

My wife and I looked there....Entrance is nice, but we did not buy. MOst of the adajecent community attached to Cedar Mill is run down with lots of foreclosures. Pool is nice, but too small for that many homes that are close together...

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: