Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 02:32 PM

18 posts, read 58,571 times

Advertisements

I'm visiting Chicago with my Girl soon and she hasn't given me any ideas of what she would want to do/see.

I figure I could ask the females on here if they know of any stores worth stopping in.

She won't spend big bucks on anything. She loves the deals you can find at Marshalls and Forever 21. Nice stuff real cheap. Other than that, I don't know how to explain her style. She works in a high end salon if that gives a better idea.

Anyways we'll be in Lincoln Park, Jefferson Park and anywhere in between.

I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 01:33 PM

103 posts, read 322,520 times
The best place for shopping is definitely Michigan Avenue, but I'm not sure if that will fit your wants if she doesn't want to spend big bucks (there are many high end stores such as Coach, Tiffany's, etc.) but that good thing about Michigan Avenue are the stores such as Filene's basement which, if you look in the right places, has great deals on items such as Seven jeans. There is also H&M and Forever 21 and Water Tower Place which is a normal mall.

As far as things to see, I would suggest Millennium Park (it has ice skating). You could go to the Hancock Observatory on Michigan to see views of the entire city ($10 per person) or go eat at the many, many, many amazing restaurants. Navy Pier is filled with things to do and entrance fee is not expensive. Try metromix.com for more ideas. Hope that helped!

Old 02-09-2008, 03:38 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,799,921 times
Here's the secret about the Hancock observatory that only Chicagoan's seem to know... Don't ever go. You can go the Signature Lounge for free, and it's only one story lower than the observatory. The drinks are steep, but I'd rather pay $8 for a beer and get the same view than pay $10 for the view and get no drink. Just walk in the south entry of the building and tell the guards that you're going to the Signature Room. They'll tell you where to go.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:10 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,531 times
It was already mentioned, but you cant beat H&M if you're looking for cheap, stylish clothes; hell, you may find something for yourself. Quality is suspect, but the prices are great.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:43 PM

33 posts, read 163,280 times
J.Garcia, I thought it might be worthwhile to explain that H&M is a store somewhat similar to Forever 21, but they have a lot of lines done by designers exclusively for them, such as Stella McCartney. They don't have many H&M's in the country, so I thought you might need an explanation . If not....good for you!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:50 PM

18 posts, read 58,571 times
Thanks for the info teshorr. That definitely helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: