Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 07:42 PM

347 posts, read 521,527 times

Advertisements

I've seen quite a few threads here about Pilsen, so I believe this is relevant. According to this and other articles, someone vandalized a coffee shop with a sign telling white people to get out of Pilsen. https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2015...-out-of-pilsen

Here are some questions. How come there is little to no outrage over this? Has this even been reported in the mainsteam Chicago media? Could you imagine the outrage if someone put a sign in a neighborhood saying "Black people get out" or "Mexicans get out"? Would it not be a national outrage? Just how are white people destroying Pilsen? Why is racism towards White People accepted? Why the double standards?

Before anyone tells me that I no longer live in Chicago and shouldn't care, let me state that I visit Chicago at least once a year and want to continue to do so. As a white man and an aspiring Spanish speaker (I can speak it, but I still need to work on my comprehension), I want to visit pre-dominantly Latino neighborhoods so I can practice my Spanish (one of the many things I miss about Chicago is the Latino population, especialmente las mamacitas Latinas!), but I don't want to go to a neighborhood where I'm not wanted, especially since the city laws of Chicago won't allow me to carry a concealed firerarm there.

It sure seems the SJWs and the "anti-racism" community is awfully silent about this crime of racism. I guess it's just one more piece of evidence that those who say they're "anti-racist" are really anti-white. "Anti-racism" is a code word for anti-white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 06:53 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,365 times
Depends on the type of White people. The type that Hispanic people don't like are the weird, feminine type.

After moving out of Little Village and into Logan Square, I walk around and see soo many weird, feminine White people and it makes me go "Man... these people wouldn't survive if they lived in Little Village or Englewood."

Every single ad on Craigslist for roommates in Pilsen is "I'm an artsy art major looking for roommate, who plays a music instrument."

Sad, but true. My ideal masculine White men are the ones in law enforcement, such as police and prosecutors.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:19 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,770,288 times
Come to Texas,
You won't have trouble with either of these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Montana View Post
I want to visit pre-dominantly Latino neighborhoods so I can practice my Spanish (one of the many things I miss about Chicago is the Latino population, especialmente las mamacitas Latinas!), but I don't want to go to a neighborhood where I'm not wanted, especially since the city laws of Chicago won't allow me to carry a concealed firerarm there.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:58 AM

94 posts, read 76,451 times
Hilarious since Pilsen was white before them. They're too stupid to know that though.

Last edited by danglecity8819; 10-29-2015 at 08:06 AM..

Old 10-29-2015, 08:01 AM

577 posts, read 669,686 times
Sounds to me like the same thing that happened in London recently

Shoreditch Cereal Killer Cafe targeted in anti-gentrification protests | UK news | The Guardian

Not so much anti-white as anti-gentrification. I understand the anger, although I think it's misdirected.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:16 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danglecity8819 View Post
Hilarious since Pilsen was white before them. They're too stupid to know that though.
Does that make a difference?

Suppose Jews had Palestine 2,000+ years ago before the diaspora. Does that all of a sudden justify kicking the Muslims out of Palestine?

Old 10-29-2015, 09:07 AM

7 posts, read 14,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Montana View Post
I've seen quite a few threads here about Pilsen, so I believe this is relevant. According to this and other articles, someone vandalized a coffee shop with a sign telling white people to get out of Pilsen. https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2015...-out-of-pilsen

Here are some questions. How come there is little to no outrage over this? Has this even been reported in the mainsteam Chicago media? Could you imagine the outrage if someone put a sign in a neighborhood saying "Black people get out" or "Mexicans get out"? Would it not be a national outrage? Just how are white people destroying Pilsen? Why is racism towards White People accepted? Why the double standards?

Before anyone tells me that I no longer live in Chicago and shouldn't care, let me state that I visit Chicago at least once a year and want to continue to do so. As a white man and an aspiring Spanish speaker (I can speak it, but I still need to work on my comprehension), I want to visit pre-dominantly Latino neighborhoods so I can practice my Spanish (one of the many things I miss about Chicago is the Latino population, especialmente las mamacitas Latinas!), but I don't want to go to a neighborhood where I'm not wanted, especially since the city laws of Chicago won't allow me to carry a concealed firerarm there.

It sure seems the SJWs and the "anti-racism" community is awfully silent about this crime of racism. I guess it's just one more piece of evidence that those who say they're "anti-racist" are really anti-white. "Anti-racism" is a code word for anti-white.
Because it's anti-gentrification. It's not getting attention because people don't want to bring attention to the problem that is gentrification.

It's a bad tactic admittedly, but it's something that the city of Chicago has faced for decades. The City of Chicago (like most major cities) answer to ending crime and "beautifying the city" is to buy certain buildings in minority neighborhoods and hike the prices up (sometimes not even that...just the owners are more picky) and slowly but surely kick out the minorities in that neighborhood. Pilsen is becoming trendy. I watched it myself in Bridgeport. They gutted out a building on my block that was full of hispanics...it came under new management and now it's full of white people. Even though I can't find the listing for vacant apartments anywhere.

People forget the term "inner city" used to refer to minorities who lived in the downtown areas. Now you look at the demographics of Chicago and the minorities are being relegated from downtown 20-30+ years ago to the south and west sides 10 or so years ago, to today the suburbs and more likely out of state. There's no coincidence that as the city gets more and more attention and less and less crime...that it gets whiter and whiter and minorities are fleeing at an alarming rate.

If it was natural and a way of this city becoming more "diverse" I would have no problem with it. But, this city is destroying a lot of these areas cultural identity. Pilsen was Hispanic and they ran that area...now it's becoming some trendy art spot for tourists and college students.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:17 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Lol at the OP. You'll be fine in Pilsen and other Latino areas. I bet the person who is doing this is a white kid.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:32 AM

498 posts, read 724,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Sad, but true. My ideal masculine White men are the ones in law enforcement, such as police and prosecutors.
Those are the types of men that turn me on too

Old 10-29-2015, 11:36 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,633,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Depends on the type of White people. The type that Hispanic people don't like are the weird, feminine type.

After moving out of Little Village and into Logan Square, I walk around and see soo many weird, feminine White people and it makes me go "Man... these people wouldn't survive if they lived in Little Village or Englewood."

Every single ad on Craigslist for roommates in Pilsen is "I'm an artsy art major looking for roommate, who plays a music instrument."

so...you have a stereotypically cliche "ideal" of what a white male should be, but feel the need to make a blanket statement that "all hispanic people dont like men into art and music". wow, thanks so much for enlightening me about my own masculinity (and race too!). what would i have done without your guidance.

as a skinny white dude with a deep passion for art and music, who also so happens to have a mexican girlfriend who grew up and owns a house in little village...**** off.

what makes these people "weird". that you dont understand them? maybe try expanding your worldview for starters and avoid making generalizations about people you dont even know

your attitude is just as problematic as the people putting up these fliers, and if you cant understand why than i suppose theres little hope for you

Last edited by via chicago; 10-29-2015 at 11:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago