Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I think that is the question UR poses.
Love doesn't rejoice in sin and wrongdoing. Love rejoices in that which is Truth and Good. Love rejoices when people are made to be at peace, not at odds.
When God gave me a desire to seek Him, I wondered, "but will God save EVERYONE?" And when I heard the answer "yes," it filled my heart with JOY! It was precisely that message of Conquering Love which led me to Jesus! Contrary to some thinking, the message of ALL mankind being saved is what drew me CLOSER to the Lord, not farther away!

Is Christianity so "selfish" that it's all up to the individual to "save himself," everyone looking out for his own good?
No. I believe in Love, and the Power of Love to melt the sinner's heart. I believe in Jesus.

Blessings to all,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 02:49 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Yes this is a good example of the power of love .

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." (Before you Fundy's get excited this does not mean we literally put burning coal on top of the unbelievers , sinners or the lost's head).

Romans 12 verse 20

Old 07-23-2010, 05:57 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Good points... this statement is revealing:

"Love rejoices in that which is Truth and Good"

If that is true, and eternal torment is the truth, then are we supposed to rejoice in the eternal torment of others? Of course that is absurd and contradictory to the other statements about Love:

Love is kind (its not kind to let someone be tormented forever).
Love is patient (its not patience if you give up on someone).
Love keeps no record of wrongs (you are keeping an everlasting record of wrongs if you send someone to eternal torment).
Love never fails (does it fail to keep some people out of eternal torment?).

Yes I believe in the power of love - love is the most powerful force in the universe because God is love.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:56 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
I did not understand or recognize the power of love until just recently when I finally learned the truth of universal salvation. Oh how glorious it is!! Jesus came to save the WORLD, and that's exactly what He did. Now that's LOVE!!

I'm still trying to grasp the power of it and how much God really does love us, and understand that kind of love. There was a transformation that happened in my heart and mind when I learned the truth and now I see my Creator as someone completely different than I did as an ETer. My heart is filled with joy and love, and how anyone could say that it's just emotions has never felt the power of God's love within them, not to this understanding and degree.

I wish I could shake all the ETer's and wake them up to the truth but I know how stubborn I was believing in ET, and man's teachings and doctrines are nearly impossible to overcome. Notice I said "nearly".

Old 07-23-2010, 07:15 AM

240 posts, read 385,630 times
Default With love from the heart

Why can't the power of love come from within ourselves. I don't understand why some people feel that it has to come from some mythical being that puts it in their heart. Don't humans have the capacity to love and share love with others without being made to do it?

Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
Why can't the power of love come from within ourselves. I don't understand why some people feel that it has to come from some mythical being that puts it in their heart. Don't humans have the capacity to love and share love with others without being made to do it?
YES! God has put the Seed of the woman, Christ, in the hearts of every person that He makes. God is Love, and there is a fleshly love which is temporal and easily crossed. This is not the Father.
But when God begins to reveal Himself to us personally (and He will reveal Himself to ALL people eventually) then you will begin to drink pure rivers of the Water of Life, which is Love, coming from WITHIN you! This is His work, nothing that you can do on your own. THIS is the mystery of the Gospel.

Blessings!
brian

Old 07-23-2010, 09:45 AM

240 posts, read 385,630 times
I believe in the power of love. A very simple message with a lot of power that a man named Jesus preached. It was a message so powerful that it put fear into the hearts of the leaders of the temple. They were so threatened that his message of love would make them and their old testamet irrelevant that they conspired and killed him. If we love those that love us then maybe one day there will be enough people together that will have enough love to stop all war and crime.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:49 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I did not understand or recognize the power of love until just recently when I finally learned the truth of universal salvation. Oh how glorious it is!! Jesus came to save the WORLD, and that's exactly what He did. Now that's LOVE!!

I'm still trying to grasp the power of it and how much God really does love us, and understand that kind of love. There was a transformation that happened in my heart and mind when I learned the truth and now I see my Creator as someone completely different than I did as an ETer. My heart is filled with joy and love, and how anyone could say that it's just emotions has never felt the power of God's love within them, not to this understanding and degree.

I can surely say, ME TOO!
This really describes my experience as well...
reading your words made my heart feel a bit giddy. lol.
It's always such a great feeling when you connect with someone over a shared experience. And this is one heck of an experience to share.

love,
sparrow

Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
Don't humans have the capacity to love and share love with others without being made to do it?
Yes, they do, and thank goodness for that!

Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 AM

Love has been oppressed since the fall of man. And it is still continuing.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity