Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 06:10 PM

1,220 posts, read 986,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Oh toots....... but he/she certainly is winking...... because IF there is a "God" as you mean, he/she surely made me Gay to test how other "Christians" treat their fellow man and IF you all are leaving the judging to he/she and not muscling in on his/her territory.

Glass houses and all.

What physical abuse......I guarantee I'm in better physical shape than you are or can you carry 40 pounds in a backpack and walk 5 miles in the Florida......heat/humidity.

Keep in mind I only weigh 125 pounds so if you are heavier you'll need to carry a proportionately greater weight in relation to body size.

I was set free at 13 when I quit the Roman Catholic Church....of which I can certainly comment upon .

But I try to remain respectful of others.
Shalom...remaining respectful of others ? Your choice in tolerating the blatant proclivity of a group of overt people who hold the truth of the word of G-d in contempt is unwise.
Listen, I'm not judging you...you've already judged yourself. You may have "quit" the Roman Catholic Church...nevertheless your "faith" remains "works based." Anyway, The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you to the end of yourself...

Old 05-14-2011, 09:25 PM

22 posts, read 23,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolair View Post
But they started the country on public prayer! Congress opened every session with prayer! We used to have public prayer in public school because that's the way the founders set it up!

Congress still opens with prayer, albeit secular humanist prayer, but nonetheless, it should serve as evidence of America's Christian roots. The founders established the Lord's Day Act. On Sunday (I know it's going to be hard to believe), you couldn't find even a gas station opened for business.

Separation of Church and State (Thomas Jefferson) meant the State shall have no business in the private religious beliefs of the individual. It did NOT mean abolishing God, Moses, and the 10 Commandments from your public institutions including school, government, hospitals, etc. In fact, if you check out the Supreme Court, you will see markings of the 10 Commandments and Moses and the giving of the law.

American constitutional republic was founded upon English Common law, which is founded upon Magna Carta, which is founded upon Lord Alfred's Dooms, which is a word for word copy of the law given by Moses, with the exception of the word Israelite is replaced with Christian, and the priestly laws are not included pursuant to Hebrews.

So if you want to resort to name calling you're going to have to spit on the graves of the founders too.
Yeah, it sounds self centred, but I'm going to quote myself because no one has yet addressed the Biblical roots of the American Constitutional Republic! For more info, check out David Barton of Wallbuilders. Fiyero, you idiot, you keep saying prayer in public skool violates your 1st Amendment, read the above history.

As well, for those foolish ones who keep saying there are actively practicing homosexuals who do not engage in anal sex, get real. You're not going to get married to another dude and hold hands all night. OK?? Case closed.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolair View Post
Yeah, it sounds self centred, but I'm going to quote myself because no one has yet addressed the Biblical roots of the American Constitutional Republic! For more info, check out David Barton of Wallbuilders. Fiyero, you idiot, you keep saying prayer in public skool violates your 1st Amendment, read the above history.

As well, for those foolish ones who keep saying there are actively practicing homosexuals who do not engage in anal sex, get real. You're not going to get married to another dude and hold hands all night. OK?? Case closed.
About 40% of gay men do not engage in anal sex.

Interestingly, about 40% of heterosexual men and 35% of heterosexual women DO engage in anal sex. According to the CDC.

Given that gay men are only a small percentage of the population, there will always be far more heterosexuals engaging in anal sex than there will be gay men engaging in anal sex.

But homosexuality is not just sexual behaviour anyway - just like heterosexuality is not just a behavior.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:03 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Jesus Christ never had a word to say about homosexual people. I am a Christian not a "Paulian"
If Jesus thought that was important he would have said something, don't you think?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:35 AM

910 posts, read 1,337,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Jesus Christ never had a word to say about homosexual people. I am a Christian not a "Paulian"
If Jesus thought that was important he would have said something, don't you think?
Do you suppose every word of Christ was captured in the gospels? I don't remember him encountering homosexuals in scripture. Paul was an apostle selected by Christ to minister to the gentiles - his words are the inspiration from Christ, though some are hard to understand. Don't fall into the Islamic mischief that Paulian doctrine is different from Christ's.

On homosexualty - it is a spirit, once you cast away that spirit the person becomes normal, but first the 'afflicted' must be willing to have the spirit cast out of him. these are the practical steps to come out of it.

First and foremost is Baptism of the Holy Spirit- full immersion in water, preceeded by confession of sin. First immersion is in the name of the Father, 2nd immersion is in the name of the Son, 3rd immersion is in the name of the Holy Spirit. The baptism should only be conducted by one who has the Holy Spirit otherwise the person may not receive the Holy Spirit and his situation will still be he same. After baptism, please follow up ASAP with the steps below.

1. Admission that his/her situation is wrong

2. Confession of sins, prayer for forgiveness, with a 6am to 6pm fast (no food, no water) for 3 days.

3. After the 3rd day carry out fruit fast till you get to the 7th day. Fruit fast - eat only fruits and water , whilst still praying to God to instill in you the right spirit, and remove the spirit of homosexuality.

4. Day 7, start with fast 6am to end at 12 noon. Make sure four (4) married and straight couples join you in this prayer at noon. They (8 people) should surround you and the head of each couple (4 persons prays, not 8!) should pray for you in the four corners, thanking God for your deliverance. After their prayers for you, all should do the ff:

a) Shout Alleluia 3 times whilst jumping
b) Shout Hossana 3 times whilst jumping
c) Shout Amen 3 times whilst jumping.
d) Each couple will now shake your hands and declare you free from the spirit of homosexuality.

5. Conduct a love feast. remember to pray to God declaring that with this love feast, you are now set free. Also before serving the feast recite the ff verses:
a) John 6:51
b) 1Coirnth 10:16-17

or only recite

a) Acts 2: 42- end

Anybody that genuinely wants to be free from the spirit of homosexuality can indeed be free!

Glory be to God in the highest!

Old 05-15-2011, 05:23 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Wow you have a screwed up view of Christianity.
How is that possible when I am looking at Christ main message. A message it appears you want to inore.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:24 AM

[quote=Campbell34;19156673]

How is that possible when I am looking at Christ main message. A message it appears you want to ignore.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Jesus Christ supported the Laws of the Bible. His main message was about salvation, and keeping the commandments.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Apparently lost on you....
So you believe we should only look at the verses that you like while ignoring the others?

If you cannot express what your point is, why suggest it was lost on me?

Old 05-15-2011, 05:52 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Do you suppose every word of Christ was captured in the gospels? I don't remember him encountering homosexuals in scripture. Paul was an apostle selected by Christ to minister to the gentiles - his words are the inspiration from Christ, though some are hard to understand. Don't fall into the Islamic mischief that Paulian doctrine is different from Christ's.

On homosexualty - it is a spirit, once you cast away that spirit the person becomes normal, but first the 'afflicted' must be willing to have the spirit cast out of him. these are the practical steps to come out of it.

First and foremost is Baptism of the Holy Spirit- full immersion in water, preceeded by confession of sin. First immersion is in the name of the Father, 2nd immersion is in the name of the Son, 3rd immersion is in the name of the Holy Spirit. The baptism should only be conducted by one who has the Holy Spirit otherwise the person may not receive the Holy Spirit and his situation will still be he same. After baptism, please follow up ASAP with the steps below.

1. Admission that his/her situation is wrong

2. Confession of sins, prayer for forgiveness, with a 6am to 6pm fast (no food, no water) for 3 days.

3. After the 3rd day carry out fruit fast till you get to the 7th day. Fruit fast - eat only fruits and water , whilst still praying to God to instill in you the right spirit, and remove the spirit of homosexuality.

4. Day 7, start with fast 6am to end at 12 noon. Make sure four (4) married and straight couples join you in this prayer at noon. They (8 people) should surround you and the head of each couple (4 persons prays, not 8!) should pray for you in the four corners, thanking God for your deliverance. After their prayers for you, all should do the ff:

a) Shout Alleluia 3 times whilst jumping
b) Shout Hossana 3 times whilst jumping
c) Shout Amen 3 times whilst jumping.
d) Each couple will now shake your hands and declare you free from the spirit of homosexuality.

5. Conduct a love feast. remember to pray to God declaring that with this love feast, you are now set free. Also before serving the feast recite the ff verses:
a) John 6:51
b) 1Coirnth 10:16-17

or only recite

a) Acts 2: 42- end

Anybody that genuinely wants to be free from the spirit of homosexuality can indeed be free!

Glory be to God in the highest!

It doesn't work that way. Sorry bub. Homosexuality is as natural as hetersexuality. Get over it. They aren't sinners as long as they love just like married people can live in sin if love is not the basis. I see more married people sinning than I do homsexuals. I have quite a few friends who are gay or lesbian and we also have a lesbian minister in our church. God is very well pleased with them all because they are all very loving people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity