Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 05:39 PM

112 posts, read 255,733 times

Advertisements

I will be starting a job in Lisle in the beginning of June and I would like some input from fellow city data'ers that live in that area. I have looked online at several different apartments in the area in and surrounding Lisle. Everything I have found is a rather large complex with expensive rent and relatively small spaces (which is to be expected). Specific ones I have looked at in person are Village Green at Cantera, Lincoln at the Parks, and The Retreats at Danada Farms. Village Green was probably the best of those but still a little underwhelming. If at all possible I would like to avoid staying in these large complexes. There are also several others just like the ones mentioned that I have checked out online.

Can anyone give me some input on alternatives to the complexes in the area or some info (good or bad) on some of the complexes? I will be able to afford probably no more than $1100/month.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 01:08 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,947,006 times
There really aren't too many stand alone apartment building in these areas like you have in Chicago. What you might want to do is to rent in a condo complex. Many of the condo owners are now renting because they can't sell. Usually these are in more stable communities and might be nicer.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:02 PM

thanks ToriaT. I'm gonna get in contact with a realtor or someone like that and have him/her show me some places that may not be obvious. I also need to go back out there and pick up a local paper. Hopefully they will have some other options besides the complexes. I guess I'll find out soon.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:39 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
The complexes you listed are some of the more higher end apartments in the area. The only small complex that i can think of for where you are looking is sunny apartments in warrenville. It doesn't look very fancy but for a small, affordable place it might be worth a look. There is also another, i forget the name off hand but it's in lisle on maple ave. right by 355. It's a two story complex also on the smaller side.

Last edited by TempesT68; 04-12-2011 at 06:48 AM..

Old 04-12-2011, 07:03 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,413,242 times
There are some small / medium sized apartment developments in Downers Grove too. Near each of the three train stops there are buildings with as few as three units and maybe 24. Also look at the folks renting individual condo. Local newspaper is best bet for the small landlords. They don't like getting scammed / wasting time with some one from half around the world that wants to put "hold" on half a dozen places as the rental season heats up. People like to move when schools are out even if they don't have kids -- makes getting assistance from friends with college or high school age 'movers' much easier.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:17 PM

thanks for the input everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs