Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 08:02 AM

483 posts, read 886,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
A quick question (sorry to hijack the thread a bit) How do I get to Oak Park from the airport? I know I have to change somehow to the green line, right? But not sure where to do that.
Which airport? MDW is accessed via the orange and ORD the blue. To get to Oak Park from MDW, you'd have to take the orange and transfer to the green at the loop area, or you can take various buses according to Google transit maps. If you're coming from ORD, you'll have to transfer from the blue to the green at the loop, or you can take various buses as well there.

Go to Google maps and input your origination point and destination, click the train icon at the top in the directions mode, it will give you various times/routes using the CTA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 08:23 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,183,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBeachin View Post
Which airport? MDW is accessed via the orange and ORD the blue. To get to Oak Park from MDW, you'd have to take the orange and transfer to the green at the loop area, or you can take various buses according to Google transit maps. If you're coming from ORD, you'll have to transfer from the blue to the green at the loop, or you can take various buses as well there.

Go to Google maps and input your origination point and destination, click the train icon at the top in the directions mode, it will give you various times/routes using the CTA.
Oak Park is so far west, I'd just consider Uber to either airport rather than a train unless they're that strapped for cash.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:22 AM

176 posts, read 146,241 times
Quote:
A quick question (sorry to hijack the thread a bit) How do I get to Oak Park from the airport? I know I have to change somehow to the green line, right? But not sure where to do that.
Most likely:
From Midway, Orange to Roosevelt and Harlem bound Green from there. From O'Hare, Blue to Clark/Lake and then Harlem bound Green.

If you are going to southern Oak Park near the expressway the Blue Line may be more convenient. In that case, Blue direct from O'Hare or Orange to Blue via Clark/Lake from Midway.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:33 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Chicago...via-Clark-Lake

Blue Line to the Green Line.

You change at Clark and Lake to the Green Line

Old 01-22-2019, 04:03 PM

720 posts, read 1,085,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Chicago...via-Clark-Lake

Blue Line to the Green Line.

You change at Clark and Lake to the Green Line
Doesn't the blue line also go to Oak Park (depending on where they want to go that is)?

Old 01-22-2019, 04:49 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga412 View Post
Doesn't the blue line also go to Oak Park (depending on where they want to go that is)?
Maybe. I haven't ever taken the blue line without switching, but it does appear to go to Oak Park

https://www.transitchicago.com/asset...tt_oakpark.pdf

The station appears to be in the middle of the expressway though.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:46 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,301,434 times
Sorry everyone, I forgot completely about Midway. I meant from O'Hare to Oak Park. Tks for the info.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:29 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
Playing Devils advocate a bit, if you want to go to Milwaukee Mitchell Field, considered by many to be "Chicago's third airport," you'll have to ride Amtrak!

Old 01-25-2019, 10:30 AM

720 posts, read 1,085,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Playing Devils advocate a bit, if you want to go to Milwaukee Mitchell Field, considered by many to be "Chicago's third airport," you'll have to ride Amtrak!
What about Gary-Chicago?

Old 01-26-2019, 09:43 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga412 View Post
What about Gary-Chicago?
No problem, hop on the South Shore train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago