Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,583 times

Advertisements

While creating Husbands, God promised Women that good and ideal Husbands would be found in all corners of the world...
And then he made the earth round.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer when all of a sudden he said aloud, "Lord grant me one wish". The sky clouded and a booming voice said,
"Because you have tried to be faithful I will grant you one wish." The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want to."

The Lord answered, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific!
The concrete and steel it would take. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time to think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me."

The man thought for a long time and finally said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know what they feel inside, what they are thinking when
they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy?"

After a few minutes God said, "How many lanes did you want on that bridge?"

Old 03-21-2011, 11:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
How did the priest make holy water? He took some tap water and boiled the hell out of it!

Astrology Jokes Religion and God Jokes Heaven and Hell Jokes New Age Jokes Spiritual Leaders Jokes Wiccan Jokes Yoga Jokes Aliens monsters and ghost jokes

Old 03-21-2011, 11:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
BudinAk and Jerwade - Thanks for the chuckle!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:45 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer when all of a sudden he said aloud, "Lord grant me one wish". The sky clouded and a booming voice said,
"Because you have tried to be faithful I will grant you one wish." The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want to."

The Lord answered, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific!
The concrete and steel it would take. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time to think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me."

The man thought for a long time and finally said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know what they feel inside, what they are thinking when
they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy?"

After a few minutes God said, "How many lanes did you want on that bridge?"

Good one Jerwade...

Old 03-22-2011, 12:46 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,588 times
well,that explains it....

Old 03-22-2011, 07:13 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
While creating Husbands, God promised Women that good and ideal Husbands would be found in all corners of the world...

.....Ha! Ha! Ha! ...that was a good one Bud! They're all funny...thanks for the laugh!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:21 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Yea, but when it comes to good husbands, only God can put corners on a round earth:

Re 7:1 after this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.

Re 20:8 and will come out to deceive the nations which are at the four corners of the earth, that is, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.

Isa 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:33 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,588 times
the 4 corners are north south east and west.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
the 4 corners are north south east and west.
If you are on the north pole, which direction is North?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity