Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 02:20 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
Isn’t the one on the August 15th one of those block the Dan Ryan Xpresswsy before heading to the “wealthy” north side? This stunt was pulled in 2018 I believe.
yes they are planning one right there on aug 15.

they are also going to Logan Square, Daley Plaza, Dan ryan Expressway, Pilsen, Wrigley bldg. to name a few.

The police are monitoring that website site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Isn’t the one on the August 15th one of those block the Dan Ryan Xpresswsy before heading to the “wealthy” north side? This stunt was pulled in 2018 I believe.

those are all scheduled for 2020. according to their website. sorry looks like a re-run.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:04 PM

334 posts, read 170,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
those are all scheduled for 2020. according to their website. sorry looks like a re-run.
Yes, a 2020 rerun, they must think they’ll get even more people this time to walk out into a huge 14-lane highway.

Wonder how the comedy team of Groot & Fixx are gonna deal with these events.

Btw, I was down in the Gold Coast-Michigan Avenue today...what a disgrace. Gonna take a long time to get visitors and conventioneers back.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:38 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Yes, a 2020 rerun, they must think they’ll get even more people this time to walk out into a huge 14-lane highway.

Wonder how the comedy team of Groot & Fixx are gonna deal with these events.

Btw, I was down in the Gold Coast-Michigan Avenue today...what a disgrace. Gonna take a long time to get visitors and conventioneers back.
For years people said Chicago was the next Detroit and everyone laughed. nobody is laughing anymore. But then remember it was the people of thsi city who voted in the very people they complain about now

Old 08-13-2020, 10:13 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,941,830 times
Yes I would buy it out. If you move to Chicago, move somewhere else either a suburb or a farther out neighborhood that is safer. There will be plenty of places to rent. I've heard in some of the downtown areas, residents are afraid to go out of their buildings after six pm and it will only get worse once it gets darker. They don't feel safe now.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingnative37 View Post
Hello. I am 22 and from CT. After receiving a job offer in the Spring, I found an apartment in a River North highrise (sight unseen due to the pandemic), and started paying rent in June. My company has had all employees work from home, so I have been living with my family in CT. I figured I would have moved into my apartment by now, but the pandemic hasnt slowed down, and the safety of Chicago is concerning. Also, none of the amenities in my building are up and running due to the pandemic. I am not rushing to live in a small studio apartment with no where to go being new to the city during these times.
My question is this: Should I buy out my lease (2 months rent) and find another place to live when my company requires me to be in the office (probably end of the Fall or January). The apartment is exactly what I was looking for, but I am not in Chicago seeing things first hand, and I am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Just to let you know, there’s another vacancy opening up in downtown Chicago for October 1.

My lease ends Sept 30 and I confirmed non-renewal with Management Co. I sold my condo last winter so I’m officially out of Chicago, Cook County, and Illinois in 6 weeks.

No more “blue” cities for me and seriously want to avoid even any solid blue states. Working 100% remote has its perks.

Certainly don’t want to be in or near any blue cities and neither do you when the Minneapolis cops are acquitted in the Floyd case.

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-13-2020 at 01:00 PM..

Old 08-13-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Just to let you know, there’s another vacancy opening up in downtown Chicago for October 1.

My lease ends Sept 30 and I confirmed non-renewal with Management Co. I sold my condo last winter so I’m officially out of Chicago, Cook County, and Illinois in 6 weeks.

No more “blue” cities for me and seriously want to avoid even any solid blue states. Working 100% remote has its perks.

Certainly don’t want to be in or near any blue cities and neither do you when the Minneapolis cops are acquitted in the Floyd case.

I hope this is not your ad when selling your condo! it would make me not want to buy it.

I want to move asap out of downtown, im just sick of being in this area. more protests coming. more inconveniences.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I hope this is not your ad when selling your condo! it would make me not want to buy it.

I want to move asap out of downtown, im just sick of being in this area. more protests coming. more inconveniences.
lol..I closed on condo last winter as in February 2020.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
lol..I closed on condo last winter as in February 2020.

I hope you are enjoying your new place better! i wish i had moved out in April when my lease was up. did not know the world was going to change this much!

Old 08-13-2020, 03:32 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
I would buy it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: