Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 08:10 AM

910 posts, read 1,342,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post

It doesn't work that way. Sorry bub. Homosexuality is as natural as hetersexuality. Get over it. They aren't sinners as long as they love just like married people can live in sin if love is not the basis. I see more married people sinning than I do homsexuals. I have quite a few friends who are gay or lesbian and we also have a lesbian minister in our church. God is very well pleased with them all because they are all very loving people.

It is inbuilt, yes. Natural, no. I have also seen criminals and murderers who appear nice to other people.

It is inbuilt because there is a spirit responsible for that condition. Unless your eyes are open you cannot discern this spiritual truth. The carnal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit. I have homosexual friends and they are like other heterosexual beings.

A homosexual bent can be reversed, I have not told you that they are the only sinners. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. A fornicator is a sinner, homo or hetro. But the homo bent is not normal, it is abnormal and the result of a spirit in the person. The steps I have outlined will drive out that spirit and welcome the spirit of God which is a big deal.To acquire the Holy Spirit is no mean feat. Its like if you are programmed to receive an important visitor in your home. Will you

a) Keep your home trim and tidy?
b) Keep it disheveled?

Which one will the visitor prefer? Not rocket science.

All I am saying is that homosexuals possess a spirit that enables them to function that way.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:32 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,535,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post

It doesn't work that way. Sorry bub. Homosexuality is as natural as hetersexuality. Get over it. They aren't sinners as long as they love just like married people can live in sin if love is not the basis. I see more married people sinning than I do homsexuals. I have quite a few friends who are gay or lesbian and we also have a lesbian minister in our church. God is very well pleased with them all because they are all very loving people.
Every sentence is total opposite from the truth.........They are part of the "wicked list" that will be damned.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes
nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers ......
will inherit the kingdom of God.

Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion.
They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

God says it "P E R V E R S I O N" Jude 1:7 Romans 1:27

boo hoo The Truth says homosexuality is unnatural, perversion, chosen abandonment by those who practice it, detestable to God
and those who call it "good" ... WATCH OUT! Isaiah 5:20

Last edited by twin.spin; 05-15-2011 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: forgot bible ref

Old 05-15-2011, 08:45 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,038,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
It is inbuilt, yes. Natural, no. I have also seen criminals and murderers who appear nice to other people.

It is inbuilt because there is a spirit responsible for that condition. Unless your eyes are open you cannot discern this spiritual truth. The carnal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit. I have homosexual friends and they are like other heterosexual beings.

A homosexual bent can be reversed, I have not told you that they are the only sinners. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. A fornicator is a sinner, homo or hetro. But the homo bent is not normal, it is abnormal and the result of a spirit in the person. The steps I have outlined will drive out that spirit and welcome the spirit of God which is a big deal.To acquire the Holy Spirit is no mean feat. Its like if you are programmed to receive an important visitor in your home. Will you

a) Keep your home trim and tidy?
b) Keep it disheveled?

Which one will the visitor prefer? Not rocket science.

All I am saying is that homosexuals possess a spirit that enables them to function that way.
No, the soul that is male can inhabit a female body. The material body is just a shell and when we die, we will no longer wear it and our true person shows in our soul. You think what you want though but in the spirit world, you won't even kow who was or wasn't gay.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:47 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,038,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Every sentence is total opposite from the truth.........They are part of the "wicked list" that will be damned.
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers ......

In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion.

boo hoo The Truth says homosexuality is unnatural, perversion, chosen abandonment by those who practice it, detestable to God
Well, since I don't read the bible nor do I believe it all, I cannot agree with you on this. God doesn't put conditions on us. We do. Love has no condition. If you truely loved someone, the homsexuality would be overlooked and you would see the true person inside. Guess you'll find out as well as Twin Spin. Maybe you guys can hook up when you get to the spirit world and try to figure out who was or wasn't gay.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:56 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,811,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolair View Post
Yeah, it sounds self centred, but I'm going to quote myself because no one has yet addressed the Biblical roots of the American Constitutional Republic! For more info, check out David Barton of Wallbuilders. Fiyero, you idiot, you keep saying prayer in public skool violates your 1st Amendment, read the above history.

As well, for those foolish ones who keep saying there are actively practicing homosexuals who do not engage in anal sex, get real. You're not going to get married to another dude and hold hands all night. OK?? Case closed.
Don't worry. Same-sex marriage will be legal in this country. Count on it. The idiocy of the Christian fundie right wings won't be able to stop it forever.

P.S. Very loving post of yours right there. Calling me an idiot and claiming I want to get married and hold hands. Nice and condescending. You're a great "Christian".

Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
If it's not natural, why does almost every animal species on Earth have homosexuals?

Quote:
There is no evidence God has ever changed one's orientation. So no, it can't be reversed. The only people who believe this are the psycho "pray the gay away" anti-gay hate groups who seriously injure homosexuals with their lies. I know devout Christian gays who have prayed for God to change their orientation for decades, and he always reassures them he's fine with the way they are. He never changes them.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Sigh. Homosexual was not added to Corinthians until 1958 A.D. For the entire Reformation until 1958, that word was universally accepted to mean Masturbation. A meaning that still exists in many Greek dictionaries today.

However, Paul's contemporaries, said it referred to temple prostitutes.

Around 35 A.D., the Jewish philosopher Philo (a contemporary of Paul’s) held that arsenokoites referred to shrine prostitution (Philo, The Special Laws, III, VII, 40-42).

History of Arsenokoites - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

Corinthians and Timothy - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

Gee, who do you think understood Paul's meaning better. Those who lived at the same time he did and heard the word being used at the time Paul invented it. Or a fundamentalist Christian translator who decided to change the long standing meanings in 1958 A.D. to improve Bible sales?

It's amazing how many "Christians" know nothing about scripture. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:08 AM

24,161 posts, read 32,677,864 times
Marlbron that's YOUR fundamentalist denomination. I don't go to a legalistic, hateful church. My church has openly gay members and gay people can be pastors.
We don't baptize by immersion or three times. And what does THAT have to do with anything anyway?

Fundies just don't know when to quit or shut up. They are always right as rain.
That's why we keep our fundie in-laws several hundred miles away. Because having dinner with them is always a time for preaching, pontificating and pointing out the flaws of others.
How Chistlike...

Old 05-15-2011, 10:11 AM

869 posts, read 975,009 times
Quote:
Well, since I don't read the bible nor do I believe it all, I cannot agree with you on this. God doesn't put conditions on us.

In other words this person creates his god in accordance with his own special needful specifications. Of course this requires that his god have absolutely no moral demands for his worshipers. Which conveniently means, of course, that this god's worshipers are allowed to amorally and sinfully boogy to their hearts' content without nary a care in the world. Sound like any god the Bible might describe? Hmmmmmm? Ummmm, you know-like Satan the Devil perhaps?

Exodus 20:1-15 ESV
And God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me.

Last edited by Radrook; 05-15-2011 at 10:23 AM..

Old 05-15-2011, 10:19 AM

869 posts, read 975,009 times
Quote:
Fundies just don't know when to quit or shut up.
Acts 5

27When they had brought them, they stood them before the Council. The high priest questioned them, 28saying, “We gave you strict orders not to continue teaching in this name, and yet, you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.” 29But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity