Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
No and Yes.

They will be judged, and they will not be resurrected.
For resurrection is in this life.....sown and raised.

Accept Christ, you PUT YOUR SIN nature to death/sown, and be raised incorruptible to life with Christ.

If we have sown unto you spiritual things, [is it] a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

"He that plougheth," spiritually, is the first planter of a church in a place. "he that thresheth," the minister who tends a church already planted.

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.

Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

This [is] my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

All from the KJV
From another thread - thought it deserved its own thread as it was off topic in the other

Sciotmicks,

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into {**condemnation}; but is passed from death unto life.
Joh 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of {**damnation}.

** condemnation, damnation is really judgment

Believing is more than a mental thing it is a faith and faithfulness and it passes someone from coming under judgment into already being judged and passing from death to life

We also see that there is a resurrection of judgment as well which goes against your belief that those that do not believe are not raised -- all the dead in the grave are raised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:12 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is (the believer) passed from death unto life.

Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

This [is] my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit

Joh 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of {**damnation}.

I will stop here for a minute. These scriptures are ONLY in regards to ISRAEL and their resurrection...not the entire world, for all time.

Quote:
Believing is more than a mental thing it is a faith and faithfulness and it passes someone from coming under judgment into already being judged and passing from death to life
The scriptures you quoted, they are a direct referrence to the resurrection of Israel.

Quote:
We also see that there is a resurrection of judgment as well which goes against your belief that those that do not believe are not raised -- all the dead in the grave are raised.
Prior to the ROTD yes, they are all raised, but I am a Full Preterist, so that, is a past event for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity