Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 12:31 PM

5 posts, read 6,943 times

Advertisements

Since it has come up in several threads where false-christians will justify any rejection of any commandment in the Bible by dismissing it as "legalism" I felt to try to clear that point up for any honest hearted who might be confused by it.

I guess that the "legalism" cop out is about the most foolish error of the false christian today, but oh how they ignorantly cling to their error.

What a beautiful cop out that just seems to "cancel" any commandment or teaching of the Bible that doesn't tickle their carnal, unregenerate fancy. It is only effective for fools, though, because the scenario that is actual legalism is a scenario of a Judaiser attempting to teach a Gentile that they need to obey the ceremonial Jewish law.

It is only by obeying Acts 2:38 that a person avails themselves of the grace of God and frees their soul from the curse of the law.

The Acts 2:38 plan of salvation is not the "law", but rather it is the door where one can freely escape the debt of the law by having their sins remitted through Jesus Name baptism.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Another cry of fools when confronted with the clear teaching of their Bible is that they will whine "Oh, you're just dotting 'I's and crossing 't's", but just look at what Jesus said in verse 18.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least
commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Another consideration is that the scribes and the Pharisees were *very* righteous, disciplined, and holy living people (and they did it without the infilling of the Holy Spirit). When a crowd that had just murdered Jesus Christ and were aware of the "law" asked what they could do (to be saved), Peter preached Acts 2:38 (for as many as God would call).

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

One "saves themselves" by obeying Acts 2:38, which is offered as a free gift, and obeyed by FAITH of those that receive the Word of God.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.

Acts 2:38 is not "legalism", but rather, YOUR ONLY HOPE of avoiding the debt of the law by availing yourself of Jesus's substitutionary payment that is offered to all who will obey.

(Salvation is only to "obeyers").

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the
prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

The teachings in the epistles are not "legalism" but instructions and warnings to souls who have obeyed Acts 2:38 to become Christians.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Hebrews 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Hebrews 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Hebrews 10:31 [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Paul warned that the devil would present his deceivers as "preachers".

II Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
II Corinthians 11:13 For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
II Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
II Corinthians 11:15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Paul also said that people would desire false doctrines (like the fool's cry "legalism" and other false "easy believism" doctrines).

II Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
II Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-01-2010 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: advertising...AGAIN

Old 07-01-2010, 12:40 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Steve Winter View Post
One "saves themselves" by obeying Acts 2:38, which is offered as a free gift, and obeyed by FAITH of those that receive the Word of God.
Well, at least you admit that you believe people "save themselves." I'll give you that. Some Christians believe that there's something that you must do to be saved, thus "saving yourself," but they deny that this thing you must do has anything to do with "saving yourself," which obviously doesn't make sense. Some Christians, like those who believe in UR, believe we are incapable of saving ourselves, which is precisely why we needed a Savior.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:00 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Since it has come up in several threads where false-christians will justify any rejection of any commandment in the Bible by dismissing it as "legalism" I felt to try to clear that point up for any honest hearted who might be confused by it.

I guess that the "legalism" cop out is about the most foolish error of the false christian today, but oh how they ignorantly cling to their error.

What a beautiful cop out that just seems to "cancel" any commandment or teaching of the Bible that doesn't tickle their carnal, unregenerate fancy. It is only effective for fools, though, because the scenario that is actual legalism is a scenario of a Judaiser attempting to teach a Gentile that they need to obey the ceremonial Jewish law.

It is only by obeying Acts 2:38 that a person avails themselves of the grace of God and frees their soul from the curse of the law.

The Acts 2:38 plan of salvation is not the "law", but rather it is the door where one can freely escape the debt of the law by having their sins remitted through Jesus Name baptism.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Another cry of fools when confronted with the clear teaching of their Bible is that they will whine "Oh, you're just dotting 'I's and crossing 't's", but just look at what Jesus said in verse 18.

commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Another consideration is that the scribes and the Pharisees were *very* righteous, disciplined, and holy living people (and they did it without the infilling of the Holy Spirit). When a crowd that had just murdered Jesus Christ and were aware of the "law" asked what they could do (to be saved), Peter preached Acts 2:38 (for as many as God would call).

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.

Acts 2:38 is not "legalism", but rather, YOUR ONLY HOPE of avoiding the debt of the law by availing yourself of Jesus's substitutionary payment that is offered to all who will obey.

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

The teachings in the epistles are not "legalism" but instructions and warnings to souls who have obeyed Acts 2:38 to become Christians.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Hebrews 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Hebrews 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

II Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
II Corinthians 11:13 For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
II Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
II Corinthians 11:15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Paul also said that people would desire false doctrines (like the fool's cry "legalism" and other false "easy believism" doctrines).

II Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
II Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Won't Be Long - by WinterBand Christian Rock Music Video

YouTube - Won't Be Long - Music Video by WinterBand 08092009

Where Babies Come From - Music Video by WinterBand

YouTube - Where Babies Come From - Music Video by WinterBand 12172008

Pro life, anti-murder Christian music video! A song to save lives!

Bro Steve Winter
For Bible doctrine The Truth Of The Bible
For Christian music Christian band proclaiming monotheistic Biblical Holiness
Real Acts 2:38 Christians and ministers on Facebook
Real Acts 2:38 Christians and ministers on Facebook | Facebook

Bro. Steve Winter Jesus Name Apostolic Holiness Church - Oneness Pentecostal
You don't know what you are talking about. And you just implied that the apostle Paul was a fool. You have read my posts on one of those other threads you are spewing onto this forum, in which the requirement for baptism for salvation is refuted. Now you are saying that those who point out that Legalism is another gospel, are using a cop out. The apostle Paul in Galatians condemned legalism.

I refer readers to the above posters other thread, called 'Those who reject Acts 2:38 are also rejecting John 3:16' and refer to my post #12 in which I show that baptism is not required for salvation.

There is only one requirement for salvation, and that is to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Whether you realize it or not, you are being used by Satan, who deceives the world, to muddy up the waters, and obscure the issue in salvation, which is faith alone, in Christ alone.
Acts 16:31 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved...

Obedience AFTER salvation is an entirely different issue from salvation itself.

You cannot earn your salvation, and you cannot lose your salvation once you are saved through an initial moment of faith in Christ.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:

Moderator cut: advertising...AGAIN!!!
...BOOK HIM!!!... ...Miss Blue...he's done put a curse on you..!...LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity