Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 05:52 AM

377 posts, read 274,487 times

Advertisements

I left Lakeview Chicago 6 years ago and the media and people outside Chicago would exaggerate how bad it was. I know certain areas were bad, but I never knew anyone who was a victim in all my years there. Now I'm reading stories about how it is bad everywhere and even in Lakeview/Lincoln Park. Is it true that it feel much less safe now that it used to?

Old 05-12-2022, 06:21 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,423 times
Chicago is famous for one thing. CRIME. But in the past we could always claim that the crime was only in certain areas. We can no longer say that as there are no safe areas at all anymore in Chiraq

There is a reason this city and mayor beetlejuice are featured in the national media each day now and talked about on forums each and every day

But it is what the people voted for so I am glad everyone is happy about this. As people and businesses leave

Old 05-12-2022, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Chicago is famous for one thing. CRIME. But in the past we could always claim that the crime was only in certain areas. We can no longer say that as there are no safe areas at all anymore in Chiraq

There is a reason this city and mayor beetlejuice are featured in the national media each day now and talked about on forums each and every day

But it is what the people voted for so I am glad everyone is happy about this. As people and businesses leave
Do you actually live in chicago? Only comments from residents please.

Old 05-12-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie22 View Post
Do you actually live in chicago? Only comments from residents please.
yes I do. Not that it matters as what I stated are facts. I assume you want the truth?

Old 05-12-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:
yes I do. Not that it matters as what I stated are facts. I assume you want the truth?
What you posted sounded more politically motivated like what an outsider would post. I'm looking more for more personal comments based off personal experiences and observations TODAY vs 6+ years ago.

And Chicago has always been talked about for crime in the media, so your comment regarding that isn't really relevant to my question. I actually see it in the national media less now because crime has gone up in all cities.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:01 AM

Chicago Tribune:

Mod cut: copyrighted material.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...dpq-story.html

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-21-2022 at 05:16 PM..

Old 05-12-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
What you posted sounded more politically motivated like what an outsider would post. I'm looking more for more personal comments based off personal experiences and observations.
Oh personal experiences. Well I happened to be at Millennium Park last December when all hell broke loose! But I guess that does not count either

Old 05-12-2022, 08:30 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,579,676 times
Crime has been pretty bad. Yesterday's nightmare at North/LaSalle was among many incidents in both vibrant and rough neighborhoods, with more to follow.

It's not entirely Lori's fault, and you should ignore idiots who call her "beetlejuice" since they're just trolling, but she has been an exceptionally ineffective leader on every level. Crime and homeless have been enormous problems under her watch. She (and David Brown) handled the 2020 riots abysmally and delayed asking help from the state, costing billions in property damage. Whenever you go on a train, in particular the red, blue or perhaps green lines, you know there will be loudmouths, people smoking, junkies shooting up or passed out, and hoodrats harassing/menacing normal passengers - with not ONE iota of security. She chastised Lincoln Park and Bucktown for hiring private security while in the same breath blamed downtown businesses for NOT doing the same.

And she's openly vindictive: after the Bentley dealership was robbed last year, she, in response to the owner blaming her for increased crime, responded by sending inspectors to the business to fine him.

Criminals aren't dumb. They know when there's poor leadership - and boy did they win the gold with Lori.

Going to be a long summer.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Oh personal experiences. Well I happened to be at Millennium Park last December when all hell broke loose! But I guess that does not count either
What happened? The usual suspects gathering in large crowds?

Old 05-12-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
What happened? The usual suspects gathering in large crowds?
Sadly one night while at the Park a very large crowd started coming in screaming and causing chaos. It was getting bad so I worked my way out of the park as fast as I could which was not easy as things escalated fast.

They started jumping on cars and attacking people. It was not until I got home that I turned on the news and saw how bad it got. With the beating of a cta bus driver and some people badly hurt including someone quite young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago