Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:58 AM

69 posts, read 103,856 times

Advertisements

Who has the "real Bible"? Who's bible are you looking at? It seems there is a ton of Bibles that all have different stories to tell. The operative word is "Stories".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
The chart can be viewed at www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com - broken link)

studying the chart, we'll get the information required to determine the first day - midpoint - last day of the tribulation - the second coming, the man of sin, the relations between the blood red moons, plus more heavenly signs pointing towards the Great Tribulation.

The Rapture is a bit more complicated issue... It is expected to happen in the first half of the tribulation but we cannot know when exactly... It is now clear that we can't escape the whole 7 years as we've been in the tribulation for like 2 years. We have no reason to leave until things start to go really bad. However, we have every reason to expect the rapture to happen in the fall of 2010.

For more explanation on this whole topic and the rapture, I suggest you read www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com - broken link)

AGAIN! REALLY!!! Didn't we just go through this a couple months ago? Will you people ever learn???

Old 07-06-2011, 09:00 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
The only thing that shows no sign of ending is the parade of loons predicting the end.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The only thing that shows no sign of ending is the parade of loons predicting the end.
Sometimes I just want the end to come so I can stop hearing about the end to come!

I figured the last debaucle would be the end but apparently not.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
AGAIN! REALLY!!! Didn't we just go through this a couple months ago? Will you people ever learn???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Sometimes I just want the end to come so I can stop hearing about the end to come!

I figured the last debacle would be the end but apparently not.
An odd lot to be in agreement!! Unfortunately cognitive dissonance is very powerful and just about guarantees it will continue ad infinitum. Even the strongest evidence does nothing but make them more adamant . . . it is called the "backfire effect."

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-06-2011 at 11:07 PM..

Old 07-06-2011, 10:59 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
Those of us who believe in any of the Monotheistic Abrahamic Faiths usually agree there will be a final day. Also most of us agree we do not know when it will be. Only that there will be signs before and nearly all of the signs have already occurred. We do not know when the last day will be and those who claim to know, are deceiving themselves.

I like this cartoon about the Mayan Calender stone. It may be closer to truth than comedy.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:39 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Those of us who believe in any of the Monotheistic Abrahamic Faiths usually agree there will be a final day. Also most of us agree we do not know when it will be. Only that there will be signs before and nearly all of the signs have already occurred. We do not know when the last day will be and those who claim to know, are deceiving themselves.

I like this cartoon about the Mayan Calender stone. It may be closer to truth than comedy.
Good one. (the cartoon). I'm saving that to share elsewhere. What I always say is that the end of the world (for you) is the day you die. That day is different for each individual. We never know when our last breath will be. We should come to terms with the inevitability of death regardless of when "the world" ends.

Heartsong

Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 AM

889 posts, read 825,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Of the "Rapture"? Well, I definitely believe in the Second Coming of Christ, which is biblical. The "Rapture," on the other hand, is a doctrine that did not even exist until the Protestant Reformation.
If memory serves me correct, the concept of the "Rapture" did not appear until the 1800's. None of the founding protestants like Luther or Calvin believed in any such doctrine. If this is true, then Rapture is just another byproduct of 19th century creative American Christian splintering.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:03 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Good one. (the cartoon). I'm saving that to share elsewhere. What I always say is that the end of the world (for you) is the day you die. That day is different for each individual. We never know when our last breath will be. We should come to terms with the inevitability of death regardless of when "the world" ends.

Heartsong
Yep, our own individual custom-made rapture/end of the age.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:16 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
The chart can be viewed at www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com - broken link)

studying the chart, we'll get the information required to determine the first day - midpoint - last day of the tribulation - the second coming, the man of sin, the relations between the blood red moons, plus more heavenly signs pointing towards the Great Tribulation.

The Rapture is a bit more complicated issue... It is expected to happen in the first half of the tribulation but we cannot know when exactly... It is now clear that we can't escape the whole 7 years as we've been in the tribulation for like 2 years. We have no reason to leave until things start to go really bad. However, we have every reason to expect the rapture to happen in the fall of 2010.

For more explanation on this whole topic and the rapture, I suggest you read www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777.webs.com - broken link)
Its interesting here you were claiming the rapture would happen in 2010, now I have seen you are claiming it will happen by April 11, 2012 at the latest. What was wrong with fall 2010? When that date comes & goes, then what? Come up with another date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity