Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which way???
from ET to UR 12 75.00%
from UR to ET 1 6.25%
from ET to UR then back to ET 0 0%
from UR to ET to UR 0 0%
just cant make my mind up 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times

Advertisements

how many christians turn from ET thinking to UR thinking,and when the change takes place how many actually turn back to the way of the ETer.

p.s.this is not a debate on UR versus ET,as the mods have been clear on hat they want on that topic for a while,hence the poll.

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
You should probably research how many UR believers there are in the country, or the world. With your poll you will only get a number of URs at this board.

Maybe you should be asking how many have gone from unbelief to belief? Isn't that what counts? It is to me anyway.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:29 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
if you and another were dropped in the middle of black dark forest and all the two of had was a compass and a flashlight, would U.R. or E.T. be of any benefit to the two of you? would you stand there in the middle of the black dark forest discussing U.R. v.s. E.T.?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:36 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe you should be asking how many have gone from unbelief to belief? Isn't that what counts? It is to me anyway.
Agreed.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 AM

In my opinion, the process of growing from little children to young men to fathers will take us through the milk of ET to the meat of UR.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
If I could, I would delete the comment immediately, but it is too late.
Isn't the internet great! Perhaps Ilene can share about forgiving yourself - her ET posts are still there for her to see.

I have a tatoo from my teen years, myself.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:19 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Isn't the internet great! Perhaps Ilene can share about forgiving yourself - her ET posts are still there for her to see.

I have a tatoo from my teen years, myself.
Wow absolutely!! I cringe everytime I see one of my old ET threads get resurrected and then I'm expected to post in it. One of them is still here and I posted that "I wish I may, I wish I might, I wish this thread to die tonight".......and guess what it did!!

I am still embarrassed by my posting as an ETer, but according to some I still have something to be embarrassed about even as a UR. Well I'm here to tell you that there is a whole lot more love in my heart today than there was a year ago and it's because I've gotten to know the one true God, as He should be known. Sarcasm and defending oneself from attacks has nothing to do with that. It's too bad some people can't distiguish between the two. But you know what, that ain't my problem!! And I'm NOT being sarcastic!!

I'm here to spread a little joy and love, and it's sad that people can't tell when they're being loved.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:40 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Please accept my apologies for expressing my opinon. If I could, I would delete the comment immediately, but it is too late.
It is ok to express your opinion ...... but it just seems that on this forum at the moment that there are some that want to express their opinion, but will resent others for wanting the same right to express their opinions especially if that opinion is different from their own .....

Old 01-25-2011, 03:01 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
well so far the poll(according to this board,no offense taken finn)is pointing towards christianity moving away from the doctrine of ET,,nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2011, 03:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
well so far the poll(according to this board,no offense taken finn)is pointing towards christianity moving away from the doctrine of ET,,nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could it be because most people don't move anywhere? What I have today is something I will NEVER trade for anything, so I will never move. When I moved, I moved from unbelief to belief. What I have today is the truth, and if I move anywhere else, I would mean that I move away from the truth. If a person moves it simply shows that he/she never had the peace, joy and love which God promises to those who believe in Him. Why else would they move? When I was an unbeliever I had no peace, but now I do.

Some URs have said that before they became UR, they had hatred in their hearts. That is proof of absence of God, and that means they were not saved before they found UR. If they found God and got saved in the process of finding UR then that is great. I think finding God takes priority over finding ET/UR. Don't you think?

You seem preoccupied about ET and UR and you have said you don't know which way to go. Well, you need to examine your relationship with God, because if everything in OK, you probably would not be looking to move anywhere. I don't think the answer is whether or not you believe there is hell, but whether or not you need to get saved.

Examine yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY6F0pkArds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity