Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:18 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times

Advertisements

For four days, I would get quotes from the limo services, compare them with the parking rates. Often they are very competitive and of course there is no risk of theft or damage in the parking lots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 05:15 PM

185 posts, read 594,628 times
If you are concerned about leaving your car, have you considered a one-way car rental?
Pick up a rental car the night before, use it to get to your game, drive it to the airport and leave it there.

Just for fun, I priced a one-way car rental with Avis from St. Charles IL to O'Hare on June 26. The price on avis.com was $51 before tax and $55 with tax. You'll have to pay for gas, too. This is without any discount codes. Almost everyone qualifies for some sort of discount. Other car rental companies could be cheaper, I didn't shop around.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,677,707 times
Having done business in Franklin park and driving by these places:
$6.50/day Pride O'Hare Airport Parking Chicago

More: The Parking Spot Chicago - We Have Airport Parking Covered At ORD-Chicago O'Hare International Airport

And there's others on this strip of Mannheim.
It doesn't look sketchy like you have to worry about theft or anything, but it does look like you're slightly incovienced. You have to wait for a shuttle, car is outside, etc etc. At six bucks a day, find a better deal. I'm sure they're insured for damage and what-not, but it doesn't look like the guys go out joyriding or anything. Unlike the ohare lots, it looks like it's a small patch of land with a fenced in area and a valet usually around 24/7.
Bunch of cars in a fenced lot with carmax style lockboxes on the window.

My advice, get your flight times in/out, ask how often the shuttles run, if they're open when you're coming / going, and how much you can expect to pay.

Get to the airport 3-4 hours early, drive by, if you don't like it, pay the juice for another lot.

I'd park my car there if i had to pay parking out of pocket.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 16,440 times
Default Great lot at O'Hare and cheap.

You're not over thinking the parking situation. I know this facility charges only $5 per day for the outside lot and a little more for an indoor lot. I was visiting Chicago and didn't want to give up my rental car for an unexpected overnight business trip. My car was in great condition and the staff was great. I hope this helps! [url=http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpblueskyord.htm]Airport Parking Discount Coupon for Chicago O'Hare International Airport Blue Sky ORD[/url]

Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
I've used this facility several times and been satisfied. Usually for periods between 7-14 days.
I believe it has an attendant 24/7. Hell, if you call ahead they'll even wash your car for you before you pick it up. Their rate for 4 days is $9 a day.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:17 PM

Keep in mind most of these rates don't have the city tax which will juice you anywhere you go. Best to call ahead and get the scoop.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,637 times
I am traveling from Central WI, and need to park my car at O'hare International Airport for around 20 days. I am looking at parking at the airport (or near by) because 2 one-way rentals will cost me around approx 350/- in all. can anyone help me with these queries please?
1. Is it safe if I get a covered parking lot near O'hare?
2. I assume that the parking lots have liability insurance to cover any damages to my car. Am I right?
3. Can anyone recommend a tried and tested place for parking?

Old 10-01-2012, 06:24 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
Default Ha! All parking operators attempt to waive themselves of any liability!

You probably have never read the back of a parking receipt -- the operators have a paragraph or two of legalese printed on there that is sorta the "plenary indulgence" of parking. The true validity of these things is questionable, especially as some operators may hire folks with VERY sketchy backgrounds...

Covered parking at O'Hare runs at least $33/day at the airport. You'd be nuts to leave your car there for nearly $700. http://flychicago.com/PassengerInfor...Hare/Rates.pdf

Frankly I would try to find a way to get a livery / limo service. Unless you are comming from someplace like Madison I doubt there isn't a way to get a round trip for MUCH less that the rental quote ou cite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
I am traveling from Central WI, and need to park my car at O'hare International Airport for around 20 days. I am looking at parking at the airport (or near by) because 2 one-way rentals will cost me around approx 350/- in all. can anyone help me with these queries please?
1. Is it safe if I get a covered parking lot near O'hare?
2. I assume that the parking lots have liability insurance to cover any damages to my car. Am I right?
3. Can anyone recommend a tried and tested place for parking?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 AM

413 posts, read 832,484 times
Not sure why all people seem to believe that leaving their car at the airport is going to get their car jacked. That is a very rare occurance and that is what you have insurance for.

There are plenty of places you could park for ten dollars a day or so. It won't be covered though. There are plenty of park, sleep and fly deals too. Probably like $99 will get you a room and 14 days parking. Call and ask for 20 days parking and I bet you get it.

Also I bet you can rent some sort of space in the city for 50-100 and take the train. Once when I left for 3 weeks I put my car at a Public Storage facility that did cars also. First month cost me $1.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:15 AM

Unless you're driving your Ferrari down from Wi, I wouldn't think twice to park at one of the lots I mentioned above. It's not covered, but I've driven by it many times and it looks like your standard no-frills, relatively safe (for Chicago) parking lot.

If it's just like a Chevy Malibu or Toyota Corolla, it won't be a problem. Just be city-smart about things and don't leave your GPS/Radar detector or anything else of value in the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago