Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Have you studied Gnosticism in depth?

One of the God fathers of the doctrine of Hell and eternal torment in Christianity, Augustine, was originally a Manichean, and he interpolated many of the doctrines of Mani into Christianity when he converted to Roman Catholicism after Christianity had became the state religion of Rome.

If you knew anything about Gnosticism, you would realize that contemporary orthodox fundamentalist Christianity is very much doctrinally influenced by early gnostic and Pagan doctrines, the roots of which can be traced all the way back through the pharisees to ancient Zoroastrianism, the mystery religion of ancient Babylon.

Even the form of worship commonly known today as "church" or otherwise synagogue comes from Ancient Babylon, when the idea of building many different places of worship for local veneration was first developed and then later it was adopted by Israel before the building of the second temple. These churches were where the locals would gather to hear the high priest preach to them explaining the exoteric traditions of their religion and explain the will of God. Of course the local temples or churches back then were also parasites living off the labor of the community through temple taxes, etc. ...
A hodgepodge of chaos; cities and their great temple towers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 07:31 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
You cannot confess that Jesus is the Lord unless you have the Holy Spirit:

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Read that again. That verse says that nobody can say that Jesus is Lord unless they have the Holy Spirit.

Now..this:

Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Notice that these verses prove that everyone will eventually have the Holy Spirit otherwise they could not confess that Jesus is Lord.
AMEN! The work is GOD's, not man's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
So your saying God will NOT have His knee on people's neck saying -
"C'mon, say it, say Jesus Christ is Lord before I throw you into the lake of fire"

(I suppose a certain M555 will chime in now and quote verses about the demons, when they were confronted by Christ)

Back to the verse, I love the way it was translated in the modern english version of the bible I have called The way" - (going by memory here)

"No can say Jesus is Lord and really mean it unless the Holy Spirit is helping them" . I've always thought that as being a litmus test to see if someone is really a christian.
Yes, it is GOD who is helping man; we have nothing we can do to help God. It's His plan, His will, His Kingdom, His Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
John Hagee would have us believe that the Holy spirit will not only enable that confession, if they still won't do it, God will break their legs.

SOME have the picture of "For the Gory of God the father"
Incredible how a Holy Ghost preacher can preach hate and violence. The wolves have truly entered the flock...

Blessings to all,
brian

Old 10-09-2010, 04:54 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
AMEN! The work is GOD's, not man's!

Yes, it is GOD who is helping man; we have nothing we can do to help God. It's His plan, His will, His Kingdom, His Love!

Incredible how a Holy Ghost preacher can preach hate and violence. The wolves have truly entered the flock...

Blessings to all,
brian
Hi Brian, I think the problem with most of mainstream Christianity is that they believe Faith originates with the individual first and not from God such that their Faith qualifies them for salvation. If there were to acknowledge that Faith is a gift from God then maybe they would understand that the only way for anyone to be saved is up to God and not up to us.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:05 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Hi Brian, I think the problem with most of mainstream Christianity is that they believe Faith originates with the individual first and not from God such that their Faith qualifies them for salvation. If there were to acknowledge that Faith is a gift from God then maybe they would understand that the only way for anyone to be saved is up to God and not up to us.
Hi trettep!
I couldn't agree with you more!
Another part of the same problem among many today is that they forget that it was God who saved them, not vice versa!

Blessings,
Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity