Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 04:53 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Longtimers and natives would most certainly disagree with you

Weddington and Waxhaw are very definitely in UNION county and are not considered part of "south Charlotte" at all.

At the most, those areas are considered to be in Charlotte's "metro" region, but not part of Charlotte itself.
Sorry I literally LOLed at the idea that South Charlotte includes areas outside of Charlotte. Near South Charlotte, South of Charlotte- yes. I guess realtors like the one chuckles34 talked about have been working their magic with misinformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 06:44 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The "boundries" of Char-Meck schools are the boundry lines for Mecklenburg County Basically, anybody who lives inside Mecklenburg County is assigned to CMS.

I485 is very close to the county boundry lines but is not a good way to determine exact lines. MOST CMS schools are "inside" I485, though there are several just outside of it (Ardrey Kell for instance) which are still within the county lines.
Well that the HS I was referring to... As far as boundaries I meant specific school assignments. So Ardrey Kell is the HS in the suburbs, but other kids in the suburbs go up into South Charlotte for school beyond the boundaries assigned to that HS.

I hope I'm making sense. lol

P.S. The Meck site is being annoying right now or I'd check myself.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:48 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
I don't understand what you are saying but here is a map of the current HS assignment boundaries. CMS High School Boundary Map

Old 05-16-2010, 12:31 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
School assignments don't determine what is and isn't a particular area of Charlotte, lol. And anything outside the city boundaries and still in MECK is part of an incorporated town, such as Pineville, or it is part of the county of MECK, but it isn't CHARLOTTE.

If an area is outside the city limits, then it is not part of the city - so it CANNOT BE South Charlotte. It can be South MECK or it can be within the city limits of another town (Pineville) but it can't be South Charlotte.

I don't give a rat's arse what real estate maps show or how folks have mistakenly annexed the designation "South Charlotte" to be applicable to Matthews . . . it ain't. Matthews is Matthews, folks. South Charlotte is the southern part of Charlotte, and refers to areas of the city (where you pay CITY TAXES) that exist within the southern boundary of the city limits.

If you are not paying city taxes, you are not IN CHARLOTTE. You may be in MECK . . . or you may be in SC or UNION CO . . . but you are not in CHARLOTTE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte