Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:54 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,071,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
Getting rid of Hispanics and Blacks isn't the way to lower crime. Getting rid of poor people is.
Getting rid of poor people? But who will bag your groceries and keep your stores clean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 07:57 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,873,399 times
Getting rid of certain cultures prevalent among urban poor will also go a long way to reduce crime. It is about race and culture, not just race. Ghetto knows no color.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:31 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,071,606 times
Legalize the drugs that are currently illegal and you'll see drug gangs disappear overnight. If all drugs were legal and sold in a legal regulated market, the violence in places like Englewood and Harvey might decrease so much so quickly, jaws would drop in amazement. I haven't seen any groups of gangs selling alcohol on the street shooting each other. That hasn't gone on since Prohibition. I haven't even seen people getting shot over a highly addictive drug called nicotine.

And in all honesty, I can't help but find it a little peculiar. With rising cigarette prices, you'd think there would be at least ONE guy who walks into a convenience store with a gun and demands "Give me all your tobacco!"

Old 11-29-2010, 01:06 PM

Default Drugs not to blame

I blame bad parents and a bad ghetto culture. Drugs are only the latest excuse.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:21 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,632,411 times
^ Latest? Did we recently start using drugs as a human race?

Old 11-29-2010, 01:26 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
^ Latest? Did we recently start using drugs as a human race?

Humans have been using drugs for thousands of years. Some of the most famous people in the world use drugs. Even Hitler was a meth-head and sent his troops into battle high on meth to keep them going.

The extremely ignorant amongst us think that drugs are just a problem for poor people.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
I blame bad parents and a bad ghetto culture. Drugs are only the latest excuse.
I wonder how many white people profit tremendously from the sale of illegal drugs? I also find myself wondering how many get paid to turn a blind eye to the massive drug importing business?

Old 11-29-2010, 01:48 PM

Default I wonder about drugs too

I wonder how much of our GNP is generated thru the sale of illegal drugs. This would include bribes and drug sales as well as what the proceeds from illicit activities are plowed into such as investments.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:50 PM

Location: Shaw, St. Louis/West Ridge, Chicago/WuDaoKou, Beijing
292 posts, read 872,083 times
I watched an interesting video in this Comparative Politics class I took...in Switzerland they had a huge problem with heroine addicts...they had their own needle park in Zurich so much money was spent on incarcerating them, keeping them in jail, arresting them, police attention etc...
They opened these Heroine Clinics where junkies can get a monitored dose of heroine up to a certain amount of times a day and the participants are studied and of course its free...their heroine problem disappeared.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
I wonder how much of our GNP is generated thru the sale of illegal drugs. This would include bribes and drug sales as well as what the proceeds from illicit activities are plowed into such as investments.

That figure must be in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago