Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,338,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner0325 View Post
maybe give them a good suggestion for lunch
The OP said nothing about having lunch at a restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 08:38 AM

438 posts, read 1,699,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
The OP said nothing about having lunch at a restaurant.

Really?? Did you read the OP's original question? I will help you...

"We would like to see some good furniture stores. We like nice restaurants - seafood. Options, suggestions?
Thanks"

Old 02-04-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Really?? Did you read the OP's original question? I will help you...

"We would like to see some good furniture stores. We like nice restaurants - seafood. Options, suggestions?
Thanks"

Nowhere did they say specifically they would be eating seafood for lunch. You are making an assumption.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Nowhere did they say specifically they would be eating seafood for lunch. You are making an assumption.

OMG you are rediculous...you don't see SEAFOOD in the below sentence the the OP wrote? I will bold it for you....Now you are just wasting everyone's time.

Thanks"

Old 02-04-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
OMG you are rediculous...you don't see SEAFOOD in the below sentence the the OP wrote? I will bold it for you....Now you are just wasting everyone's time.

Thanks"
No, you are wasting my time. Again, the OP did not state in any post that they wanted to eat seafood for LUNCH. Maybe they want hot dogs for lunch and seafood for dinner. You are making an assumption that they want seafood for lunch.

You decided to nitpick my statement that the Signature Room was not cheap and have not stopped since.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot you are complaining.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
No, you are wasting my time. Again, the OP did not state in any post that they wanted to eat seafood for LUNCH. Maybe they want hot dogs for lunch and seafood for dinner. You are making an assumption that they want seafood for lunch.

You decided to nitpick my statement that the Signature Room was not cheap and have not stopped since.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot you are complaining.
Ok, you still haven't given them a seafood place like they ASKED for whether it be for Lunch, Dinner or whatever, you have just shot down everyone else's ideas....way to go! I'm done, you can reply and make yourself look stupid all you want. Have a good one!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
you have just shot down everyone else's ideas....way to go! I'm done, you can reply and make yourself look stupid all you want. Have a good one!
If you would have laid off for a bit I would have made a recommendation.

Mine is Shaw's:

Shaw's Crab House: Chicago Seafood Restaurant serving Fresh Fish, Steak, Sushi, Crab and Lobster

Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Quote:
maybe give them a good suggestion for lunch instead of worrying about their kid being loud in Signature Room...OBVIOUSLY you don't want them to have lunch and see a great view of the city. Anyways to the OP, if you are shopping on Michigan Ave. you could always go to Joe's for lunch? It's pricey but right by Michigan Ave. on Grand.

Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab Restaurant in Chicago
Joe's is a great suggestion. I love that place.

If you're not limited to seafood, another good place to go is Grand Luxe Cafe. I know it's part of a chain, but the parts of the dining room looking over Michigan Ave offer a wonderful view (Esp if you're lucky enough to get a window seat) It can be pricey (but reasonable) and the food is good.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:58 PM

289 posts, read 897,354 times
My bad, everybody. I meant to suggest the Signature Lounge or whatever the bar is called upstairs from the restaurant. My kids are five and six and we went up there last year. They are well-mannered enough to do the Signature Room, but I meant to suggest the Lounge for the view and then Hugo's for dinner. Hugo's and Gibson's are actually pretty good if your kids can't stay quiet because both of those places are loud.

Also, walk to Gold Coat Bentley and show your child some cool cars on the way to Hugo's

The MCA http://www.mcachicago.org/exhibitions/index.php is a cool museum to check out and it can be done in less than an hour.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:59 PM

371 posts, read 597,478 times
Go watch a Bulls, Bears, Cubs, or Blackhawks game. Or, since my dad was born and lived in Chicago for a little bit, visit his old house and friends from his childhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: