Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:54 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times

Advertisements

Westboro baptist church, christianity gone terribly wrong.

Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9dD9v2cIMU

This is a prime example of the gospel of Christ having been twisted and corrupted by the hate and violence of one man who has dominated the lives of his family. Do the teachings of this cult ring a bell, or sound familiar?

Be careful what you preach ...

A music video produced by the Westboro baptist church ...

"God hates the world and all her people"

YouTube - Electro Remix. God hates The World. By Shirley Phelps Roper Westboro Baptist Church song remix

The late 2007 shocking documentary of Pastor Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church, those who oppose it and those family members who chose to leave it all behind. The late 2007 shocking documentary of Pastor Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church, those who oppose it and those family members who chose to leave it all behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km5IYHj1wn4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 04:04 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Moderator cut:

Orpahned post

Youd be surprised how many would be christians teach the same gospel of hate throughout the world. Though perhaps with less offensive language, it really all equates to the same thing. The phelps are just a prime example of the false gospel of Hate and its extreme effects on the lives of those who are brainwashed by it.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-16-2009 at 12:30 PM..

Old 08-15-2009, 04:13 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

Youd be surprised how many would be christians teach the same gospel of hate throughout the world. Though perhaps with less offensive language, it really all equates to the same thing. The phelps are just a prime example of the false gospel of Hate and its extreme effects on the lives of those who are brainwashed by it.
I am not surprised at all that the gospel of hate is preached everywhere..The Westboro Church just has the ways and means of allowing the news media to give them free airtime

Old 08-15-2009, 04:58 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Reporter: "What's your favorite sign?"
8 year old child: "God hates you".

My what a sight it will be when the phelps clan knees bow out of the sheer weight of His love.

They can paint their vile pictures all day, they can rant and rave, and wallow in their hatred... but the picture I prefer to keep in MY mind is the one I just described.

They are God's children.
Why or How they became so lost.... I do not know.
But I do know that just like the one lost sheep...God will find them and bring them back into the fold.

Hate is powerless, weak, impotent in the grand scheme of things.
LOVE is the most powerful thing in this world.
God IS Love.

All hatred will be destroyed.
THEIR hatred... is on the path of destruction.
Their hatred WILL be destroyed. Swallowed by God's love.
And their now empty, desolate, whithered hearts will finally be filled.

False beliefs about God can wreak such havoc...
SUCH havoc for our fellow brothers and sisters in this world.
This is just but one extreme example of what false beliefs will manifest into. It isn't pretty, is it?
Take your beliefs... your path... all the way... and where does it lead?
Does it merge onto the Phelps path? I think some may be surprised to find that it, in fact, CAN.

Peace...
Love is the most powerful thing.
God is love.
We are in good hands.
No matter what one lost sheep may tell you...or scream at you from the side of the road.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:46 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
I think it's s shame that people don't see a difference between these nitwits and real Christians.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I think it's s shame that people don't see a difference between these nitwits and real Christians.
How do you recognize real christians ? by love or doctrine ? Taking into account they have believed by faith in the grace of God demonstrated towards us at Calvary .

Last edited by pcamps; 08-15-2009 at 06:04 PM..

Old 08-15-2009, 05:58 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I think people know that most Christians are not like the Phelps family, but what exactly is a "real" Christian? There seems to be a million definitions of what a Christian is. To me a Christian is anyone who believes in the deity of Jesus Christ....Everything else is just window dressing.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:56 PM

320 posts, read 449,275 times
Real Believers are recognized by "LOVE" John 13:35. By this all men will know, that you are my disciples, if you love one another!
They Walk it, Live it, and Breath it! We get a few stones thrown at us and still love and forgive them that cast stones!

grace and peace!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:37 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
Real Believers are recognized by "LOVE" John 13:35. By this all men will know, that you are my disciples, if you love one another!
They Walk it, Live it, and Breath it! We get a few stones thrown at us and still love and forgive them that cast stones!

grace and peace!
Certainly better than the Phelps doctrine of pure hatred.

YouTube - Michael Moore vs Westboro Baptist Church

Old 08-16-2009, 10:15 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
While I don't condone the tone with which she presents her message, what I see is a thoroughly liberal reporter who supports everything God is against (gay marriage, freedom to love whoever (and whatever) you want and marry them (or it) if it feels good do it, it's ok) looking aghast at a brother and sister who are basically saying, "Repent or judgement will come upon you". The truly shocking thing about all this is the number of people on this board who condemn their message more than the inappropriate way they deliver it. I've observed that we've had more and more atheists and agnostics visiting lately who are slyly trying IMHO to pervert and derail the gospel message. Michael Moore, liveral-to-the-core atheist who preaches the "this is the country God loves" gets more support here than a minister whose message at the core is the biblical message of God bringing judgment on a nation for its sin. All I can say to the true Christians here is "Beware".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity