Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 11:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,206 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone had any idea if the Windsor Court area of Brainerd is a safe nice neighborhood?
I've actually lived in the Chattanooga area my whole life but never right around Brainerd.

My husband and I currently live in North Georgia in Fort Oglethorpe in a rental but we have a booming photography business and are seriously looking at moving on into Tennessee. We have been looking specifically at houses off the terrace (north and south) because it's convenient to downtown, hamilton place and north georgia.

We really want something with alot of character so that we can have a nice little space to showcase our work to clients. We were hoping for East Ridge but the one we wanted got away and the good houses in East Ridge in our price range (under $155,000) go really quick.

We noticed there are alot of houses for sale on the brainerd side around the bellflower, chula vista and windsor court areas in our range that look really great but we are very concerned about how close they are to Brainerd road.
I read someone say Windsor court was hidden and a great find?? Anyone close to these areas who could give me some honest feed back about them?
As a little info.... we don't have any children living with us. My stepson visits every 2weeks and is 16yrs. old. We've been trying with no luck for one of our own FOREVER and if we ever finally get one we'll homeschool or send to a private christian school..at least that's the plan.

I know this is long so thank you all so much for looking and for any responses you can give me.
And if anyone else has any other suggestions for houses in that range in a good location then hit me with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 07:51 AM

600 posts, read 2,260,807 times
That area is not Brainerd and is iffy. It's a low to moderate income area, so you may have some issues with crime and undesired elements, like broken vehicles and unkept properties. Since you are so close by, you should really drive over to the area and look and see if you like it. One persons paradise is another persons junkyard, it all depends on what is acceptable to you and your wife. I certainly think there are better areas of town in that price range.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:53 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,275 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/chatt...indsor-ct.html

Here's a pretty good thread about JUST that little spot.

We posted quite a bit so I won't go on and on but it's just SO pretty lol I have a couple of friends who live right around there and the main complaint is that sometimes you can hear the BOOM BOOM of car radios. Being one block off of Brainerd Rd, I bought a box fan Anyway... I will PM you about a home in your area that you may have missed as the MLS price is misleading. It may also be what you would like, character, charm, etc...

Old 09-29-2008, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,206 times
Thanks so much for your replies. And jkmewright thanks for the pm...I may look into that.

We were a little iffy about the area...some seem to love it and others say steer clear. I did finally get a chance to run by and see the house that we were interested in today and it does have alot of charm BUT has absolutely no backyard so that's definately a deal breaker as we have a dog.

So, the search continues....maybe a nice little charmer will come available somewhere around East Ridge soon.

Again thanks alot

Old 09-29-2008, 02:36 PM

600 posts, read 2,260,807 times
I think Eastridge is a MUCH better choice for you. Don't get too close to the main roads and you'll be fine. There's a gorgeous house on state line road across the street from the cemetary with a huge lot. Lots of charm too.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:56 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,667 times
we've talked about this before.....haven't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga