Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 12:07 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,723,427 times

Advertisements

>>Jesus Never! lied! He ALWAYS! spoke NOTHING! other than the Word of God! <<

RESPONSE:

1 Thess 4:15

"For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will by no means precede those who have died." (NRSV)

But none were left alive until the second coming. So evidently Jesus lied to Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
What IS the Doctrine of Jesus Christ...as it is exemplified throughout the entire Bible...all His words considered?...and please don't say "love", because He had a whole lot more to say about many other principles...I need an answer from a sincere consideration by you, based upon ALL His principles and commands He taught...throughout the entire Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
THIS is the source of your inability to understand Jesus Christ and the True Nature of God. The OT only prophesies about Jesus coming and what He will accomplish. It establishes His credentials as the son of God. Jesus SAYS NOTHING in the OT. He came to undo the veil of ignorance that clouded the primitive understanding of God from reading the OT. You refuse to lift the veil. You prefer the primitive ignorance about God . . . thinking it is doctrine from Jesus. It is NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Just had to repeat this for emphasis because it is such an IMMENSELY important point!
...not according to the Word of God...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Proverbs 8:23 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.

Proverbs 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence,

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

1 John 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

God who has manifested Himself through His works had also revealed His Wisdom and His Will through His Word...from the beginning of time...before the foundations of the earth was laid.

Mystic and sparrow, ...and Jesus said...

PROVERBS 8:

1 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

2 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

3 She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be
right things.

7 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.

16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

I'll believe God and His Precious Word.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 10-23-2010 at 08:42 PM..

Old 10-23-2010, 08:57 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
this only validates that Jesus is the Word of God and He is the only one who can reveal what is in the "mind of God" . . . not OT ignorance.
Quote:
Proverbs 8:23 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.

Proverbs 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence,

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
OT
Quote:
1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

1 John 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
Just acknowledges and reinforces that Jesus is the best and only example of God we have (the "mind of Christ"). Nothing about the OT and "precepts and doctrines of men."
Quote:

PROVERBS 8:

2 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

3 She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be
right things.

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
Jesus said none of that . . . it is OT.
Quote:
Verna.
You do not believe God's Word if you attribute to Jesus what He did not teach or exemplify with His life and death.You retain the veil of ignorance over the OT and refuse to lift it with the "mind of Christ" and what is "written in our hearts" by God . . . and revealed to us by the Holy Spirit within. It is so sad to see such devotion to primitive ignorance.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:
this only validates that Jesus is the Word of God and He is the only one who can reveal what is in the "mind of God" . . . not OT ignorance.
Every single thought, every single action, and every single word spoken by God in the Old Testament was revealed by His Word...He just hadn't been manifested in the flesh yet, BUT HE WAS STILL THERE! He was the truth God spoke...He was the way God wanted His people to go...He was the life given to them who obeyed Him! IN THE OLD TESTAMENT!

The Bible is the Word of God...all of it, from beginning to end!!!...and it is our responsibility...our duty! to give it the most reverent and serious consideration. The Bible is a Divine revelation, and it should be studied, ALL OF IT!...yet, man fervently feasts in every other source, but the Book of ALL! books is neglected...not only by the ignorant, and illiterate, but by the wise of this world as well. The "All! Oh! so professed wise" boast of their knowledge of the Greek, yet, they know little or nothing of Moses and the prophets, Simply put...they know very little, if anything of the truth of God's Holy Word, period.

The neglect of the Bible only verifies the Scriptures! The contempt with which the Bible is treated demonstrates that human nature is exactly what God's Word represents it to be—fallen and depraved.

[quote=Verna] Proverbs 8:23 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
OT
The Bible is the Word of God...the handiwork of God. It is Divine...ALL OF IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna
1 John 1:1
Quote:
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

Quote:
Just acknowledges and reinforces that Jesus is the best and only example of God we have (the "mind of Christ"). Nothing about the OT and "precepts and doctrines of men."
Nice try, but no buy...EVERYTHING CREATED!...every precept, every promise, every principle, every command was SPOKEN! by God's WORD!...He!...JESUS!...ETERNAL LIFE!...SALVATION!...THE WORD OF GOD!...only hadn't been MANIFESTED INTO FLESH YET!

God who has manifested Himself through His works had also revealed His Wisdom and His Will through His Word...from the beginning of time...before the foundations of the earth was laid.

Quote:
Quote:

PROVERBS 8:

right things.

Quote:
Jesus said none of that . . . it is OT.

Proverbs...

1. "The use of the Proverbs"...
To know wisdom and instruction, to perceive the WORDS of understanding, To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, judgements, and equity, To give subtiltie to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning: and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverbe, and the interpretation; the WORDS of the wise, and their dark sayings.

2. "An exhortation to fear God and believe His WORD!"...
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge [wisdom]: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

3. "To avoid the intisings of sinners."...
My son, if sinners entise thee, consent thou not. My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path: For their feet run to evil, and make hast to shed blood.

4. "Wisdom complaineth of her contempt"...
Wisdom crieth without, she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her WORDS, saying, "How long, ye simple ones, will you love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My WORDS unto you.

5. "She [wisdom] threateneth her contemners"...
Because I have called, and you have refused, I have stretched out My hand, and no man regarded: But ye have set at nought all My counsel, and would none of My reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity, I will mock when your fear cometh. When your fear commeth as desolation, and your destruction commeth as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish commeth upon you: Then shall they call upon Me, but I will not answer; they shall seek Me early, but they shall not find Me. For they that hated knowledge, and did not CHOOSE! the fear of the LORD.

The Bible is ALL! God...ALL! His Word!...ALL! He is...and His Word is Jesus...in Spirit...and in truth...and in flesh.

Quote:

Quote:
You do not believe God's Word if you attribute to Jesus what He did not teach or exemplify with His life and death.You retain the veil of ignorance over the OT and refuse to lift it with the "mind of Christ" and what is "written in our hearts" by God . . . and revealed to us by the Holy Spirit within. It is so sad to see such devotion to primitive ignorance.
I believe in EVERY! WORD! that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

God taught and exemplifyed through His WORD...He became flesh..and before He became flesh, He was STILL! every WORD God spoke! Old Testament absolutely without exclusion!

Verna.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:45 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,723,427 times
Verna Perry posted:

The Bible is the Word of God...all of it, from beginning to end!!!...and it is our responsibility...our duty! to give it the most reverent and serious consideration. The Bible is a Divine revelation, and it should be studied, ALL OF IT!...yet, man fervently feasts in every other source, but the Book of ALL! books is neglected...not only by the ignorant, and illiterate, but by the wise of this world as well. The "All! Oh! so professed wise" boast of their knowledge of the Greek, yet, they know little or nothing of Moses and the prophets, Simply put...they know very little, if anything of the truth of God's Holy Word, period.

RESPONSE:

The Bible is a collection of human writings and folklore. Every major religion has it's "Holy Book" and they're all different.

But only Christians seem to run excessively long proof texts from their scripture, evidently attempting to prove some general point which they generally can't define.

Commands to slaughter unbelievers and their children, approval of slavery, and allowing the rape of female captives, doesn't sound very God-like, does it?

But these proof texts are seldom quoted.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 AM

Default ...and my Jesus...God's Holy Word, said...

Mark 3:

1And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand.

2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him.

3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth.

4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

6And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.

7But Jesus withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea: and a great multitude from Galilee followed him, and from Judaea,

8And from Jerusalem, and from Idumaea, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came unto him.

9And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should wait on him because of the multitude, lest they should throng him.

10For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch him, as many as had plagues.

11 And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

12 And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known.

13And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him.

14And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

15And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:

16And Simon he surnamed Peter;

17 And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder:

18And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite,

19And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him: and they went into an house.

20 And the multitude cometh together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread.

21And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

22And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

23And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

27No man can enter into a strong man's [gp against a strong-hold] house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man [overcome a strong-hold]; and then he will spoil his house.

28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

31There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

33And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Praise God and His Precious, Faithful Word...from Whom ALL BLessings flow...Amen.

Verna.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Every single thought, every single action, and every single word spoken by God in the Old Testament was revealed by His Word...He just hadn't been manifested in the flesh yet, BUT HE WAS STILL THERE! He was the truth God spoke...He was the way God wanted His people to go...He was the life given to them who obeyed Him! IN THE OLD TESTAMENT!
You simply prefer to remain ignorant of the difference between inspiration and dictation . . . that is why you insist on retaining the ignorant primitive interpretations of God's inspirations (NOT dictation) as recorded by our ancestors. You refuse to reinterpret THE SAME WORDS using the "mind of Christ" (which reveals the TRUE NATURE of God) . . . NOT the primitive descriptions of Jehovah with all the attributed HUMAN PSYCHOLOGICAL WEAKNESSES. You are NOT reading the Bible as a CHRISTian . . .you are reading it as a BIBLEan retaining ALL the errors the veil of ignorance causes from reading the OT. Jesus Christ, His message and example remains corrupted in your mind by that OT veil of ignorance He came to lift. You will NOT remove it and read THE SAME WORDS with the "mind of Christ." None of us are rejecting the Bible or leading anyone to sin or rejection of Christ or evil deeds or . . . `whatever. You have twisted your understanding of our message of Christ by assuming that we are. NOTHING you have ever posted says BELIEVE THE LITERAL READING OF THE OT if you would understand the mind and motivations of God. In fact . . . it explicitly states do not use the veil of ignorance over the OT . . . read using the "mind of Christ" and what is "written in our hearts" by God and guided by the Holy Spirit within. Stop pretending we are leading anyone to sin!

1 Corinthians 2:13-16 (King James Version)

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-24-2010 at 09:25 AM..

Old 10-24-2010, 12:38 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
this only validates that Jesus is the Word of God and He is the only one who can reveal what is in the "mind of God" . . . not OT ignorance.OT Just acknowledges and reinforces that Jesus is the best and only example of God we have (the "mind of Christ"). Nothing about the OT and "precepts and doctrines of men." Jesus said none of that . . . it is OT.You do not believe God's Word if you attribute to Jesus what He did not teach or exemplify with His life and death.You retain the veil of ignorance over the OT and refuse to lift it with the "mind of Christ" and what is "written in our hearts" by God . . . and revealed to us by the Holy Spirit within. It is so sad to see such devotion to primitive ignorance.
Quote:

The neglect of the Bible only verifies the Scriptures! The contempt with which the Bible is treated demonstrates that human nature is exactly what God's Word represents it to be—fallen and depraved.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.[/quote]

The Bible is the Word of God...the handiwork of God. It is Divine...ALL OF IT!

Nice try, but no buy...EVERYTHING CREATED!...every precept, every promise, every principle, every command was SPOKEN! by God's WORD!...He!...JESUS!...ETERNAL LIFE!...SALVATION!...THE WORD OF GOD!...only hadn't been MANIFESTED INTO FLESH YET!

[font=Georgia]

Proverbs...

1. "The use of the Proverbs"...
To know wisdom and instruction, to perceive the WORDS of understanding, To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, judgements, and equity, To give subtiltie to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning: and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverbe, and the interpretation; the WORDS of the wise, and their dark sayings.

2. "An exhortation to fear God and believe His WORD!"...
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge [wisdom]: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

3. "To avoid the intisings of sinners."...
My son, if sinners entise thee, consent thou not. My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path: For their feet run to evil, and make hast to shed blood.

4. "Wisdom complaineth of her contempt"...
Wisdom crieth without, she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her WORDS, saying, "How long, ye simple ones, will you love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My WORDS unto you.

5. "She [wisdom] threateneth her contemners"...
Because I have called, and you have refused, I have stretched out My hand, and no man regarded: But ye have set at nought all My counsel, and would none of My reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity, I will mock when your fear cometh. When your fear commeth as desolation, and your destruction commeth as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish commeth upon you: Then shall they call upon Me, but I will not answer; they shall seek Me early, but they shall not find Me. For they that hated knowledge, and did not CHOOSE! the fear of the LORD.

The Bible is ALL! God...ALL! His Word!...ALL! He is...and His Word is Jesus...in Spirit...and in truth...and in flesh.

I believe in EVERY! WORD! that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

God taught and exemplifyed through His WORD...He became flesh..and before He became flesh, He was STILL! every WORD God spoke! Old Testament absolutely without exclusion!

Verna.

It obvious some people are simply in denial of the fact that what Christ taught was in contradiction of the old law.

Its plain as the nose on my face.

The Law required adulterers and those who broke the sabbath etc., to be put to death, but Christ taught forgiveness.

The old Law taught that that God hates his enemies and sinners, Christs taught that God loves his enemies and sinners.

Many people who believe they are Christians in fact only draw Close to God with their mouths and provide lip service but do not actually know Christ or understand his message. Christ stands on the outside of their hearts, and they refuse to let him in ...

Old 10-24-2010, 01:55 PM

Mystic and Ironmaw...and anyone else who seems to think you can just rip out the first half of the Bible and reject it...that it is of no effect any longer...LIES!!!...nothing but lies!...

Hebrews 6:17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath.

Galatians 3:15 Brothers, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

....READ THESE PASSAGES!!!!!!!!........

16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.

17 What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.

19 What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.

20 A mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one.

21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

22 But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

23 Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.

>>>>24 So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.<<<<

...it (the law) hasn't gone anywhere!!!!

25 Now that faith has come, we [the faithful and obedient to God's commands] are no longer under the supervision of the law.

...but if you don't have faith in Jesus Christ, the WORD of God, Who has commanded His people FROM THE BEGINNING! to this day! to be obedient to His commands...guess what...? YOU ARE! under the supervision of the law! Thus saith the LORD God Almighty!

Ecclesiastes 1:9 What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun

Ecclestiastes 3:15 What is happening now has happened before, and what will happen in the future has happened before, because God makes the same things happen over and over again.

...the Old Testament is a foreshadow of things yet to come!...

God's ways in the past foreshadow His dealings in the future, for He changeth not. Scripture

distinctly tells us that "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one

day,"...so from this we can conclude most assuradely! that the six days' work by God in Genesis

foreshadows six thousand years of human trials and tests and tribulations...and on the seventh day

Jesus our King and Righteous Judge shall preside...and this dispensation will last exactly! one

thousand years!

You have no New Testament without the Old Testament. Period.

Verna.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Mystic and Ironmaw...and anyone else who seems to think you can just rip out the first half of the Bible and reject it...that it is of no effect any longer...LIES!!!...nothing but lies!...
Are you deliberately not understanding that we do not reject the OT . . . we RE-INTERPRET it using the "Mind of Christ." Your interpretation and understanding of it remains under the veil of ignorance that plagued our primitive ancestors. Jesus came to lift that veil and reveal the TRUE NATURE of God. YOU REJECT Jesus in favor of the ignorant descriptions of the OT Jehovah.
Quote:
Hebrews 6:17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purposevery clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath.
Galatians 3:15 Brothers, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.
God's PURPOSE remains the same . . . but our ANCESTOR'S ignorant misunderstandings about God's TRUE NATURE is what needed to change. You have retained it as if it was your sacred duty. That is the effect of satanic corruption. The OT covenant is of no effect . . . the New Covenant of Christ is in effect.
Quote:
....READ THESE PASSAGES!!!!!!!!........

16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.

17 What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.

19 What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions UNTIL the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.

>>>>24 So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.<<<<

...it (the law) hasn't gone anywhere!!!!
The law was there UNTIL CHRIST HAD COME. What about UNTIL do you not understand, Verna?
Quote:
25 Now that faith has come, we [the faithful and obedient to God's commands] are no longer under the supervision of the law.
Why do you add to scripture to support your belief in our ancestor's primitive ignorance?? What does God say about adding to scripture? The red parenthetical is NOT in the verse. The commands we are to be obedient to are Jesus' . . . "love God and each other."
Quote:
...but if you don't have faith in Jesus Christ, the WORD of God, Who has commanded His people FROM THE BEGINNING! to this day! to be obedient to His commands...guess what...? YOU ARE! under the supervision of the law! Thus saith the LORD God Almighty!
If anyone's faith in Jesus Christ, the WORD of God is in question it is NOT those of us who take Jesus and His two commands as the (New Good News) Gospel and totality of the law under the New Covenant. Check yourself for faith in CHRIST . . . Jehovah believer.
Quote:
You have no New Testament without the Old Testament. Period.
Wrong . . . you have no New Testament if you retain the veil of ignorance over the Old Testament. Period.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth, Mystic.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-24-2010 at 06:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity