Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 03:51 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,320,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac View Post
well jewel is on state and grand which isn't too far from the trump.
And, a couple blocks further on State, there's a Whole Foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 12:44 PM

498 posts, read 724,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
OMG!! This Had to have been written by Trump himself- I don't think I've ever read a more pompous statement
Trump is trashing his own building??

Old 08-27-2016, 05:52 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,482,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
What major grocery store is within walking distance of the Trump Tower?
Jewel, Trader Joes and Whole Foods. >

https://www.google.com/maps/search/g...87.6329629,15z

Old 08-27-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Jewel, Trader Joes and Whole Foods. >

https://www.google.com/maps/search/g...87.6329629,15z
Target isn't too far away, either

Old 08-28-2016, 05:55 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallvillejane View Post
Yeah. It's kind of shocking because I've had way better and more prompt services in any midtown hotel in Manhattan- Marriott, Courtyard, waldorf astoria, etc. They would always be a step ahead of you and anticipate your next move, i.e., opening the door for you, pushing the elevator button for you, handing you umbrellas, getting you a cab, taking your coat/bags, discarding read newspapers, pretty much doing anything for you. It makes you feel that their existence in this world is purely for your convenience and pleasure.

Unfortunately I did not feel that in Trump Chicago. The service people in Trump are friendly but have totally no idea what service really entails. Some are even somewhat indifferent. For instance, I ran into one service person in the hallway, then another in the gym locker room. Neither one proactively approached me or asked if I needed help; instead, they just looked the other way and pretended that I did not exist. On another occasion, one cleaning staff even tried to catch a small talk with me, and it had nothing to do with what she could do to better serve me, but started with a series of questions such as "where are you from?" "Where am I from?" that is totally none of your business. What is your business is ask me what I need you to do to make my day better!!! Hello! I am not your buddy and have no time to chat with you! If I were I would not be living in Trump.

What's even more annoying is that service staff have no idea what is what or where half of the time.
Me, "Do I have access to the business center as a resident?"
Service people at Trump, "I don't know!" responding courteously but unapologetically
I dont want anyone "anticipating my next move" just let me push my own elevator buttons. im perfectly able to do that myself.

The people were probably doing their jobs which is why they carried on with their work. They probably respected your space, and not talked to you. Then when they did talk to you and gave you attention, you complain. You make no sense.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I dont want anyone "anticipating my next move" just let me push my own elevator buttons. im perfectly able to do that myself.

The people were probably doing their jobs which is why they carried on with their work. They probably respected your space, and not talked to you. Then when they did talk to you and gave you attention, you complain. You make no sense.
Maybe they've changed in the 6 years since writing that post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago