Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 11:06 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You have either an inability or an unwillingness to connect the dots. Hebrews 9:27 states that 'And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.

For the church-age believer, that judgment is the judgment seat of Christ which follows the rapture of the church (1 Corinthians 3:12-15; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10-12). This judgment is for the purpose of evaluating the believers life for eternal rewards, and determining the level of responsibility that the believer will have in the Millennial kingdom.

For the unbeliever, the final judgment is the Great White Throne judgment of Revelation 20:11-15.It is to this judgment that the unbeliever will be resurrected to stand before Christ and be sentenced to the lake of fire forever. This judgement takes place at the end of the Millennium. Prior to that, the unbeliever will have been imprisoned in Hades.

Scripture is clear that eternal salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ. That anyone can and does deny the fact that the word of God says over and over again that salvation depends upon believing in Christ for salvation demonstrates their rebellious against truth. That anyone says that you can believe after you have died contradicts the Scriptures.

John 3:16, John 3:18; John 3:36; John 5:24;

Compare John 3:26 with John 5:24.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life but the wrath of God abides on him.''

John 5:24 ''Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 20:31 'but these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

John 11:25 'Jesus said to her, ''I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies; 26] and everyone WHO LIVES AND BELIEVES in Me shall never die. Do you believe this.' The deadline for believing in Jesus for salvation is physical death.

After death comes judgment at the appointed time. The unbeliever immediately goes into 'Torments' in hades to await his final transference to the lake of fire at the end of the Millennium. There is no purgatory, no chance to believe for salvation. The unbelievers fate is sealed at the time of his physical death.

You like to say that there is no verse which says that one must believe in Christ before they die. The Scriptures do indeed show that you have to believe before you die.

And to turn it around on you, there are NO passages in the Bible which say that you CAN believe after death.

Continue to reject the truth if you will. It is you who must face the consequences. And as you willingly reject the truth and continue to promote a false gospel, you leave yourself open to be the recipient of that which Paul speaks of in Galatians 1:6-9.
Hi Mike!
Get these verses in your spirit:
"Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other."
"For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell."
"For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."
"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy."
"O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever."
"By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil."

Does it offend you that God might have mercy on others, not just yourself?

A bit of humilty please...

Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 12:28 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Mike!
"Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other."
"For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell."
"For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."
"By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil."

Peace,
brian

It is by God's mercy, which is grace in action, that He provided the means of salvation for the human race. All who reject that means of salvation, all who reject God's mercy are eternally lost. They are toast, They have eternally had it. Their goose is forever cooked.

The lake of fire is forever. The consequences of ignoring God's offer of salvation are eternal and irrevocable.

God's offer of salvation ends at the moment of death. One moment after death, the unbeliever will find himself in 'Torments' in Hades until the end of the Millennium when he will be resurrected to stand before Jesus at the Great White throne to be sentenced to the lake of fire where he will reside forever without end. SO SAYS THE WORD OF THE LIVING GOD.

All who reject Christ as Savior get what they deserve. Eternity in hell.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:07 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:

Peace,
brian
The only problem brian is there is not one unbeliever who says those statements.

A bit of context does make the scripture be used correctly.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:43 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
It is by God's mercy, which is grace in action, that He provided the means of salvation for the human race. All who reject that means of salvation, all who reject God's mercy are eternally lost. They are toast, They have eternally had it. Their goose is forever cooked.

The lake of fire is forever. The consequences of ignoring God's offer of salvation are eternal and irrevocable.

God's offer of salvation ends at the moment of death. One moment after death, the unbeliever will find himself in 'Torments' in Hades until the end of the Millennium when he will be resurrected to stand before Jesus at the Great White throne to be sentenced to the lake of fire where he will reside forever without end. SO SAYS THE WORD OF THE LIVING GOD.

All who reject Christ as Savior get what they deserve. Eternity in hell.
God's mercy lasts forever. Count on it; it saved you, it can save anyone God chooses.
Ever wondered why He commands us to love our enemies? Have you learned that yet? Do you believe in the power of God, or man's condition?

Blessings,
brian

Old 09-29-2010, 05:50 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
God's mercy lasts forever. Count on it; it saved you, it can save anyone God chooses.
Ever wondered why He commands us to love our enemies? Have you learned that yet? Do you believe in the power of God, or man's condition?

Blessings,
brian
To the contrary. God cannot save anyone apart from the way which He provided. God cannot and will not compromise His integrity to save those who reject salvation through faith in Christ. It is a fool who disregards the clear teaching of Scripture concerning the eternal fate of the unbeliever.

God's love will keep no one out of the lake of fire who has rejected Christ as Savior. God's love has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is a matter of the function of God's justice. God's justice must be satisfied in order for man to have an eternal relationship with Him. If God's justice is not satisfied with regard to a person, then that person must be eternally separated from God. God's justice can only be satisfied by the imputation of His perfect righteousness to the one who first places his faith in Christ. Failure to believe in Christ results in salvation mal-adjustment to the justice of God and results in man remaiining under the condemnation with which he was born into the world.

Go peddle your Satanic doctrine of universal salvation to someone gullible enough to buy into it.

Those who reject Jesus Christ as Savior deserve to, and will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:49 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Yes, I have provided Scripture to show that one must believe in Christ before one dies. You simply refuse to face the truth.

There is a world of difference between the Judgment seat of Christ which occurs in heaven immediately following the rapture of the Church and is for church-age believers only,and which is for the purpose of evaluating the believers works for reward, and the Great White Throne Judgment which takes place more than a 1000 years later at the end of the Millennium and is for unbelievers only, and which is the unbelievers final sentencing to the eternal lake of fire.

You have rejected the truth of the word of God and have bought into the lie of Satan.
I have rejected the traditions of men which you teach that make the word of God futile and of none effect.

It is you are have bought into the lies of Satan and his teachings of everlasting torture and everlasting evil and the victory of the devil over Christ in the battle for the souls of humanity.

You are the one teaching that death defeats Gods grace in the work of Christ on the cross and that the power of Satan to deceive and destroy is greater than the power of God to persuade and save.

You are the one who teaches the victory of eternal hell and Satan throughout most of Gods creation. It is you who teaches that God in Christ failed in his mission to save the world.

You and all those who teach the doctrines of demons that you espouse ...

Peace ...

Old 09-29-2010, 06:53 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I have rejected the traditions of men which you teach that make the word of God futile and of none effect.

It is you are have bought into the lies of Satan and his teachings of everlasting torture and everlasting evil and the victory of the devil over Christ in the battle for the souls of humanity.

You are the one teaching that death defeats Gods grace in the work of Christ on the cross and that the power of Satan to deceive and destroy is greater than the power of God to persuade and save.

You are the one who teaches the victory of eternal hell and Satan throughout most of Gods creation. You and all those who teach the doctrines of demons that you espouse ...

Peace ...
Doctrines of demons. Hilarious! Yes, demons want people to go around the world preaching that Jesus Christ is Lord. Demons want people to repent of their sin and accept Christ. Demons want people to believe that they along with Satan will burn for all eternity.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:57 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Doctrines of demons. Hilarious! Yes, demons want people to go around the world preaching that Jesus Christ is Lord. Demons want people to repent of their sin and accept Christ. Demons want people to believe they along with Satan will burn for all eternity.
No Satan wants people to believe that God will torture most of humanity and that he is victorious over Christ in the battle for the souls of humanity and that Christ failed in his mission to save the world. Satan want the world to believe that evil will exist forever and that he and his demons will rule over the mass majority of humanity in hell/the lake of fire forever. Satan wants people to believe the god makes mistakes and regrets having created most of humanity.

Just like what you and Mike teach ...

Old 09-29-2010, 07:01 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
No Satan wants people to believe that God will torture most of humanity and that he is victorious over Christ in the battle for the souls of humanity and that Christ failed in his mission to save the world.

Just like what you and Mike teach ...
No, Satan has deceived you into believing that God is "too nice" to do such a thing. No Christian believes that Satan is victorious over Christ so I don't know where you got that one from. He did not fail because it was always part of His plan for people to believe in order for them to have eternal life. I was just reading Deuteronomy last night which you probably disregard because God isn't how you want Him to be. My God will do as He says.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
No, Satan has deceived you into believing that God is "too nice" to do such a thing. No Christian believes that Satan is victorious over Christ so I don't know where you got that one from. He did not fail because it was always part of His plan for people to believe in order for them to have eternal life. I was just reading Deuteronomy last night which you probably disregard because God isn't how you want Him to be. My God will do as He says.
AMEN SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity