Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long do you think it will be till the Rapture?
Now (2010) - 2015 9 34.62%
2015 - 2020 2 7.69%
2020 - 2030 0 0%
2030 - 2040 0 0%
2040 - 2050 0 0%
2050+ 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:17 PM

181 posts, read 124,487 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I was curious as to your thoughts as to how long do you think it will be till the Rapture with the way things are going on in this world.
I know that Bible clearly says that no one shall know the day nor the hour it is to happen, and I do think this is not something that we should dwell on as in focusing on it too much time because we, as Christians, should be spreading the Love and the Word of Our Father in Heaven, Jesus.
But I would love to hear what your thoughts are on this topic. Thank you kindly, Blessings and Hugs.

Last edited by 2Btyping; 08-12-2010 at 09:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
The sun will run out of fuel first.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:49 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
God will raise up His people and His people alone...but not before they experience great tribulation and hardship right along with the rest. He will raise up His people [true, obedient, faithful saints of God, who keep His Ten Commandments...not forsaking the fourth one, to keep the Seventh Day Sabbath Holy unto God] before it gets so bad that they could die from it...leaving the earth and everything on it to burn by fire! The sun will scorch the earth...our "protective shields" that keep us from being radiated/cooked! by the sun's radiation are slowly breaking down right now as we speak...only God nows how long it will take. Astrophysicists claim that it could be by 2050....but the effects of the sun's radiation upon the earth have been slowly destroying our "shields" since the 1940's...and it only gets worse and worse as the years go by...planet earth is heading for a total breakdown...a "..time as we have never known before.."...and we ALL! will be here to suffer a whole lot of it! The "breakdown" will not be a one day event...it will span over the few years we have left here...worsening every year that passes.

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,531,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Btyping View Post
Hi everyone,
I was curious as to your thoughts as to how long do you think it will be till the Rapture with the way things are going on in this world.
I know that Bible clearly says that no one shall know the day nor the hour it is to happen, and I do think this is not something that we should dwell on as in focusing on it too much time because we, as Christians, should be spreading the Love and the Word of Our Father in Heaven, Jesus.
But I would love to hear what your thoughts are on this topic. Thank you kindly, Blessings and Hugs.
If soon, quickly, and "upon us" took 2000+ years... why stop at 2050?

Where's the option for... it already took place or it isn't going to happen at all?

Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,883 times
in my personal view, the rapture takes place simultaneously or just before the sudden destruction. I believe with all my heart that the sudden destruction is world war III - Nuclear warfare. If you listen to the radio, watch the news on the internet on a daily basis you surely know how close we are. Closer than ever!!!
We must pray to the Lord each and every day to account worthy to escape the "hell on earth". We do not know when we have the last opportunity to obtain salvation.

I voted for the first alternative. (now - 2015)
The parable of the fig tree tells us that the day of the Lord is near, I'd be more likely to say, it is HERE, very, very soon.

Let me show you my friends, why I believe with all my heart that the rapture takes place this year. please read :

www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com - broken link)

Thank you

Maranatha!

Old 08-13-2010, 06:35 AM

889 posts, read 2,713,450 times
Now-2015. The saved will be taken up in the Rapture before THE seven years of tribulation. HOWEVER, That doen't mean that we won't see troubling times before then. There isn't an on/off switch from the good ol' days into the hard times. Right now is a slide into harder times. I'm glad I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and will be gone for the worst of it. I hope you will be, too!

Old 08-13-2010, 06:53 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,599 times
Default The Truth

This thread presupposes a "secret coming" of Christ...to wit "the rapture," when in scriptural fact the return of The Son of Adam will be known and visible to all. Those of you posting in support of this erroneous view called "the rapture" have a simple but severe case of scriptural amnesia and are being piped into a desert of scriptural uncertainty faltering between two opinions: belief in what at first you only heard...JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN FROM THE DEAD...and unbelief by reason of whom the way of truth is evil spoken of. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you folks to your scriptural senses...

Old 08-13-2010, 06:59 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
This thread presupposes a "secret coming" of Christ...to wit "the rapture," when in scriptural fact the return of The Son of Adam will be known and visible to all. Those of you posting in support of this erroneous view called "the rapture" have a simple but severe case of scriptural amnesia and are being piped into a desert of scriptural uncertainty faltering between two opinions: belief in what at first you only heard...JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN FROM THE DEAD...and unbelief by reason of whom the way of truth is evil spoken of. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you folks to your scriptural senses...
Now that is the Truth!

Old 08-13-2010, 07:28 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Those who are ready shall all be changed in the twinkling of an eye. But I don't believe anyone is going anywhere. New Jerusalem is coming down from heaven. It is not for God's people to fear death and destruction even when we see it all around with our natural eyes. We are to be prepared and ready to walk through the fire. Our God is a consuming fire.

The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness has surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? He that walks righteously, and speaks uprightly; he that despises the gain of oppressions, that shakes his hands from holding of bribes, that stops his ears from hearing of blood, and shuts his eyes from seeing evil; He shall dwell on high: his place of defense shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure. Your eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off. Your heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers? You shall not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than you can perceive; of a stammering tongue, that you can not understand. Look on Zion, the city of our solemnities: your eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken. But there the glorious LORD will be to us a place of broad rivers and streams; wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ships pass thereby. For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us. Your bindings are loosed; they could not well strengthen their mast, they could not spread the sail: then is the prey of a great spoil divided; the lame take the prey. And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity. ~from Isaiah 33

Old 08-13-2010, 07:37 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,625,672 times
I read the whole article Doesntspringtomind and it's very compelling. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what September 9th, 10th or 11th brings. I think it's going to come and go just like all of the other date setters. I don't believe we are in the tribulation right now and I don't believe that Obama is the AntiChrist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity