Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 07:06 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Have you ever daydreamed of what you'd like heaven to be like? Here's mine:

Now first think of the guy or girl you loved more than any other, whether you married them or they got away. Now think of loving that person a hundred thousand times more than you do now and they love you equally in return. Imagine your new bodies in heaven are like Adam and Eve's before the fall, only this time there is no capacity to sin. There's hundred of billions of galaxies out there, each having billions of stars in them. Now imagine God assigning you to a planet in one of these galaxies, a planet that's so beautiful it makes Eden look like a desert wasteland, and He commands you two to populate this planet and eventually the whole galaxy with good, God-fearing children. How'd you like to spend eternity making babies with someone you absolutely could never stop loving or get bored with? I sure would.

Oh, I know Jesus said that in heaven nobody is given in marriage, but maybe if I begged hard enough He might make an exception for me. Ya think?

Share your dream if you wish.

I don't think we'll care about things like marriage in heaven.

My version of heaven has all people being one. Everyone loves everyone. There will be no mansions or streets of gold only a beautiful garden. We will not know hunger or pain and we will lavish in the presence of God who loves us more than any man ever could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 08:08 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
In my heart of hearts I know this to be true. The shift from earth to heaven is such a radical occurrence that any earthly desires melt away, I'm sure. But remember, before Adam and Eve fell they were in a state of bodily perfection anyway and, most importantly, were in constant direct communion with God. In my new world, God would be in direct communion with all of us anyway. And think of an octillion people you've created lifting their voices in shouts of praise to God for His goodness. Loud enough to fill the universe! (maybe)

Old 07-24-2010, 09:46 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times

Nice thread. I like to imagine heaven.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:41 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Seen heaven is a dream some ten years ago, .. `` there was a charoit ride that I remember to Heaven it was like a ski lift with a brown wall on the side , when I got to Heaven there was millions of colorful flowers as far as you could see...then I seen a bridge and under the Bridge was a large book and the title of the Book was called, `` Visions of God`` and the book closed and I do not recall other ideas of the dream , but it had great color. And months later I heared that Evangelist Jessie Duplantis had a similar vision but with a lot more details, ten years before my dream...... You can get the book from Jessie Duplantis called `` Close Encounters of the God kind``.... which is similar vision of Heaven

Old 07-25-2010, 08:11 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
hmm all of the good things everyone mentioned here,plus,I'd like for all the bad things in earthly life to be literally erased,never to have happened to begin with.
and as for the good times or moments and those memories..it would be nice to be able to go back in time and relive a few of those...like the moment my kids were born and I held them for the first time...things like that.
with God all things are possible, so I don't think it's out of the question at all.and it is said we are going to be in awe of the things He has in store for us,so I imagine that will be one of them.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:32 AM

People who have had authenticated near-death experiences all have confirmed that our former lives stay in our conscious. Well, if that is true then why wouldn't some of our earthly desires remain as well? How many widows long to be reunited with their dead husbands. Their other loved ones, too, I'm sure, but I'm also sure the desire to be reunited with their spouses is much stronger. Do we all just live in one happy commune or are we reunited with our immediate family first? And certainly Jesus is still distinguishable as man so why not other men and women? It'd be just a small nudge to get us back to Adam and Eve's state of perfection, I think. Maybe all this in my mind just comes from the regret of never having children in this life. I'd like to see what it'd be like to be a parent. But without all the earthly "hell" of raising them.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:47 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
"..the greatest of these is love."
Love never ends.
I believe our loved ones are our treasures in heaven.
What could be more of a deep down treasure to us than loves reunited?
Would that not bring great glory to God?
To have so many beautiful reunions, to see LOVE come to fruition.
We see through the glass darkly now... esp, in our relationships.
Didn't you ever wish a loved one could get inside your heart so they could TRULY understand just how much you love them??
Imagine... being able to wrap your love around your loved one so that they can feel completely how much love you have for them.
And vice versa.

Yeah, I think that would bring great glory to God.
We are all brothers and sisters.
But we all, also have our treasures in heaven.
God made us this way.
And the yearnings in our heart are there for a reason.

And perhaps.... as far as everything else...
we all have different ideas for a reason.
Looking around this earth He created, I can surely understand that he loves variety.

hmmm. Just some ponderings...

Old 07-25-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
"..the greatest of these is love."
Love never ends.
I believe our loved ones are our treasures in heaven.
What could be more of a deep down treasure to us than loves reunited?
Would that not bring great glory to God?
To have so many beautiful reunions, to see LOVE come to fruition.
We see through the glass darkly now... esp, in our relationships.
Didn't you ever wish a loved one could get inside your heart so they could TRULY understand just how much you love them??
Imagine... being able to wrap your love around your loved one so that they can feel completely how much love you have for them.
And vice versa.

Yeah, I think that would bring great glory to God.
We are all brothers and sisters.
But we all, also have our treasures in heaven.
God made us this way.
And the yearnings in our heart are there for a reason.

And perhaps.... as far as everything else...
we all have different ideas for a reason.
Looking around this earth He created, I can surely understand that he loves variety.

hmmm. Just some ponderings...
Thank you, sparrow, for your kind PM.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:59 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
thank you, sparrow, for your kind pm.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:20 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

My version of heaven has all people being one. Everyone loves everyone. There will be no mansions or streets of gold only a beautiful garden. We will not know hunger or pain and we will lavish in the presence of God who loves us more than any man ever could.
Quote:
In my heart of hearts I know this to be true. The shift from earth to heaven is such a radical occurrence that any earthly desires melt away, I'm sure. But remember, before Adam and Eve fell they were in a state of bodily perfection anyway and, most importantly, were in constant direct communion with God. In my new world, God would be in direct communion with all of us anyway. And think of an octillion people you've created lifting their voices in shouts of praise to God for His goodness. Loud enough to fill the universe! (maybe)
Paradise on earth.
Video "The most beautiful scenery in the world" - Technorati
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity