Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 06:10 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The thing is - I don't hate you. I don't hate anybody. I don't love everybody - that is reserved for the dear people in my life that I truly love. But I try to treat everyone with love and understanding. I understand that your religion is very real to you and very important to you. But I can't understand how people can turn off their hearts and condemn people. In that respect - I'm glad I don't have your version of the holy spirit inside of me. I'm glad that I have a heart that just sees love and kindness.
I never said you hate, but society definitely hates Christians for not condoning homosexuality. I'm okay with that. I'm here to please God not man.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I actually can see things your way. Every Christian once wasn't. I understand how you think. When the Holy Spirit comes into your life, just like Paul, you turn 180.
What I feel in my heart and my life - is love and peace. I would not welcome anything into my life that would make me see others in a way that is not loving and kind. I'm just not built that way. I know you think that your way is better and that I will find out some day. But for me - my way is better. If there is a God - I know that he loves me the way I am and he loves my hear the way it is.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:30 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
So - God will only love him if he gives up ever having a loving relationship for the rest of his life? He doesn't ask that of straight people - why would he ask that of gay people? Why would God want anyone to live a life with out love?
The choice is love God or love the flesh.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
What I feel in my heart and my life - is love and peace. I would not welcome anything into my life that would make me see others in a way that is not loving and kind. I'm just not built that way. I know you think that your way is better and that I will find out some day. But for me - my way is better. If there is a God - I know that he loves me the way I am and he loves my hear the way it is.
He does love you, but he wants you (and everyone in the world) to stop sinning and obey Him. He isn't asking you to stop loving homosexuals. He wants us to love others as ourselves, but this doesn't mean that we are supposed to condone everything they do. I'm not saying being gay is worse than other sins. A sin is a sin. It's all wrong in God's eyes because He is Holy.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:39 PM

122 posts, read 191,412 times
Quote:
He does love you, but he wants you (and everyone in the world) to stop sinning and obey Him. He isn't asking you to stop loving homosexuals. He wants us to love others as ourselves, but this doesn't mean that we are supposed to condone everything they do. I'm not saying being gay is worse than other sins. A sin is a sin. It's all wrong in God's eyes because He is Holy.
Amen....

God Bless you, CW2L !!!

Old 09-02-2010, 06:43 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave
God wants us to live righteous lives. Jesus said he didn't come to bring peace, but to bring a sword. God isn't some hippie that wants everyone to live like they want as long as it's "love." He wants us to be Holy.
Are you serious? Jesus was all about teaching love, peace, and tolerance. Didn't you read all those verses about how he healed people (Luke 7:20-25)? Or love God and love thy neighbor? (Mark 12:30-31) Or when having a dinner, to invite the poor and other social outcasts? (Luke 14:7-14) According to the Bible, Jesus wanted us to be Holy, but that includes being loving, peaceful, accepting, and tolerant.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:45 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948
same argument is used to justify and explain worst and most dangerous place i know in america, hunters point SF.
"hey we are not so bad, some bad some good.
dirty laundry friend, needs to be cleaned up.
I don't see why you think I'm trying to justify anything. I have zero interest in having lots of sex and doing lots of drugs myself. I have no reason to justify that kind of behavior. My only point is that most gay people aren't like that. If people think that all, or even the vast majority of gay people are into that scene, then they're completely misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93
And for the record - I'm not a hippie. I just want to live in a world where we can all respect each other and let everyone live their lives in peace.
Great post, I'd rep you but I can't.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
I think you are a good person and I do believe that you have a good heart. But I believe, if there is a God - that he guides each person in the way that is best for them. I don't believe he would set someone up for a life of misery. I don't pretend to understand the nature of God - if there is one. I don't think anyone can.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Are you serious? Jesus was all about teaching love, peace, and tolerance. Didn't you read all those verses about how he healed people (Luke 7:20-25)? Or love God and love thy neighbor? (Mark 12:30-31) Or when having a dinner, to invite the poor and other social outcasts? (Luke 14:7-14) According to the Bible, Jesus wanted us to be Holy, but that includes being loving, peaceful, accepting, and tolerant.
Yes, I am serious. Jesus was not accepting or tolerant of the Pharisees. He isn't accepting or tolerant of sin. He hates sin.

Jesus said he didn't come to bring peace, but to bring a sword. Matthew 10:34-39

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -
a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Also, John the Baptist was not tolerant or accepting of Herod's adulterous marriage and he went to prison for it and was later beheaded. According to you, should he have kept his mouth quiet so he would keep the peace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity