Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2023, 06:12 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times

Advertisements

So happy I no longer pay to support this.

Chicago is giving $9,000 to migrants to cover their rent and help furnish their apartments as staggering report reveals a single medical firm raked in $7.2MILLION sheltering the city's

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ch...fptaskbar&ei=6

Chicago is giving $9,000 in rental assistance to migrants in need of temporary housing - after it paid a medical firm a staggering $7.2million for staffing shelters for just one week, according to official records.

The Windy City is struggling with over 11,000 migrants in shelters and 4,000 staying in police stations and the O'Hare International Airport after more than 18,000 have arrived in the city in one year.

To free much-needed room in shelters, the state of Illinois is helping cover costs for temporary housing for migrants, including $9,000 in rental assistance over a six-month period, Chicago's deputy chief of staff Cristina Pacione-Zayas told Fox32. The funds include assistance with moving costs and a starter kit to furnish apartments...
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2023, 07:38 AM

4,930 posts, read 3,044,617 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ssistance.html

Your thread is a duplicate, slow day in Florida?

Old 10-17-2023, 08:46 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,019 times
That article is very poorly written. Unclear if Illinois or the city is paying the $9000.

Old 10-19-2023, 05:52 PM

251 posts, read 197,539 times
Do you want to trade places with these migrants since they apparently have it so good?

Old 10-19-2023, 06:20 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,023,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
That article is very poorly written. Unclear if Illinois or the city is paying the $9000.

Does it matter? The State and City are both too financially strapped to adequately address the needs of their own citizens. It's a traveshamockery that they're shelling out so much for the comfort of illegal immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-guy View Post
Do you want to trade places with these migrants since they apparently have it so good?
No, but I sure as hell want government at all levels to stop incentivizing more people to come illegally. When word reaches folks back in impoverished nations that they can get a $9000 housing subsidy if they make it to Illinois/Chicago, don't you think that just emboldens more to come?

The only subsidy we should be providing is one to help pay for a safe, expeditious return trip home to tell everyone about how expensive it is to live in the US and how hard it is for illegal immigrants to get money.

Old 10-20-2023, 05:01 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
Does it matter? The State and City are both too financially strapped to adequately address the needs of their own citizens. It's a traveshamockery that they're shelling out so much for the comfort of illegal immigrants.

No, but I sure as hell want government at all levels to stop incentivizing more people to come illegally. When word reaches folks back in impoverished nations that they can get a $9000 housing subsidy if they make it to Illinois/Chicago, don't you think that just emboldens more to come?

The only subsidy we should be providing is one to help pay for a safe, expeditious return trip home to tell everyone about how expensive it is to live in the US and how hard it is for illegal immigrants to get money.
I don’t like it either but these people aren’t here illegally. They are seeking asylum which is a legal process.
I wish they were held to a higher standard (ie if they even commit a misdemeanor they get bounced) but they are here legally.

Old 10-20-2023, 05:54 PM

251 posts, read 197,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post

The government just stopped the asylum clause. Your wish is granted.

But these people that are here now did so legally. They touched U.S. land and per U.S. law, could not be deported.

Old 10-25-2023, 09:16 AM

85 posts, read 113,366 times
I wish city data forums had some quality control from these troll posts. The endless "liberal evil" rhetoric and its variations is so damn prevalent in so many CD boards, with redundant posts made time and time again in complete bad faith. These posters aren't looking for conversation but just want to infect the website with their ugliness. Bunch of anonymous and unintelligent cowards.

Maybe the site should start charging. Or outright screening bad faith posts.

Old 10-25-2023, 04:34 PM

128 posts, read 66,762 times
Isn't it an amazing thing. Many of the "Illegal" migrants have been living during the night, in various police prescient's and hanging out in front during the days. Last time I checked legal homeless don't have that luxury. The police are often seeing to it they are fed as well. Ain't it interesting how the term "Illegal" has been thrown out of the dictionary in the liberal cities and the homeless that are actual citizens of this country are completely ignored. What a wonderful world we live in. It's no wonder the illegals want to flood our country and suck off us for all the freebies while our own citizens are ignored. Man how this world has changed. And NOT for the better.

Old 10-27-2023, 07:50 AM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalTraveler View Post
Isn't it an amazing thing. Many of the "Illegal" migrants have been living during the night, in various police prescient's and hanging out in front during the days. Last time I checked legal homeless don't have that luxury. The police are often seeing to it they are fed as well. Ain't it interesting how the term "Illegal" has been thrown out of the dictionary in the liberal cities and the homeless that are actual citizens of this country are completely ignored. What a wonderful world we live in. It's no wonder the illegals want to flood our country and suck off us for all the freebies while our own citizens are ignored. Man how this world has changed. And NOT for the better.
They're not "Illegal"
They are in the process of seeking asylum, which is a legal process.
I don't agree with it, and I think the process is being abused, but regardless of my feelings, they are still here legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago