Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:18 AM

65 posts, read 189,609 times

Advertisements

So, we made it to Chattanooga...FINALLY! We got here on Sunday. We are in an apartment right now through my husband's temp housing allowance. We close on our new house in Ooltewah on the 15th. Then we can get settled! It's been a long time coming.

Since we are here now I will be coming here for lots and lots of questions about the area. Thanks in advance for any help!

I have a son who is nutty about baseball. He will be 5 in April. He played his first year of Tball last summer and loved it. He is already asking when he gets to play baseball again. Does anyone have an information on little leagues in the area. I haven't been able to find much online and since we just got here I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone yet.

The only organization I have found is East Brainerd Youth Athletic Association. Are there others? Any advice or suggestions...again we will be in the Ooltewah/Collegedale area.

Thanks again.

Have a great week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 11:35 AM

21 posts, read 76,767 times
Go To

Little League Southeastern Region

It's the SouthEast Regional Office of Little League. Use the email on the first page to ask them to identify a Little League in your area.

Tell your son to just have fun !

Old 01-05-2010, 02:18 PM

91 posts, read 282,426 times
I'm a board member at Snowhill Recreation League and we would love to have the little guy play with us. Snowhill?

Having said that we do play with Ooltewah Rec League as well. Depending on where you live exactly in Ooltewah you could be closest to one or the other. I would not recommend playing at East Brainerd. Just my opinion. Most all parks around here are associated with Dizzy Dean. Only Red Bank and I think maybe Lookout Mountain are associated with Dixie Youth. If you have any particular questions feel free to yell.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:42 PM

264 posts, read 819,819 times
we played at ooltewah youth association last spring at 5 years old and were happy with it. they do games/practices either at the ballpark on little debbie parkway (past walmart) or at the ooltewah elementary school.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:35 PM

Thank you for the information. That's exactly what I was looking for. I am still very unfamiliar with the area so I don't know which association would be closest to us. I am assuming Ooltewah but I will have to investigate. Lookin4mayberry - where do you play/practice?

My son will be thrilled! He can't wait. How do I find out information about sign ups, etc? Should I just watch the websites?

Thanks again! Funny that this was one of my first priorities once we got here!

Old 01-05-2010, 05:36 PM

We...Snowhill, practice at our fields. They are located on Career lane which is right off of Mahan Gap Road. Mahan Gap Road connects Highway 58 and Ooltewah-Georgetown Road. Career lane is just a short little road off of Mahan Gap Road. We have 4 fields of different sizes with one being exclusively for the 5 and 6 year olds. We have our signups starting with our general meeting for any questions and for informational purposes...this is held at Snowhill Elementary School on the last Thursday in January. And regular signups are every Saturday thereafter through February from 10-2 in our fieldhouse at the fields. I believe Ooltewah has their signups at Wal-Mart on Little Debbie Parkway. We offer ball from ages 3-14. Like I said..depending on exactly where you live will help you decide where you want to play. Our League President lives in Apison which is actually closer to Ooltewah but he chose Snowhill. Ooltewah is a good place as well, but everybody has their preference. Welcome to town.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:37 PM

Oh...depending on which school your Son will be attending we usually send flyers to the local schools for the kids to take home with information on them about signups.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:35 PM

Thanks again! Once we get settled in our house in a few weeks I will figure out what we will do! I appreciate all your information. It's been very helpful.

Oh...my son will be five in April so he won't start Kindegarten until the fall. He will go to Apison.

Have a nice evening!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:24 PM

8 posts, read 25,901 times
Default Ooltewah t-ball is great

Looks like you have found the info you were looking for....but I wanted to just add my 2 cents...I have 2 boys (7 & 4) who have played for both East Brainerd and for Ooltewah Youth Association. Ooltewah was far and above the best for spring ball. East Brainerd was more competetive, and not in a good way. Fall ball was a bit of a disappointment in Ooltewah. But we have friends who loved fall ball at East Brainerd. Hope that helps. I don't want to take anything away from Snowhill....it may be wonderful too. I'm just not familiar with it so I can't comment.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 PM

21 posts, read 76,767 times
Your son is 5, well its never too early to thinking about signing that contract with the World Champs, NY Yankees ! hahahahaha

Just let him have fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga