Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 01:32 PM

21 posts, read 15,849 times

Advertisements

Charlottesville judge says law protecting war memorials applies to Lee statue, but more facts needed on monument's origins | Central Virginia | richmond.com

So after all of this... attempting to destroy people, local businesses and worst of all, the reputation of a beloved city that people respected across the country, what will council's next step be?

For such an attention seeking group, I find it odd that they have been so silent on this major defeat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 02:07 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Personally, I hate Robert E. Lee, and would love to see Lee's statue taken down. All statues honoring Confederates need to be taken down, period. Confederates are not honorable people, period.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Personally, I hate Robert E. Lee, and would love to see Lee's statue taken down. All statues honoring Confederates need to be taken down, period. Confederates are not honorable people, period.
A shame the legal system doesn't agree with you. BTW, are you following me? I don't want any trouble, if I just hand my wallet over peacefully, will you agree not to play the knockout game?

Old 10-05-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegumbellamy View Post
A shame the legal system doesn't agree with you. BTW, are you following me? I don't want any trouble, if I just hand my wallet over peacefully, will you agree not to play the knockout game?
Well, the way I see it, Lee is a traitor. He was sworn to protect the USA. He committed treason when he sided with an enemy combatant (the Confederate Army). Furthermore, it is a fact that the desire to keep the institution of slavery was the major goal of the Confederacy. This is written in the Articles of Secession. This is found in the Confederate Constitution. Alexander Stephens brought it up in his Cornerstone Speech. William Tappan Thompson, founder of the Savannah Morning News, mentions this as well, and he helped design the Confederate Flag.

This reason honoring Robert E. Lee, or any other Confederate for that matter, no matter how legal it is, is a stupid idea. He should be looked at as a traitor. In most societies, traitors aren't protected.

And the fact that you bring up the knockout game tells me you are trying to get very racial about this.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Well, the way I see it, Lee is a traitor. He was sworn to protect the USA. He committed treason when he sided with an enemy combatant (the Confederate Army). Furthermore, it is a fact that the desire to keep the institution of slavery was the major goal of the Confederacy. This is written in the Articles of Secession. This is found in the Confederate Constitution. Alexander Stephens brought it up in his Cornerstone Speech. William Tappan Thompson, founder of the Savannah Morning News, mentions this as well, and he helped design the Confederate Flag.

This reason honoring Robert E. Lee, or any other Confederate for that matter, no matter how legal it is, is a stupid idea. He should be looked at as a traitor. In most societies, traitors aren't protected.

And the fact that you bring up the knockout game tells me you are trying to get very racial about this.
You're right. We should have listened to Lincoln right off the bat.. and shipped every African back to their wonderful homeland. Can you imagine Murders going down 53% over night? In fact, the city of Charlottesville would have had exactly 3 murders in the last 12 years, as opposed to over 30. That is, if you're counting heather heyer's heart attack as murder... If only Lincoln hadn't been assassinated... imagine the utopia we'd have.

Quote:

You must be the racist if you associate the knockout game with black folk. That's just a game good kids who weren't doing nuthin like to do.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You're right. We should have listened to Lincoln right off the bat.. and shipped every African back to their wonderful homeland. Can you imagine Murders going down 53% over night? In fact, the city of Charlottesville would have had exactly 3 murders in the last 12 years, as opposed to over 30. That is, if you're counting heather heyer's heart attack as murder... If only Lincoln hadn't been assassinated... imagine the utopia we'd have.

You must be the racist if you associate the knockout game with black folk. That's just a game good kids who weren't doing nuthin like to do.
So now it comes out. You want every Black person in this country sent back to Africa. I figured as much. I've seen your obsession with Blacks in the past. Hence, I figured the reason you brought up the knockout game was for that reason. And I am not the one who brought up race in my last post. I merely said Lee was a traitor, and that the Confederate cause was basically a dishonorable cause. You decided to make this about Black people.

The least you could do is stop looking for justifications for your own beliefs and just come up and admit it.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
So now it comes out. You want every Black person in this country sent back to Africa. I figured as much. I've seen your obsession with Blacks in the past. Hence, I figured the reason you brought up the knockout game was for that reason. And I am not the one who brought up race in my last post. I merely said Lee was a traitor, and that the Confederate cause was basically a dishonorable cause. You decided to make this about Black people.

The least you could do is stop looking for justifications for your own beliefs and just come up and admit it.
I didn't say all blacks should go back.... Lincoln did. My own beliefs are validated by data ( https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-21 ). My own beliefs are formed by local data, that shows 92% of murders in this once-great city are committed by a certain persuasion. A persuasion that has a victim complex and wants to bite the hand that feeds. In fact, just today we had one indicted on a murder charge and they're searching for another on a rape charge.

Since you followed me to my local city-data forum, why not do a bit of research about what certain.... persuasions bring to the table here. I'll give you a hint, my username is a clue.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I didn't say all blacks should go back.... Lincoln did. My own beliefs are validated by data ( https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-21 ). My own beliefs are formed by local data, that shows 92% of murders in this once-great city are committed by a certain persuasion. A persuasion that has a victim complex and wants to bite the hand that feeds. In fact, just today we had one indicted on a murder charge and they're searching for another on a rape charge.

Since you followed me to my local city-data forum, why not do a bit of research about what certain.... persuasions bring to the table here. I'll give you a hint, my username is a clue.
You said we should have listened to Lincoln about sending Blacks back to Africa. What else was I suppose to get from that other than you wanting that to happen?

As for the crime statistics, statistics don't bother people. It's people using those statistics as an excuse to judge single person of that ethnicity unfairly that is a problem. It is those individuals who would do anything to pose a threat to me that are a problem. And they can be anyone of any race. I don't care.

And what is it exactly that you believe? Just come right out and say it. I already know what your username means. Part of it is a racial slur. I brought this up on another thread. And by the way, I didn't "follow you" here. I found you hear because this thread was about the Lee statue. I care about issues like that.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:30 PM

Numbers and data mean nothing huh? I guess we should just stop keeping track of them because of how racist they are. You spend your free time, which I assume there is ample of, searching city-data for references of Lee? Tell me on the doll where he touched you.

Back to stats... when you have decades of data painting and incredibly disproportionate picture of one group of people, regardless of socioeconomic status, how can you not draw conclusions? Like I said, I'll mail you my wallet if it prevents me getting attacked at random...

Causal observations are what keep animals alive. That cycle was unbroken for millions of years until LBJ's welfare state.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Numbers and data mean nothing huh? I guess we should just stop keeping track of them because of how racist they are. You spend your free time, which I assume there is ample of, searching city-data for references of Lee? Tell me on the doll where he touched you.

Back to stats... when you have decades of data painting and incredibly disproportionate picture of one group of people, regardless of socioeconomic status, how can you not draw conclusions? Like I said, I'll mail you my wallet if it prevents me getting attacked at random...

Causal observations are what keep animals alive. That cycle was unbroken for millions of years until LBJ's welfare state.
I know plenty about those stats, and I notice that vast majority of crime from that group you speak of come from the lower income/socioeconomic part of that population. I don't go using statistics for the purpose of judging an entire population. I judge the individual. There is no evidence of such taking place within the middle and upper classes in large numbers. And you have not shown me such. All you have shown me is your obsession with Black people and that you wish Lincoln had sent Blacks back to Africa.

Again, quit being childish and just own up to what you believe and what you want to see take place. Just be honest about it. The fact that your user name has a racial slur in it, that raises eyebrows already. Why not just be honest.

And no, I don't want your wallet. The fact that you assume that I would want your wallet further illustrates how childish and dishonest your thinking is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville