Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 08:39 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times

Advertisements

I know things get a little bouncy in here when the subject of the rapture comes up. For those futurists who cannot stand the occasional rancor, may I suggest a pre-trib website for you? It's called RITA, Rapture in the Air and it's strictly moderated. You're expected to have a pre-trib belief when you enter and it's strictly enforced. Dissenters are squashed like bugs---I mean they make chop suey out of you over there if you step out of line. Pretty much everybody gets to live in their own little private corner of the universe over there; members pep talk each other and share the latest world events that herald the rapture; often one member will announce (s)he's had a dream or vision in which the rapture is taking place. The excitement is palpable at that point, and when Pentecost and Rosh Hashana draw near it's at fever pitch. That's because someone invariably announces that the Holy Spirit has told them beforehand in audible language, "This Pentecost you will be with Me in heaven".

Of course there are also two days out of the year when the desolation, despair and despondency is also very palpable: the days after Pentecost and Rosh Hashana, when another feast day has past without the rapture happening and everybody is looking around and asking one another, Wa hoppon????. But the moderators and others are always at hand to pump you up for the next feast day. The link is below. Enjoy:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air

Last edited by thrillobyte; 06-29-2010 at 10:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
No thanks, I've got God's Word to read instead

Old 06-29-2010, 09:59 PM

33,238 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You're expected to have a pre-trib belief when you enter and it's strictly enforced. Dissenters are squashed like bugs---I mean they make chop suey out of you over there if you step out of line. Pretty much everybody gets to live in their own little private corner of the universe over there; members pep talk each other and share the latest world events that herald the rapture; often one member will announce (s)he's had a dream or vision in which the rapture is taking place. The excitement is palpable at that point, and when Pentecost and Rosh Hashana draw near it's at fever pitch. That's because someone invariably announces that the Holy Spirit has told them beforehand in audible language, "This Pentecost you will be with Me in heaven".
Yep - in the rules: "F. This is a Pre-Trib forum. INTRODUCING any other viewpoint for discussion is not acceptable. RITA has already had an open debate on the subject and PRE_TRIB won".

Old 06-30-2010, 05:27 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Some people very much wish all the folks who do staunchly believe in the pre-trib rapture would suddenly disappear without a trace a.s.a. p. That is their "blessed hope" (that the pre-tribbers would fly away) :-)

Old 06-30-2010, 03:36 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Some people very much wish all the folks who do staunchly believe in the pre-trib rapture would suddenly disappear without a trace a.s.a. p. That is their "blessed hope" (that the pre-tribbers would fly away) :-)

Old 06-30-2010, 03:53 PM

365 posts, read 511,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Amen brother.

All the problems in the world today where people have gone astray came as a result of people turning to external sources outside of the Scriptures.

It is a crime to ADD anything from the bible!

Revelation 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

All those "Christian authors" you see, who have many books for sale in "Christian stores" are all willfully sinning against God!

ONLY the Scriptures were fully inspired by God. All external sources are NOT fully inspired by God!

The bible and bible alone!!! There is NOTHING we need besides the Bible.

Those who believe they need to turn to external sources for help and understanding and guidance, show a lack of faith in God to help them understand the bible.

We, as Christians, should ALWAYS point people to the bible, NOT to external man written and man inspired books!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:44 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Amen brother.

All the problems in the world today where people have gone astray came as a result of people turning to external sources outside of the Scriptures.

It is a crime to ADD anything from the bible!

Revelation 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

All those "Christian authors" you see, who have many books for sale in "Christian stores" are all willfully sinning against God!

ONLY the Scriptures were fully inspired by God. All external sources are NOT fully inspired by God!

The bible and bible alone!!! There is NOTHING we need besides the Bible.

Those who believe they need to turn to external sources for help and understanding and guidance, show a lack of faith in God to help them understand the bible.

We, as Christians, should ALWAYS point people to the bible, NOT to external man written and man inspired books!
Well . . . that should adequately insure the retention of the veil of ignorance that exists over the OT and make sure it covers the NT as well. Perfect satanic plan . . . praise and promote ignorance over knowledge and understanding.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:44 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yep - in the rules: "F. This is a Pre-Trib forum. INTRODUCING any other viewpoint for discussion is not acceptable. RITA has already had an open debate on the subject and PRE_TRIB won".

Open debate, my kneecap!!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
hahahahahahahaha ROTFLMAO !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity