Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:49 AM

367 posts, read 1,206,036 times

Advertisements

I thought I'd check through the crime stats to see if West Elsdon seems to be doing any better or worse since this thread started. I used chicagocrime.org to look over the past 365 days, and happily West Elsdon has no homicides in the past year! I don't know how to look up a "shooting" exactly, but I found 6 aggravated assaults or batteries involving firearms in West Elsdon. But by comparison, Bridgeport had 28 such incidents involving firearms in the last year, and no one on this board is telling anyone to avoid Bridgeport. So maybe West Elsdon's current state of decline is greatly exagerrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 12:50 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,587,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpuff View Post
I thought I'd check through the crime stats to see if West Elsdon seems to be doing any better or worse since this thread started. I used chicagocrime.org to look over the past 365 days, and happily West Elsdon has no homicides in the past year! I don't know how to look up a "shooting" exactly, but I found 6 aggravated assaults or batteries involving firearms in West Elsdon. But by comparison, Bridgeport had 28 such incidents involving firearms in the last year, and no one on this board is telling anyone to avoid Bridgeport. So maybe West Elsdon's current state of decline is greatly exagerrated.
I hope you are right. The blue collar working Joe neighborhoods need to stay intact espescially in todays economy.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:40 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,257,503 times
Weird, I started this thread some time ago.

I never got to see if this development finished or if it stagnated with the economy being the way it is. I came so close to renting in Brighton Park, but never did. UIC is on my list of graduate schools to check out, so maybe living in the near south side might work out.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:54 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
More gunplay in Garfield Ridge yesterday. And the victim was stabbed too, for good measure.

Man shot, stabbed in Garfield Ridge - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/08/man-shot-stabbed-in-garfield-ridge.html - broken link)

Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,257,503 times
Wow, that's pretty crazy. Mugging gone awry, perhaps?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:32 AM

1,014 posts, read 3,587,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
More gunplay in Garfield Ridge yesterday. And the victim was stabbed too, for good measure.

Man shot, stabbed in Garfield Ridge - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/08/man-shot-stabbed-in-garfield-ridge.html - broken link)
Not Again! There needs to be ZERO tolerance for these filthy disgusting shooters , gangbangers and criminal thugs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago