Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:39 PM

117 posts, read 295,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiehigh View Post
Almost all the people I know live in Uptown. I would look there, Dilworth, Southend, Elizabeth and Plaza Midwood.

Here are a few you could look into. Ashton-Southend, Circle-Southend, Camden Southend, Camden Dilworth, new one off of Hawthorne in Plaza Midwood, Post Properties in Uptown, Cotton Mills (Post) Uptown, and always craigslist. I would stay in 4th Ward in Uptown if you choose that area.

good list, add alpha mill to it. I live there now and love it in the summer months. good pool area and crowded with the young professionals... myself included. 10 min walk to nearest bar 15 walk to epicenter. the north line light rail will run right by us when its built for ease of travel all the way to south charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 04:58 PM

108 posts, read 119,514 times
Take a good look at Balllantyne. It is O.K. but I personally would not want to live there. It is the model for a "plastic" surrounding. When we moved to the area that was my wifes first observation of the place. Of course, this is my opinion and many people agree and probably disagree but something to look out for. Southend, Fourth Ward, Dilworth, Uptown, the lake areas are all great places and have anything you need. One out of ever seven homes in Charlotte are occupied by people from other countries all over the world. There is a great selection of ethnic and local foods all over town. Excellent cuisine is abundant. Someone said it wasn't available. I would question what specifically is lacking. Anyway, there are many options. Remember, just over three hours to the beach and two hours to the mountains. Believe it or not, certain ski slopes got ten feet of natural snow this year in case you ski.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:43 PM

445 posts, read 1,166,622 times
With where your traveling, you may want to look at Huntersville or Mooresville. Birkdale has some nice condos/apartments and I think there is a good young adult crowd up that way. You are close to the lake, too.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:10 PM

6 posts, read 13,213 times
I plan on moving uptown in a few weeks...I'm 24 and am looking to meet some new people my age. I've looked at about 6 places around the uptown/south end area and have it narrowed down to Camden South End and Post Gateway. If anyone who lives at either one of these could give me their opinions I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:28 AM

2 posts, read 2,090 times
Don't know if you found this thread, A bit pricey but is a nice little area close to "everything". http://www.city-data.com/forum/class...t=Charlotte+NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte