Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:18 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
They just skipped 666? Out of the hundreds of other seats? That's a mighty fine chance. But anyway, it sounds like fishy business to me. Why would that seat be empty out of the hundreds of other seats in a building that calls itself the Tower or Europe? Similar to the tower of babel? It's no surprise really. Europe has always been the perfect place for Satan to make his rising. It has always been a Godless society since idk when.
Do hotels just skip floor 13? They do it because superstitious people don't want to stay on 13 so it saves them a lot of problems. Just as being the guy sitting in seat 666 would cause problems with people who read the stuff you read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 12:22 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
Im sure there is a REASONABLE explanation. People have been spouting about the end of the world happening for centuries and using stories like this one to prove their point and yet we still exist.
It's not going to be the end of the world like 2010 says. It's going to be quite a process. And The New World Order is part of that process. You know who their waiting for to frequent that seat? Oh yes. Satan himself. But he won't be this big red monster that Hollywood has created. He's going to look just like you and I and will have great power over the nations. That's why I been trying to tell people this is not a joke. These things are VERY real and are happening. And if you want my honest opinion, I feel like Jesus is coming soon! If you take a look at the state of the world and how increasingly Godless nations are becoming and all these disasters happening, oh no. Jesus has one foot in heaven and one out just waiting for the command from God. I'm telling you.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Because of silly superstitions most buildings also don't have a 13th floor. Silly yes, but when dealing with superstitions, one has to appease the silly folk.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:42 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Well here's the thing Christy. I don't really listen to EVERYTHING on the site. I'm not going to treat people differently or unfairly based off of someone else's opinion. The thing with the man who created the site, he's strictly BY THE BOOK Christian. If it's against the bible, he's not feeling it. And I understand their are some Christians like this. I don't choose to be like that but that's them.
You would be better served in your spiritual quest if you found a site that actually preaches what Jesus taught....that is definitely NOT IT. That website is full of hatred, bigotry and ignorance...is this really the stuff you want to be exposed to?

Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You would be better served in your spiritual quest if you found a site that actually preaches what Jesus taught....that is definitely NOT IT. That website is full of hatred, bigotry and ignorance...is this really the stuff you want to be exposed to?
Well I guess we can agree to disagree. Because I don't believe it is ignorant in the slightest. The man must have created more than 400 articles based off of biblical references alone. He's preaches strictly by the book. Something our society today is not used to. What comes off as hateful and bigotry to you is really just a stressed version of what the bible has been saying forever. I don't know else to say. I mean Jesus Is Savior is one the FEW Christian sites that teaches the word of God unabashed. And alot of people could use that today.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
Quote:
Well I guess we can agree to disagree. Because I don't believe it is ignorant in the slightest. The man must have created more than 400 articles based off of biblical references alone. He's preaches strictly by the book. Something our society today is not used to. What comes off as hateful and bigotry to you is really just a stressed version of what the bible has been saying forever. I don't know else to say. I mean Jesus Is Savior is one the FEW Christian sites that teaches the word of God unabashed. And alot of people could use that today.
Is he using man's version of the translation or the original translations? Man has twisted the bible for centuries.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Just in case anyone didn't ever read on this article. It's about the empty seat number in the tower building (taken from Tower of Babell) which houses the fifth parliament of Europe in Brussels, Belgium. The empty seat number is 666!!

Empty Seat Number 666

Now please don't accuse me of fear mongering. Trust me, that's the last thing I'm trying to do. I'm just trying to warn everyone that the things you think in the bible aren't real and aren't happening, are happening and has been happening! These people are setting the stage for Satan and the New World Order!

If you want to know more, check out one of my favorite Christian websites Jesus Is Savior.
Who would want that seat? The antichrist won't be sitting on a small seat, but on the seat of the speaker of the house.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:34 PM

180 posts, read 217,258 times
Quote:
It's not going to be the end of the world like 2010 says. It's going to be quite a process. And The New World Order is part of that process. You know who their waiting for to frequent that seat? Oh yes. Satan himself. But he won't be this big red monster that Hollywood has created. He's going to look just like you and I and will have great power over the nations. That's why I been trying to tell people this is not a joke. These things are VERY real and are happening. And if you want my honest opinion, I feel like Jesus is coming soon! If you take a look at the state of the world and how increasingly Godless nations are becoming and all these disasters happening, oh no. Jesus has one foot in heaven and one out just waiting for the command from God. I'm telling you.

Do you really believe this myth. CHRISTIANS since the BEGGINING of their religion have been saying the same BS in different ways and using different events to create their end of the world paranoia.

Paranoia and ignorance is what created religion in the first place and sadly thats what upholds it today as well.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:43 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just trying to help you out. Ignorant and Hateful Fundamentalism is definitely not what anyone needs...religious or otherwise.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,379 times
This smells like an urban myth. Has anybody checked Snopes on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity