Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 PM

815 posts, read 2,997,523 times

Advertisements

Why not a Ford Focus? Its probably the best small car made today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,169,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I imagine the availability of used 2011 Cruze's, Elantra's and Civic's is pretty similar. The Cruze may even be more available in that model year, since it sold so many units. Of course, you can ultimately find more Civic's because you can just settle for a 2010, 2009, etc. If you need the car now, the Civic is going to give you the greatest flexibility for price and availability.
Yea, an older, like 09/10 civic. Same model. With elantra, I wouldn't touch any Hyundai pre 2011. The Cruze is new.

The focus? Outta the price range I'm willing to pay, and if I were to get a ford, it'd be the fusion.

Last edited by Megadell; 02-01-2012 at 11:33 PM..

Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 AM

170 posts, read 634,715 times
The Cruzew is an ok car and seems to have a good bang for your buck. The Focus is a great car but a tad expensive compared to its rivals. IMO Honda has kinda lost what has made them so popular and it still selling mainly on reputation. I dont have anything good or bad to say about the Elantra. I am just not sold on the Hyundai love fest that seems to be going on these days.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:02 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,647,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daellis99 View Post
The Cruzew is an ok car and seems to have a good bang for your buck. The Focus is a great car but a tad expensive compared to its rivals. IMO Honda has kinda lost what has made them so popular and it still selling mainly on reputation. I dont have anything good or bad to say about the Elantra. I am just not sold on the Hyundai love fest that seems to be going on these days.
I was going to have to agree about the Civic... It just sort of seems like Honda is just taking a break while everyone is running around to improve. Not a bad car, but I don't feel its worth the price compared to competition anymore.

How is the pricrange of the Corrolla.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 AM

510 posts, read 2,205,672 times
Read an article the other day that since the new civic got such bad reviews this year they will be releasing a new 2013 model - Out of the cruise and the Elantra I would go with the Elantra - Hyundai has come a long way and I really like the styling over the cruise plus the warranty is superior

Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,169,882 times
I don't understand why it got such bad reviews. It's essentially he same car as 2011 and the same company's gave that great reviews. So it didn't change a whole lot. Still a good car.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:07 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I have had 2 GM products and they both were God awful. Ford is the only domestic vehicle I would even consider.
These kind of contributions almost never help anyone. You don't even say which GM cars there were.

So that 1978 Impala and that 1984 Citation were bad cars?

Thanks for that!!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:43 AM

1,347 posts, read 3,913,807 times
Honestly, I haven't researched the Cruze that much. But I have seen a bunch of them on the highway and I think they are the best looking compact on the road now. IMO.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:58 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,675,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsvtec View Post
Read an article the other day that since the new civic got such bad reviews this year they will be releasing a new 2013 model - Out of the cruise and the Elantra I would go with the Elantra - Hyundai has come a long way and I really like the styling over the cruise plus the warranty is superior
On a new car yes, on a used purchase as the OP stated they wanted, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
I don't understand why it got such bad reviews. It's essentially he same car as 2011 and the same company's gave that great reviews. So it didn't change a whole lot. Still a good car.
The 2012 is not the same car as the 2011. The 2012 is an all new model. It generally gets beat on in reviews not because it is in itself a bad car, it's just viewed as not advancing the brand or by some as a step back versus the previous model. The 2012 Civic moved more mainstream and gave up a lot of the driving dynamics and "sport" that made the Civic an interesting choice. Absent the more engaging driving dynamics and a stale carry-over in terms of the interior, it just isn't as good as the other options in class. Again, doesn't mean it's a bad car or that the average person will really care about what it's missing, but it certainly isn't class leading anymore.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:01 PM

91 posts, read 199,667 times
Hyundai hasn't proven that they build reliable cars. Yes, the build quality seems to have skyrocketed compared to the crap they put out ten years ago.

But the newer models are...new, and they haven't been around long enough to create enough of a trend to take seriously one way or another.

Maybe Hyundai didn't just go for great looks and flashy direct injection. Maybe they really build great cars. But they used to build undeniable, utter crap; are you willing to risk 20-30K on the off-chance that a large Korean corporation did a legitimate 180 in a short period of time?

I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC