Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,807 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Chicago (Bucktown-Lincoln Park area) and I am looking for a moderate to big sized non-denominational Christian church. I used to go to a big church with a strong focus on small groups and youth participation, and a lively worship service. I tried going to Lifechangers in Hoffman Estates and while the worship was as lively as I wish it would be, they do not have a very big young single adult church-going population. I went to Willow Creek in Barrington but worship was a little too tame. Any other suggestions in Chicagoland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 11:10 AM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,129 times
Isn't a non-denominational church an oxymoron? If you are looking for an open-minded church I would suggest Micah's Porch (Micah's Porch Community Church (http://www.micahsporch.org/ - broken link)) which is small or All Saints for a larger but very liberal environment (All Saints Episcopal Church).

Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 PM

622 posts, read 1,196,457 times
heh. no. it's not an oxymoron. it just means the OP is looking for a church that's not part of a big denomination...baptist, methodist, assembly of God, etc.

btw, we're moving from michigan and looking for the same thing. we're kind of interested in this church: The Painted Door [Chicago, IL] prolly too small for you based on your post.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:32 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,197,167 times
Perhaps you should take a look at Moody (they have a large church in the near north and also the Moody Bible Institue). I know they have a large membership, tons of programs for different ages/groups, radio shows, newsletters, etc. Check out their website: The Moody Church

p.s. I've never been, but if you are looking for a more conservative, non-denominational church, the fit might be good.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,758 times
I attend a non-denominational church plant that meets at 3652 N Lincoln Avenue. The worship there is very lively, and to your point, there's a significant young single adult population as well. The website is destinationchurch.org - It should help answer any questions you may have, and I know the pastor Matt is very receptive to questions as well.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by CEBCity; 02-01-2010 at 11:27 AM..

Old 02-05-2010, 08:40 PM

81 posts, read 327,556 times
craigg:

I've gone to both Lifechangers and Willow Creek...here are a few you should check out:

http://www.mynewlife.org/

http://www.faithworldchicago.com/index.php

U-Turn Christian Center | Facebook

Good luck in your search, I know how difficult this can be!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:39 PM

179 posts, read 675,507 times
Park Community sounds exactly as you desribed. They have a great service and put a lot of focus on small groups. They have three locations: Lincoln Park, West Loop, and a new location in the South Loop.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,177 times
Second City Church is a good non-denominational church in Chicago. They are based at the Greenhouse Theater in Lincoln Park area. Very intimate and diverse. You can find out more at [url=http://www.2ndcitychurch.org]Second City Church: 2nd City Church non denominational Chicago[/url].

Old 01-21-2015, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,463 times
I am looking for a Church that believes in Healing Spirit , Soul , Mind and Body. I also would like a church that is a Soul-Winning Church. I live in the Arlington Hts Area and have had a huge problem with this. I have attended Life Changers and Willow both are huge but something seems to be missing. I am going to get more involved and try Willow Creek again.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:21 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,446,953 times
Either Park Community Church or Second City. Park is in LP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago