Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Actually, I agree with this.

Serve and submit to whom you will, for God allows each of us to pick and choose who and what we will, if any, that shall reign over us.

As for me and my house, we serve and submit to Jesus Christ as King.
In that we agree... Or possibly, agree to disagree...LOL

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 12-09-2010 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Added more content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 10:35 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,350,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Notice also that if anyone resists the authorities God has set in place that such a one is withstanding God's mandate. So as Christians we should not resist God nor those He has set in place over us, even if we believe what they are doing is wrong.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QGF6IEea4UGdmM:http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk432/scoobybud/911%20truth/bush_hitler.jpg&t=1 (broken link)
Google Image Result for http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk432/scoobybud/911%20truth/bush_hitler.jpg

It seems that Hitler and "W" couldn't agree with you more.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:07 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Actually, I agree with this.

Serve and submit to whom you will, for God allows each of us to pick and choose who and what we will, if any, that shall reign over us.

As for me and my house, we serve and submit to Jesus Christ as King.
If you are not subject to the higher authorities you pay taxes to then you are not subject to Jesus Christ as King.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except under God. Now those which are, have been set under God,

Old 12-09-2010, 12:36 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
If you are not subject to the higher authorities you pay taxes to then you are not subject to Jesus Christ as King.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except under God. Now those which are, have been set under God,

So saith YOU. Reread it, and not through rose colored,,or rather red , white and blue glasses.

WE as children of the Most High God, have the LIBERTY to choose this day whom we shall serve, or submit to. What does the word 'authority' mean in the Greek? How about:

1) power of choice, liberty of doing as one pleases

We submit to the Higher Power, or Liberty, and our Liberty, or Power comes from God, for there is none BUT from God. And he who resists this Power, or Liberty, RESISTS GOD.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

So saith YOU. Reread it, and not through rose colored,,or rather red , white and blue glasses.

WE as children of the Most High God, have the LIBERTY to choose this day whom we shall serve, or submit to. What does the word 'authority' mean in the Greek? How about:

We submit to the Higher Power, or Liberty, and our Liberty, or Power comes from God, for there is none BUT from God. And he who resists this Power, or Liberty, RESISTS GOD.
It's funny Hot how you talk so much about the authority of the king, which king do you think this scripture is referring to ?.

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases. Proverbs 21 :1

You say the liberty of doing as one pleases, and here we read the Lord directs wherever he pleases.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:56 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,350,275 times
Quote:
What does the word 'authority' mean in the Greek? How about:

This is the EXACT opposite of what Government means.

In Latin (the language of the Romans) Government is "Gobernus Mente". Gobernus means to guide or control; Mente means mind. Therefore the word Government literally means "mind control". The only ones in society with "authority" (the power of choice) are the ones at the top of "government" (the mind control).

Old 12-09-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:

But Paul is right. If you don't pay your taxes or tribute then you are resisting the authorities God set up over you and you will then have to fear the magistrate (judge) who does not wear the sword form naught.

Even Jesus said: render unto Caesar the things of Caesar and to God the things that are God's.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
But Paul is right. If you don't pay your taxes or tribute then you are resisting the authorities God set up over you and you will then have to fear the magistrate (judge) who does not wear the sword form naught.

Even Jesus said: render unto Caesar the things of Caesar and to God the things that are God's.
Listen to what Jesus said,,,carefully.

I render what is due, and to WHOM it is due.

And God didn't 'set' anyone over me, except the Lord Jesus Christ, whom He has given ALL Authority,,,ALL Authority,,,again,,,ALL Authority. There is NO Authority, but His Authority, because He has ALL Authority,,,to the BELIEVER. We are baptized, in HIS NAME, under HIS AUTHORITY. We are called CHRISTIANS, which is Christ FOLLOWER.

Choose this day whom you will serve and submit to, and quit playing games.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
This is the EXACT opposite of what Government means.

In Latin (the language of the Romans) Government is "Gobernus Mente". Gobernus means to guide or control; Mente means mind. Therefore the word Government literally means "mind control". The only ones in society with "authority" (the power of choice) are the ones at the top of "government" (the mind control).
And this is because the people supposedly under God give that Authority due His Son,,to another. And then wonder why God doesn't HEAR their prayers.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Listen to what Jesus said,,,carefully.

I render what is due, and to WHOM it is due.
No, you got it wrong. This is what Jesus said:

Mat 22:21 They are saying, "Caesar's.Then He is saying to them, "Be
paying, then, Caesar's to Caesar, and God's to God."

And Paul teaches us in Romans 13 to pay our taxes and tribute to the political leaders God set over us and to be subject to them.

Quote:
And God didn't 'set' anyone over me, except the Lord Jesus Christ,
I don't know what Bible you are reading but this Bible says otherwise than what you are saying:

Rom 13:1-8 Let every soul be subject to the superior authorities, for
there is no authority except under God. Now those which are, have
been set under God, (2) so that he who is resisting an authority has
withstood God's mandate. Now those who have withstood, will be
getting judgment for themselves, (3) for magistrates are not a fear to the
good act, but to the evil. Now you do not want to be fearing the
authority. Do good, and you will be having applause from it." (4) For it is
God's servant for your good. Now if you should be doing evil, fear, for
not feignedly is it wearing the sword. For it is God's servant, an avenger
for indignation to him who is committing evil." (5) Wherefore it is
necessary to be subject, not only because of indignation, but also
because of conscience." (6) For therefore you are settling taxes also, for
they are God's ministers, perpetuated for this self-same thing." (7)
Render to all their dues, to whom tax, tax, to whom tribute, tribute, to
whom fear, fear, to whom honor, honor." (8) To no one owe anything,
except to be loving one another, for he who is loving another has fulfilled
law."

Quote:
whom He has given ALL Authority,,,ALL Authority,,,again,,,ALL Authority. There is NO Authority, but His Authority, because He has ALL Authority,,,to the BELIEVER. We are baptized, in HIS NAME, under HIS AUTHORITY. We are called CHRISTIANS, which is Christ FOLLOWER.
If you don't do Romans 13:1-8 you are not a follower of Christ.

Quote:
Choose this day whom you will serve and submit to, and quit playing games.
I serve God and Christ and subject myself to the superior authorities in Government God has set over us for our good. You quit playing games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity