Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times

Advertisements

I love Soddy-Daisy accents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 11:00 AM

246 posts, read 754,776 times
and you can wear your sleeper pants to Burger King...........

Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
Walmart? You're kidding right?
Oh yeah, America's largest private employer is "nothing," my fault. Does it have all the things that Chattanooga has, no, but it has the essentials or most of them, so to say there's nothing up there is faulty.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 PM

600 posts, read 2,260,155 times
That's your opinion. I don't believe having a Walmart and a few gas stations qualifies Soddy Daisy as a nice place to live for me personally. You may love it. However, Walmart, regarless of how many people they employ is not a destination.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:44 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times
Forget Walmart - Stockdales is where it's at. Love their tagline - rural outfitters

Old 10-08-2009, 04:41 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
That's your opinion. I don't believe having a Walmart and a few gas stations qualifies Soddy Daisy as a nice place to live for me personally. You may love it. However, Walmart, regarless of how many people they employ is not a destination.
Whether it's a nice place to live is beside the point.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
HAHA and the old debate was wether someone was from Soddy or Daisy LOLOL

Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 PM

7 posts, read 18,195 times
If uci4music is unable to see their life of psuedo-sophistication is developed from simple, but solid roots, he/she will never have elemental understanding, and never be able to appreciate a place like s-d, tennessee. Keep your I-phone and streaming video- I'll take the ever-changing dance in the flames of a campfire, and the unending music of a flowing stream of water. I am from sd, and know the guy who designed the drive train for the lunar rover(he's also from sd.). What have you done lately? I have worked to fabricate braces for the handicapped for the last 20 yrs. What have you done?

Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 PM

Sorry to be so slow to reply to your welcome. Guess I'm a rare bird... a sd native who has a computer AND can type. I can also read, write and do number addin' and stuff. I can tell by your posts you appreciate the beauty that can be found in simplicity, though that doesn't mean you are "simple". I guess "natural" is the word. I used to say that sd was the center of the universe. Of all the places I've been, it is the most comfortable.I've backpack-camped from one end of Soddy Creek to it's origin, and that's something to make you one with nature. I think these sd bashers I've seen on this site lack any real feel for the natural world. Take away the batteries for their Iphones and GPS, and they will be lost in the urban wilderness they worship. (And no, I'm not not very religious.)

Old 12-16-2009, 08:51 PM

I don't know who you are, other than you seem to be a defender of my home town, SD. (Really, I'm from there. I'll prove it...Penny's Place...I went to high school with Terry Penny.) Back in the day, women were not allowed. My dad was instrumental in the creation of the community center on 27 at the "lake". Thanks for countering "music"'s snotty posts. This kid clearly has no understanding of the natural world. Nothing lasts forever but the Earth and Sky...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga