Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 12:39 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,267,221 times

Advertisements

Hello, so here's an "interesting" experience in a suburban Starbucks from Sunday... I go in and order a Venti Mocha. I'm a relatively frequent guest to this particular suburb and this particular establishment. The barista does not ask for my name, and I did not give her my name, and yet I saw her writing SOME thing on the cup. When the drink was done, she set it on the counter in front of me. It appears to say CARLOS... My name is JAY -Master Jay in Milwaukee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 01:13 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,257,578 times
Maybe you resemble another customer with that name(?)

Old 11-08-2018, 01:36 PM

damba, then he better be damn handsome! ... It's funny: I let the woman behind me use my card to get a discount on her drink, and the next person to walk up was an elderly man with a pretty severe physical handicap and I bought him a cup of coffee... and I thought: I wonder if she thought, "that Carlos is a nice guy!" Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 11-09-2018, 11:48 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,257,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
damba, then he better be damn handsome! ... It's funny: I let the woman behind me use my card to get a discount on her drink, and the next person to walk up was an elderly man with a pretty severe physical handicap and I bought him a cup of coffee... and I thought: I wonder if she thought, "that Carlos is a nice guy!" Master Jay in Milwaukee

Come on, Carlos(!) You traveled all the way to Chicago just to frequent a Starbucks(?)

Old 11-09-2018, 12:03 PM

529 posts, read 648,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Hello, so here's an "interesting" experience in a suburban Starbucks from Sunday... I go in and order a Venti Mocha. I'm a relatively frequent guest to this particular suburb and this particular establishment. The barista does not ask for my name, and I did not give her my name, and yet I saw her writing SOME thing on the cup. When the drink was done, she set it on the counter in front of me. It appears to say CARLOS... My name is JAY -Master Jay in Milwaukee
Cool story

Old 11-11-2018, 05:58 AM

damba, it was a horribly rainy Sunday day in Milwaukee AND Chicago, but I had off of work, so I wanted to take a drive on down. I spent the morning in Lincoln Square at The Book Cellar, and lunching in Artango's Steakhouse...I just wanted to hang out at the Starbucks in Skokie for a while on my way home. Damba, you KNOW how much I love Chicago! Have a great day- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 11-11-2018, 06:01 AM

deeman7, the IRONY of it all is that Starbucks had to close down for the day, just to put their staff through racial sensitivity training. Imagine if the exact location leaked out, the story could have gotten someone in hot water. But the barista was kind and courteous with me the entire time I was there. I just chalked it up to the fact that sometimes people DO make mistakes. For me, it's disappointing how often people seem to take these kinds of things overboard/overdramatized with the intent of causing further issues for folks, when SOMEtimes, it's JUST a human error. Have a great day- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs