Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 04:55 AM

271 posts, read 355,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
Let me point out that not everyone posting in this thread is "Christian".

My point with that is to recognize that while we may associate with different religions, there are often many more similarities than there are differences, especially when it comes to the core values. Religion is merely the language of spirituality. Meaning that just as there are different languages in the world with which we use to communicate with one another (spanish, english, french, arabic, etc - one is not better than the other, just different and particular to the region and history and culture one comes from) - the language of spirituality is the way with which we communicate with God and about God and the deeper meaning of this life and this world and this existence.

I just didn't find it wise to comment on moderator's post

Old 12-01-2010, 11:50 AM

271 posts, read 355,864 times
Default Muslims are asked by God to take The disciples as models !

Today, I was praying.

I recited this verse. again and again.

Surat As-Saf [61:14]
"O you who have believed, be supporters of Allah , as when Jesus, the son of Mary, said to the disciples, "Who are my supporters for Allah ?" The disciples said, "We are supporters of Allah ." And a faction of the Children of Israel believed and a faction disbelieved. So We supported those who believed against their enemy, and they became dominant."

Disciples were, surely good servants. I think christians also respect disciples and think of them as models. Is this right ?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity